Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Some Explain Why This Happens When I Turn Dof/motion Blur On?

-Innovation-

It happens everywhere (and by everywhere I mean a lot of places not actually everywhere) but I can't say for certain that it happens every time.

I think that it has something to do with Depth of Field and how that was implemented, but I speculate.

and on a side note, I really think those should be two separate check boxes.

It happens everywhere (and by everywhere I mean a lot of places not actually everywhere) but I can't say for certain that it happens every time.

I think that it has something to do with Depth of Field and how that was implemented, but I speculate.

and on a side note, I really think those should be two separate check boxes.

Yea, that's normal - it causes a sort of "fog of war " effect which I feel looks great but hinders your playing.  

Many forum threads talk about making the two separate options 

Well you can't have motion blur without Depth of Field.

Now, the reason this happens is to provide DIFFERENT depths of field. Sometimes creating crisp clean images, and sometimes creating very hazy and more tense environments.

I personally love the fog. It gives the area much more character, and makes the game even more engaging

Both are horrible exaggerated settings, so I don't care if we can turn them on/off individually. They are meant to demonstrate

a realistic environment for the player, simulating some natural sensory perceptions we humans have.

But I advise anyone who have such optical deficiency in real life to consult a doctor as soon as possible, or restrict drug usage strongly.

o_O.jpg