Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please split up the sound effects slider

Zyga21

it's frustrating that all sound effects are in the same category, I know it might be a little confusing if you just throw all the sliders at a new player, but can you add like an advanced sound sliders area? As is, the "sound effects" cover every sound in the game except for music, transmissions, and the sounds enemies make in mission (which should arguably be sound effects)

The sounds that I think should be split away from sound effects are:

Hint ringing - Caches/disruption target blips etc should be independent of your other sounds, it's pretty important to turn down your music or whatever when playing disruption or cache hunting and I feel like the game would be a lot better as a whole if we could just crank it up to max and enjoy everything else we want to hear instead of mixing it with every other sound in the game

Unnatural Ambiance - as much as I like the sound design of warframe, and I love the music, it's annoying that I can't turn off the background noise in my orbiter, I'd much rather it be space "wind" noises than the ringing and beeping and tire screeching noises it adds in. 

Natural Ambiance - I would love to keep this on max, including things like jumping noises, movement sounds, guns etc. If you've ever played the game with "sound effects" off it's basically playing the game mute, and that's not what im going for. These could be split up more, but I think it would be fair to stop it at these options, and if you want to expand more there should certainly be a slider for gun sounds, because they can be a bit loud.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Zyga21 said:

And another thing to add on; warframe sound effects, I love wisp's sounds but titania's walking sound is annoying, and that could easily be its own category with its own slider.

We need this.

I like Vauban but his sounds are too much. I still want to hear the game but not the constant white noise that drowns out everything else while playing Vauban. 

• Like 2