The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Statements By De

ThisOneIsAnnoyed

4M accounts. That means from day one until now. People have been creating a total number of 4M accounts. That includes players that are still playing actively today, stopped playing ages ago, never actually started the game for what ever reason and players that have created multiple accounts.

It does not necessarely reflect how many active players Warframe has and these numbers do not state anything else on other games or platforms.

That number does make sense to me. Especially when comparing it to the Steam stats that shows how many players have been logging in every day. Those are active players! Many players lose interest in f2p games really fast. And don't forget. This is a grinding game where players get active when new content is getting released.

It is one of the most famous f2p games right now and apparently the fastest growing one this year.

Remember Planetside 2, Dota 2 and League of Legends are still f2p. They are older but they are still in the marked and people are still creating accounts.

I don't see anything odd here. And assuming that the 4M number is stating "Warframes crafted" is a farfetched assumption and proofless. In the end that wouln't make any sense to me.

But hey, what do we know, right?

That's an excellent question. What do you know? Where is it stated to be the fastest growing F2P title? Where is any evidence to back up what you're saying? Especially since you're saying something different from what has been officially said.

Please, I'm going to ask again, we don't want opinions from people completely removed from actual sources of info, we are looking for first-hand sources of info. Posts like this are the equivalent of white noise towards the actual discussion of the topic.

That's an excellent question. What do you know? Where is it stated to be the fastest growing F2P title? Where is any evidence to back up what you're saying? Especially since you're saying something different from what has been officially said.

Please, I'm going to ask again, we don't want opinions from people completely removed from actual sources of info, we are looking for first-hand sources of info. Posts like this are the equivalent of white noise towards the actual discussion of the topic.

I am sorry but I gonna be blunt here.

No, I think you fail to see what I am saying. I am stating that the statement of the OP is a pointless, farfetched assumption without any proof or matter.

All I say is that the 4M number has no real value for us. Why are we questioning this? What is this about?

That randomly mentioned 4M number on the livestream is something like a social reach number. Maybe important for analysis and the companys value etc.

To us its just as pointless as the Facebook likes to rescue starving children.

If DE wants to archieve anything with those random numbers they will take a lot of care to backup those random values with proof. But not to us. Because like I said above. These number do not matter to us at all!

To me, all the OP is stating is that DE is trying to mislead us with false numbers. "Woah! Where does that come from?" I asked myself. Thats why I even replied to this topic.

Its ok to ask question and asking for proof but what the OP is doing is just a crazy assumption out of no where.

These number do not matter to us at all!

I got caught into the fishnet thanks to the aggressive Steam advertisement WF had, and the bait of "Over 3 Million Players".

So yeah, it matters. It's like you are meting a girl you friended on facebook and she seems nice and cute but when she arrives at the cafe its a fat dude with a naruto headband. False advertising.

My money's on 4 million accounts. But for those who are active, I'd say take 4 million with a pinch of salt. 

I had to prune my friends and clan list. Almost all my clan who came in just after the clan update are no longer active at all. The most active only came in every 2 weeks.

Edit: From 40 people, it was pruned to less than 5.

Edited by Destro6677

Bottom line is more people are leaving than those joining and the market is not infinite. Eventually this ship will sink as games in this shape (lack of vision or true direction) typically has a max life of two years. Once the money slows the development starts to cease due to cutbacks and it typically dies a slow death. Console gamers are much less forgiving than PC which will either make or break this game. They can start over in that segment of the market but if they can't bring home the Bacon by early next year it's over for sure.

I myself will never again waste a single nickel on a small studio who cannot show me the REAL goods (paying for beta is a load of CRAP) up front. This game has changed so much from what many founders originally supported. I doubt i'll ever bother to play it again so it's money that could have better been spent supporting a developer with a real vision. The longevity with Warframe is just not there as you find with many Korean games where they develop for long term profit rather then a quick smash and grab.

That is completely irrelevant to what the OP is about, in this case. As it doesn't matter if we are counting Players or Warframes neither number is sufficient.

How is it completely irrelevant when his theory is based on what he thinks DE means when they say the word?

His theory is based some idea he came up with picked from the air.

And, yes, everyone knows that press releases about account numbers count all sorts different things to get the number up.

This isnt big news.

I am sorry but I gonna be blunt here.

No, I think you fail to see what I am saying. I am stating that the statement of the OP is a pointless, farfetched assumption without any proof or matter.

All I say is that the 4M number has no real value for us. Why are we questioning this? What is this about?

It has a lot of value to us. If DE came out and said, "There's only 500 people playing", it would be a massive discouragement to anyone new to the game, and a blow to the confidence of anyone already playing the game. By saying to the players, "Oh yeah, millions of people are still playing!", they are implying a number of things:

1) If you were thinking that the issues you are having are serious enough to leave the game, clearly you're in the minority as millions of people are still happily playing.

2) Your dropping clan list isn't due to people being fed up with the game, it's just unlucky for you because clearly many more people are joining the game every day.

3) Don't bother complaining about things you dislike because there are plenty of people ready to fill your spot.

So, yes. The numbers DO have value to us.

It has a lot of value to us. If DE came out and said, "There's only 500 people playing", it would be a massive discouragement to anyone new to the game, and a blow to the confidence of anyone already playing the game. By saying to the players, "Oh yeah, millions of people are still playing!", they are implying a number of things:

1) If you were thinking that the issues you are having are serious enough to leave the game, clearly you're in the minority as millions of people are still happily playing.

2) Your dropping clan list isn't due to people being fed up with the game, it's just unlucky for you because clearly many more people are joining the game every day.

