The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recharge Barrier is useless

(PSN)Sentiel

450?cb=20200502022459

Also, the Wiki claims this only works once per shield placed.

Not to look a gifted horse in the mouth but this one is a few teeth short...

There is absolutely no use for this Augment (in PvE at least) since Volt already has Capacitance.

450?cb=20180328111334

Not only does this restore shields, it creates overshields and does so for everyone near Volt And Volt himself when he uses Discharge.

I'm glad Volt got a new Augment but it would be a lot better if it did something completely different. Something...useful.

How about changing the Electric Shield's size? Increasing it's damage (when Shock is used on it) so it can be used as a battering ram? Give it channeling to remove the ability duration?

Those are just some random ideas, not thought out properly but still better than the mods current version.

Edited by (PS4)Sentiel
Typo
  • Like 2

I mean, that goes for every single frame augment from conclave that they made available for PvE since they didn't adjust them in the slightest. The most potent one was Rumbled and even that is underwhelming due to the restrictions it has. The Nyx one would be cool if it worked with Assimilate. The rest was dead before PvE arrival just by reading them.

This one just shows how underwhelming they all are specifically well because Volt has a way better alternative to get the same effect, as you pointed out.

I wonder if these augments ever get touched up for PvE.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

I mean, that goes for every single frame augment from conclave that they made available for PvE since they didn't adjust them in the slightest. The most potent one was Rumbled and even that is underwhelming due to the restrictions it has. The Nyx one would be cool if it worked with Assimilate. The rest was dead before PvE arrival just by reading them.

This one just shows how underwhelming they all are specifically well because Volt has a way better alternative to get the same effect, as you pointed out.

I wonder if these augments ever get touched up for PvE.

If Nyx's Absorb would work like Assimilate by default then the new Augment is great, otherwise it's pretty useless as well and even if we could use both Augments at the same time, the mod slot cost is too high.

Back to Volt, the mod got touched, as it originally looked like this.

Recharge_Barrier.ac127e80c1c496aba3a9b59

I'm not sure which version is worse...

I'd go with the old one being slightly worse since percentage values can at least be influenced by your other mod i.e. redirection, Primed Vigor etc.. I don't think two mod slots for being absolutely invulnerable but slowed and pulling enemies close to you would be too much of a cost. You'd run both Nyx augments, Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, Primed Continuity and the rest would be ranged mods or something. Thanks for the info.

• 3 years later...
On 2020-05-25 at 1:46 PM, (PSN)Sentiel said:

450?cb=20200502022459

Also, the Wiki claims this only works once per shield placed.

Not to look a gifted horse in the mouth but this one is a few teeth short...

There is absolutely no use for this Augment (in PvE at least) since Volt already has Capacitance.

450?cb=20180328111334

Not only does this restore shields, it creates overshields and does so for everyone near Volt And Volt himself when he uses Discharge.

I'm glad Volt got a new Augment but it would be a lot better if it did something completely different. Something...useful.

How about changing the Electric Shield's size? Increasing it's damage (when Shock is used on it) so it can be used as a battering ram? Give it channeling to remove the ability duration?

Those are just some random ideas, not thought out properly but still better than the mods current version.

Honestly this augment is quite useful to change volt into a really good shield gating support frame for allies with high shields. The percentage scales with strength and you can get it up to 100% to completely restore shields and reset shield gate invulnerability. As much as it neuters any viability with discharge and giving others your speed you can always subsume something else over them. It's pretty situational, but if you ran a team with hildryn, styanax, and revenant I imagine the team would be pretty much invincible between revenant sharing mesmer skin, hildryn stripping armor, syanax providing overguard, and Volt throwing dispensaries and electric shields while running around with his own carried shield gate tool that buffs his projectile crits, adds extra damage, and will knock enemies down for ground finishers if you take the time to shock it first. With hildryn alone they have good enough synergy to supplement each other with unlimited ability use even without dispensary if you coordinate and work together. Sure, there are other ways to do this (energy vamp with the augment and brief respite being what comes to mind), but it is the only ability that can instantly reset an over 4 second shield gate invulnerability which is worth acknowledging at the very least.

hace 29 minutos, Cannablaster420 dijo:

Honestly this augment is quite useful to change volt into a really good shield gating support frame for allies with high shields. The percentage scales with strength and you can get it up to 100% to completely restore shields and reset shield gate invulnerability. As much as it neuters any viability with discharge and giving others your speed you can always subsume something else over them. It's pretty situational, but if you ran a team with hildryn, styanax, and revenant I imagine the team would be pretty much invincible between revenant sharing mesmer skin, hildryn stripping armor, syanax providing overguard, and Volt throwing dispensaries and electric shields while running around with his own carried shield gate tool that buffs his projectile crits, adds extra damage, and will knock enemies down for ground finishers if you take the time to shock it first. With hildryn alone they have good enough synergy to supplement each other with unlimited ability use even without dispensary if you coordinate and work together. Sure, there are other ways to do this (energy vamp with the augment and brief respite being what comes to mind), but it is the only ability that can instantly reset an over 4 second shield gate invulnerability which is worth acknowledging at the very least.

The Discharge Augment grants shields and overshields to you and your allies. If you're going to subsume some ability that's his 1, why recharge your shields if you have a revenant on the team? Having to look for Volt's electric shields to recharge them and differentiate them from the ones you already used is unfeasible, with Discharge all you need is for your allies to be within your range.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cannablaster420 said:

To be fair, this topic is three years old. We haven't had the current shield gating back then.