Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Re-Doing The Miter

DarknightK

After many complaints and RAEG on the Miter after these past few updates, I've decided to compile a thread for suggestions on how to re-work the Miter's gameplay usefulness...

Overall Changes:

Faster base flight speed

+5% more damage (Total of 55.0 base damage, and 157.5 (or just round it up to 160) charge damage)

Use Rifle ammo (like the Torid and Ogris) instead of Sniper ammo (Or just create a whole new ammo type for launchers...)

Non-Charged Shots:

Should Deal more DPS than their charged variant, so that they become more useful otherwise for staggering enemies

Charged Shots:

Faster projectile travel speed than non-charged shots

Add higher base critical chance (from 0% right now to at least 10%)

Add a small chance for charged shots to knockdown enemies instead of staggering them

Miter-Specific Mods:

Seeking Disc: Miter blades will seek out nearby enemies when launched and rebounded

(Increasing this mod's rank will increase the seeking distance)

Torque: Miter blades have a small chance of dealing multiple damage per disc; kind of like Split Chamber but for each disc, and at max rank, can only possibly hit up to 3 times per disc.

Elastic Edge: Allows Miter discs to bounce multiple times,

(Increasing the mod rank will allow for more bounces, similar to Glaive's Rebound)

Shattered Steel: When Miter blades have finished rebounding, there is a small chance they will explode in an [x] radius, dealing [y] blade damage.

(Increasing mod rank will increase the explosion radius and increase explosive damage)

Ripchord: Turns the Miter into a chainsaw by basically turning it into a variant of the Dead-Space Ripper. DPS is vastly enhanced, but damage mechanics will be changed (Multishot will not apply, but Torque will)

(Blade deals normal [uncharged] impact damage, but will then deal -55% continous blade damage)

(Increasing mod rank will increase the time a disc can be spun before being released)

Apparently, there is a thread recently stating multiple... uh, non-optimal changes made to the Miter, such as taking away its bounce. I believe this to most likely be a bug, and hopefully it has already, or will be changed in the near future.

You can see the topic here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/119662-congratulations-on-re-breaking-the-miter/

Speak your mind! Post suggestions! and stuff... :S

Edited by DarknightK

Other than the Eviscarators' Miter, our version launches vertically spinning blades. Which is rather weird, since they are horizontally oriented before.

I think that issue was solved in the past hotfixes, I'll double check to make sure. I played with my Miter today and didn't notice it tbh :p

EDIT: Apparently Rebecca stated that they fixed that issue for "firing on the wrong axis" in hotfix 10.3.1.2

Edited by DarknightK

exploding, seeking blades with chance for 3x multihit that bounce multiple times? sounds awesome but wont this totally outclass all bows?

Hopefully not by much, the Bows themselves pretty much have it made for themselvs, just slap on a Split Chamber and Thunderbolt and you got your superweapon :p (just without the multihit and bounce).

These mods would most likely be Rare (Torque + Shattered Steel), Uncommon (Seeking Disc), and Common (Elastic Edge). Torque would have the highest base mod rank, I'm thinking the same as Split Chamber, Shattered Steel would be at 6, and only have a few mod ranks. Seeking Disc should be around 4 or 5 and have about 4 or 5 levels. And Elastic Edge should have one less mod rank than Rebound.

Torque should work like Split Chamber, where you have a % chance to do multihit.

Same with Shattered Edge to Thunderbolt

What I want to see is for uncharged shots to deal more total DPS than charged ones, but for charged ones to retain their piercing attribute and high burst damage.

That way, uncharged shots would actually have a use other than quickly staggering something before finishing it off with a Charged shot.

The miter doesn't need any kind of changing besides being reverted back to what it was on it's original "Buff".

The miter was GOLDEN when DE allowed puncture mods to affect it and gave it puncture on a full charge along with bounce functionality. The weapon was totally balanced and ready to roll. In it's current "bugged" or stealth nerfed state it is garbage.

I agree it SHOULD use rifle ammo because ogris but that's a negotiable issue.

As for uncharged shots: With a puncture mod they have full puncture capability. Using the Miter with the shred mod was pretty amazing before they messed up bounce.

Edited by FrothingLoins

Yeah, I felt that the puncture add-on to the charged shots was pretty nice, but I never used them that often

Hence Shred. :S

The Miter just seems to be a little too normal, and even lacking in critical performance for charged shots.

It may just be me, but sometimes I find it exceptionally difficult (especially now) to hit enemies because I miss them by a centimeter as they move just before my sawblade connects, so forth the faster base flight speed.

But yeah, all-in-all, the original Miter was pretty good. Its in my inventory collecting dust until DE fixes it.