3) Don't bother complaining about things you dislike because there are plenty of people ready to fill your spot.

So, yes. The numbers DO have value to us.

You are right, it take it back :)

I viewed the case from my point of view because to me that number dosn't really matter right now. To me the number of registered accounts are just a empty numbers since they do not reflect active players or how good a game is at all (e.g. I hate every CoD game that came after the very first modern warfare game and they still sell in high numbers every year).

Some games get more players hooked for a long time and other games lose their new players after 15 minutes of gameplay. So 4M registered accounts? "Who cares?"

Thats probably why I don't get the point of this thread. I gonna think about this topic again tomorrow.

A warframe is not called a Tenno.

A Tenno is what pilots a warframe.

In case you missed this detail, all warframes have a different Tenno inside. So warframe = tenno as far as numbers are concerned.

Unless you can somehow claim that the guy in a Rhino somehow morphs and becomes a babydoll to fit in a Nova frame. No, the reverse is equally stupid, leg and arm sizes are totally different, and you can't fit her in a Rhino frame

you're ignoring evidence that contradicts your opinion, and demanding proof that you yourself have never provided.

Even assuming that you're correct what's the value of discussing a marketing ploy?

He stated a theory and provided the best proofs he could get to back it up (which isn't admittedly much) and asked our assistance in finding more proofs that either support or disprove his hypothesis. It's fair to me. He didn't state his stuff as if it was a UNIVERSAL THRUTH we should all agree with.

Also, while there is very little supporting his theory, there is NO evidence that contradicts his theory.

News (paper or sites) are NOT evidence either in science papers or in legal court since they have NO kind of fact-checking system and claim total bullS#&$ with an alarming frequency (and a few days after they write an apology hidden at page 59 or in an obscure part of the site), while DE is the main source (which should know, but is the one we are not believing in his theory, and for good reasons) and Steam does have logs to back up its stuff (and has no reason to claim nonsense).

Please increase your understanding of scientific method.

Even assuming that you're correct what's the value of discussing a marketing ploy?

Academic curiosity? It's a refreshing change from the usual threads about the obfuscation of drop tables and noobs whining about Soma/galatine being OP.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

You are right, it take it back :)

I viewed the case from my point of view because to me that number dosn't really matter right now. To me the number of registered accounts are just a empty numbers since they do not reflect active players or how good a game is at all (e.g. I hate every CoD game that came after the very first modern warfare game and they still sell in high numbers every year).

Some games get more players hooked for a long time and other games lose their new players after 15 minutes of gameplay. So 4M registered accounts? "Who cares?"

Thats probably why I don't get the point of this thread. I gonna think about this topic again tomorrow.

The thread really isn't trying to prove any enormous point or make any truly incredible statement, at least that isn't what I've been taking from it. It is a pretty simple thread which is playing with a pretty simple idea.

"Why on earth would you try to tell use there are 4 million people when anyone who is actually playing knows better? Isn't that kinda silly?"

No damage is done pointing out how silly it is for DE to try to play the numbers like that - especially since anyone with two brain cells knows it isn't likely true.

That is, however, just what I've taken from the thread.

In case you missed this detail, all warframes have a different Tenno inside. So warframe = tenno as far as numbers are concerned.

Unless you can somehow claim that the guy in a Rhino somehow morphs and becomes a babydoll to fit in a Nova frame. No, the reverse is equally stupid, leg and arm sizes are totally different, and you can't fit her in a Rhino frame

You play one Tenno who has many frames.

This is a sci-fi game.... i dont understand how people play these games and somehow completely ignore that this is some make believe stuff.

The thread really isn't trying to prove any enormous point or make any truly incredible statement, at least that isn't what I've been taking from it. It is a pretty simple thread which is playing with a pretty simple idea.

"Why on earth would you try to tell use there are 4 million people when anyone who is actually playing knows better? Isn't that kinda silly?"

No damage is done pointing out how silly it is for DE to try to play the numbers like that - especially since anyone with two brain cells knows it isn't likely true.

This game is played world wide, everyone knows this.

I'm not saying the number is accurate but dont take the country you live on as the population of the game.

In World of Warcraft when all those accounts were being sold as a big thing the majority of those millions of accounts came from Asia. And not not only that but those accounts are actually internet cafe accounts cause over there people play games differently.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

I'm seeing an interesting pattern in the kinds of posts that fall in line with your statement, Blatant. It tickles me.

Wrong. Devs said that each Warframe is an individual. And there are a ton of games where you have different characters you can play as, like TF2 or Borderlands. Or even SW Battlegrounds. So it's not that weird.

Going off the only "lore" that exists (Dark Sector), the original Tenno was evolved from a human into his Excalibur warframe via the technocyte virus. He was not able to remove it, as it was bonded into his nervous system and became part of his being. That would support the idea of each warframe being an individual Tenno, and there's nothing that suggests otherwise.

Wrong. Devs never said that ever. Ever.

Except they have. This knowledge has been in the community or a long time now. They said that during one of the oldest livestreams and haven't said anything since to imply that has changed.

This game is played world wide, everyone knows this.

I'm not saying the number is accurate but dont take the country you live on as the population of the game.

In World of Warcraft when all those accounts were being sold as a big thing the majority of those millions of accounts came from Asia. And not not only that but those accounts are actually internet cafe accounts cause over there people play games differently.

No matter how you try to spin it the number of active players is still not going to be anywhere near 4 million.

I'm seeing an interesting pattern in the kinds of posts that fall in line with your statement, Blatant. It tickles me.

I feel the same way.