Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A suggestion of the direction of Warframe to avoid toxic updates

kristophy

Listening to Rebecca talk with dk and brozime lead me to this

So basically, Warframe needs a bigger player base right? Then add gamplay. Why are games like dark souls one, still having insain player bases? Because combat is an art and a science. Make Warframe more mobile combat and less stand there one shoot this or press four to win. Also some of the grind is too confusing/ hard. fortuna's little duck is a nightmare. With Weapons don't add power creep. Balance vandands, primes, wraths, kuvas excetra, as power up versions of the original. balance them to be a sytle of upgrade, not a meta that you just mastery fodder away. Also make projectiles to be avoided. Make the enemies shoot things you can see in game. And avoid. Take a look at remeent from the ashes. The dodge mecnics litterly make the game. When I play Warframe and I am asleep. All I think about is obtain this or that. Not how can I make this cooler. Or it would be fun to try out this.  We're is the challenge of the perpose. I feel Warframe grows easyer with each update or that it's already so easy I don't see the point. But I still want to love this game. But it just doesn't make sense. It needs optimization so the levels don't get you stuck in one place. the deadlock proticall is amazing in the hit box design, I also really love how some of the enemy's can surprise me at times. But has Warframe ever made me put on my serious face? Not really. It has a broken slow you down or hold you back mechanic. That's not fun. A game should be fun. Not limited. Limitless. Like Doom eternal or remeent from the ashes. Those games require hours of developed skill to master. Warframe can be mastered in a day. And I would not even call it mastered. It's just a grasp of out of wack stressful movement mechanics. The movement should be like ninja gidden or metal gears raiden, not a primed version of hope Scotch?( Slide bullet jump roll roll max speed bullet jump extra. It's really weird. The original movement made sense 😂 but was garbage. I am glade with the mobility. But unhappy with the buttons to achieve it. My pinkys do get to have perpose beyond stabilization I guess 😝 but it sure is goffy. Also of final recommendation for my happiness is organize the forms so that people who have a consept for your style in your game can voice there thoughts. Without all the garbage.

Edited by kristophy
  • Like 1

Or maybe just do something even simpler.... put the focus back on PvE (yes I know the PvP players will moan but they're not the main playerbase) and the warframes rather than trying to add in even more game modes like railjack etc.  Railjack can't really be called a succss at the end of the day. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Or maybe just do something even simpler.... put the focus back on PvE (yes I know the PvP players will moan but they're not the main playerbase) and the warframes rather than trying to add in even more game modes like railjack etc.  Railjack can't really be called a succss at the end of the day. 

I'm confused. The focus was never on PvP. What are you talking about?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Essentially the PvP will complain because conclave is being neglected...

I only ever see people wanting DE to get rid of conclave. And yes it is being neglected. But people have this intense need for DE to remove stuff they don't personally like. It's really banal and weird.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I only ever see people wanting DE to get rid of conclave. And yes it is being neglected. But people have this intense need for DE to remove stuff they don't personally like. It's really banal and weird.

I've seen plenty of posts where conclave users are asking for more content even though it's unpopular (no one I know in game even bothers with it). 

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

I've seen plenty of posts where conclave users are asking for more content even though it's unpopular (no one I know in game even bothers with it). 

The only thing I ever see people ask for is exploits and bug to get fixed.

Also "no one I know" is not a good metric for the popularity of a game mode, though yes it isn't very popular. However, DE has a lot of game modes, and at various times they are or aren't popular. It's quite possible Conclave would be more popular if DE hadn't abandoned it like they do most things.

6 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

The only thing I ever see people ask for is exploits and bug to get fixed.

Also "no one I know" is not a good metric for the popularity of a game mode, though yes it isn't very popular. However, DE has a lot of game modes, and at various times they are or aren't popular. It's quite possible Conclave would be more popular if DE hadn't abandoned it like they do most things.

No idea why you're missiing the other posts about it but I'm not going to worry over it either way... personally I'd just remove it (I don't like conclave and this is coming from someone who enjoys pvp like quake and ut) as it's just extra bloat in the game for me personally. 

We've also had statistics shown in the past which back up the view that it's unpopular... think it was around 1% iirc, that's pretty similar to raids iirc which got removed...  I am curious as to how it compares with railjack mind you lol.

In all honesty I don't think it could improve in popularity without a major overhaul, and I'm not just talking new maps, it's got a lot of issues which put off players....  but thats a topic for another thread.

Edited by LSG501

Just now, LSG501 said:

No idea why you're missiing the other posts about it but I'm not going to worry over it either way... personally I'd just remove it (I don't like conclave and this is coming from someone who enjoys pvp like quake and ut) as it's just extra bloat in the game for me personally. 

This is exactly what I'm talking about. "I don't like it personally, so they should just delete it." So selfish. Let other people enjoy the game if they have something they like that you don't.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. "I don't like it personally, so they should just delete it." So selfish. Let other people enjoy the game if they have something they like that you don't.

Oh look... the bias is finally coming out... I haven't actually said anything about deleting it (actually you were the one to mention posts calling for it be deleted)....While I don't like it I haven't actually been asking for it to be removed, there's a difference in having a personal opinion, thats why I said it was a personal opinion, and actually trying to push it on others.....

As much as you'll try and say otherwise the fact is that for people who don't like conclave and have no interest in it, the code required for it is bloat and takes up space on a storage drive unnecessarily.  In an ideal world DE would give us a more modular design where we could chose not to install things like conclave, and the mini game clones if we have no interest in them, but that isn't going to happen... they couldn't even do that with the alternative rendering tech thats being added.  Think of it like this...if I install MS office for example I can choose not to install say access if I don't use databases to save space... same principle.

Edited by LSG501