Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions for railjack/archwing

• Railjack has a reactor. Abilities of the Railjack running off a depletable stock -- effectively batteries when it has an onboard self-sustaining power source -- make little sense. What about a built-in [Energy Siphon], with different rates tied to the reactor installed? House(s) would affect recharge rate.
  • Archgun in free-roam archwing as an option. Makes little sense that we can use archgun or archwing in free-roam, but not archgun in archwing in free-roam.
Edited by (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:
  • Railjack has a reactor. Reactors are self-sustaining. Why are its abilities effectively running on batteries made from a depletable stock?

Gameplay reasons. 

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:
  • We can use archwing in free-roam, we can use archgun in free-roam...but not archgun in archwing in free-roam?

Valid question, but why would you want to use your Archgun? You primary should be stronger than any of your Archguns...

If you take a look at what flux energy is crafted from, the cubic diodes and copernics are electrical components. My best guess is that we're not actually crafting the flux itself, we're crafting disposable charges to feed the flux through to produce the desired avionic ability. The reactor is producing raw energy, not missiles or particle rams. There needs to be an intermediate component that turns energy into abilities.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:
  1. This was from a thread about Railjack and folks using the Railjack's energy/missile stocks. I understand missiles as a stock, but batteries on a reactor-powered ship...?

And again: Gameplay reasons.
Why isn't Ember, the Fire Warframe, not immune to fire? Not everything has to make sense if it comes to balance.
Also: Different kinds of energy. Maybe the reactor's energy for the engines isn't usable for the weapons.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

"Why?" Why not?

As I said, normal primaries are way stronger...
And if there were other weapons included, how would it be handled? How to decide what to use? You want Archguns, but I want normal guns. Do we get an additional button? Do we spawn Archguns during Archwing with the Archgun-Deployer?
More of that stuff opens the door for more glitches, for a super minor part of the game.
Let's be real: almost nobody uses Archwing in Free roam for fighting. It's just there for traveling the map. There is almost no reason to spend more dev-time on it as of right now...

Btw. why is this in feedback? Especially the part with the Railjack's energy is more of a discussion, and doesn't provide any feedback.

Edited by WhiteMarker

38 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

You want Archguns, but I want normal guns.

What I'm asking is not if we can [replace regular guns with archguns] in free-roam archwing, but if we can [have the option to use archguns] in free-roam archwing.

38 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Btw. why is this in feedback?

Because I question the logic of these mission-specific items, it's not a bug, and I'm not sure if it fits in general discussion. Mission feedback was the only place it sounded remotely appropriate.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Because I question the logic of these mission-specific items, it's not a bug, and I'm not sure if it fits in general discussion. Mission feedback was the only place it sounded remotely appropriate.

And I gave the reasoning behind it all:
Gameplay reasons. Use of skills needs to be limited. Therefore we have Flux Energy. Movement shouldn't be limited that much, so we have nothing to craft for that. We had a stamina back in the day and DE removed it for good.

Just let's put it differently:
If we had infinite energy for our skills. No flux energy at all. How would you limit the use of skills then?

And btw. If you want to give feedback, word it like feedback.
Say something like "Please remove flux energy because of this and that, and make it so that this and that..."
Don't just say "But why though?" and leave it at that. DE doesn't care about such laziness. Nobody does.

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

And I gave the reasoning behind it all:
Gameplay reasons.

Noted.

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

If we had infinite energy for our skills. No flux energy at all. How would you limit the use of skills then?

Way I was thinking, a built-in [Energy Siphon]. Edited this into first post.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Way I was thinking, a built-in [Energy Siphon]. Different reactors could probably squeeze a little faster recharge, but I doubt it.

Then put that in your opening post and use a proper title for your thread. If you want to give feedback, then the actual feedback shouldn't be in the eighth post, but in the first one.