The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

heavy caliber and 100%

(PSN)achmed9955

i just wanna know why heavy caliber is so inconsistent with it's -55% accuracy on 100% accuracy weapons like the dera. this mod brings dera from 100 to 7.2 accuracy.... WHY?! it should be 45 because -55% so de how dose 100%-55%=7.2%? in what world dose this make scene? then lets take the ogeris another 100% weapon heavy caliber brings it down to 1.7%? it makes absolutly no sense on the 100% weapons other weapons seem to do alright but whats with the inconsistency?

13 hours ago, (PS4)achmed9955 said:

i just wanna know why heavy caliber is so inconsistent with it's -55% accuracy on 100% accuracy weapons like the dera. this mod brings dera from 100 to 7.2 accuracy.... WHY?! it should be 45 because -55% so de how dose 100%-55%=7.2%? in what world dose this make scene? then lets take the ogeris another 100% weapon heavy caliber brings it down to 1.7%? it makes absolutly no sense on the 100% weapons other weapons seem to do alright but whats with the inconsistency?

The accuracy stat is one of those things that is really hard to explain, but from what I understand the way it is calculated is not linear. From the wiki:

"Note that accuracy-reducing mods do not alter the accuracy linearly (e.g. putting Mod TT 20pxHeavy Caliber on a weapon with 100 accuracy will not reduce accuracy down to 45). Instead, the game takes in the mods' accuracy modifier and produces a value based on an unknown accuracy equation. For weapons with a base accuracy of 100, the accuracy penalties follow the curve of 100/((-(Accuracy Penalty)+5)/5)=(Modified Accuracy), but the equation for weapons with a base accuracy of less than 100 is unknown."

If I understand it correctly at 100 accuracy the shot will hit on the reticle every time, with less than 100 accuracy it will deviate slightly within a defined cone for each weapon.

I suggest you have a read of the full article, hopefully you can make sense of it: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Accuracy