Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven drop rates are making me quit the game

Odyseas94

First of all let me start by saying that riven challenges easy or difficult, are my favorite thing to do in warframe. There's nothing like a good challenge that makes me have to think and utilize specific frames / weapons to complete. This is relevant to the post because being limited to purchasing 1 riven a week and having to grind 15-20 relics for one is a big let down for me.

The only other way to get rivens is the sorties and honestly I'm sick and tired of people telling me I have bad RNG. If I had a plat every time I heard that sentence I would be able to buy so many rivens that my problem would be solved. Unfortunately while so many dev apologists will try to dismiss all claims as just bad RNG, even if they are right, I still don't think RNG should be allowed to screw over players over and over again. You would rather insist on letting RNG mess with people's head and make them wanna quit the game instead of removing it altogether?

I'm sure I'm not the first person to suggest a token system for rewards, and I really really don't want to accuse the devs of fixing the drop rates to make rivens actually drop way less frequently than they are supposed to. I genuinely dislike all sortie rewards except rivens and legendary cores, if it were up to me these would be the only rewards, but I am not a dictator and whatever floats your boat, if you prefer formas/kuva/endo/boosters or whatever a token system fixes all that for you. 

Sorties actually can take a fair bit of time to complete and the disappointment from not getting rivens is too great, for me at least. It also doesn't help that I went on a 3 week streak of getting 0 rivens, RNG I know, well RNG or not it's making me play the game less and less. My routine has come down to; log in, do sorties and if I get a riven I continue to play, if I don't, I alt+f4 the game and go play something else. I'm a person who would play 10-14 hours a day and this is what riven drops have done for me, I'm not lying 😞

8 minutes ago, Odyseas94 said:

Riven drop rates are making me quit the game

Not gonna lie, I thought that was the dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum. It had a lot of competition too.

Adressing your issue; Have you considered trading for veiled rivens? You can also transmute 4 unveiled rivens into a new one.

Just now, Traumtulpe said:

You can also transmute 4 unveiled rivens into a new one.

I would do so much of this if Riven Transmuters weren't only available from Hydrolysts.  My friends' lack of interest in fighting Hydrolysts combined with my own dislike for pugs make them somewhat difficult to get.

3 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Not gonna lie, I thought that was the dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum. It had a lot of competition too.

Adressing your issue; Have you considered trading for veiled rivens? You can also transmute 4 unveiled rivens into a new one.

In order to transmute them you must first get them. If you have a hard time getting them how can you transmute them? I have over 50 cores and I am simply not getting enough rivens to transmute. 

And people wanna point out that you can trade them from other players, well that's the issue ain't it? Because I have bad RNG I should enrich those who have good RNG with my hard earned plat? Because DE can't remove the RNG altogether so we can use tokens instead? Sounds like a poor solution to a problem that stems from the roots.

1 minute ago, Odyseas94 said:

In order to transmute them you must first get them.

You will get them eventually. If you are in a rush, buy veiled ones and sell them for a profit after unveiling.

If you only want to unveil rivens all day every day, without ever trading, your expectations will simply not match with reality.

I got over 50 and they all come from pugs. The thing is, even if you had an endless supply of cores, 4 rivens for 1 that could be anything including a pistol riven is such a bad and inefficient way to look at the issue. Either rivens should be aquired reliably from another source, not that 1 per week crap, or straight up implement a token system

Just now, Odyseas94 said:

4 rivens for 1 that could be anything including a pistol riven is such a bad and inefficient way to look at the issue.

Transmuting is actually not entirely random. You can transmute 4 melee rivens, for example, to guarantee the new one will be of the same kind.

But honestly, you are just making excuses. There are ways to achieve your goal, including having a little patience. You refuse all of them.

I'm curious now, as I've never tried it, if you transmute 4 rivens of the same type do you always get that type again?  I'm wondering because of the Companion weapon Rivens and Archgun Rivens that are available from Simaris's shop and Arbitration shop respectively.  The Companion rivens wont help much as even maxing Standing every day it'll still take 4-5 days to get a riven but the Arbitration ones might be easier to get a bit more regularly, then probably transmute for another thing to unveil.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Traumtulpe said:

You will get them eventually. If you are in a rush, buy veiled ones and sell them for a profit after unveiling.

If you only want to unveil rivens all day every day, without ever trading, your expectations will simply not match with reality.

I see nothing wrong with having a guaranteed drop once per day, I don't think it's asking too much. You're only proving my point when you say "you'll get them eventually", how many weeks is "eventually"? Do you think all people have that kind of patience to wait for weeks? Do you think people with no patience need to be flat out excluded from enjoying the game? I live life one day at a time, I don't think that should be prohibitive for enjoying the game in the way I want.

1 minute ago, Katinka said:

Arbitration ones might be easier to get a bit more regularly, then probably transmute for another thing to unveil.

Indeed.

1 minute ago, Odyseas94 said:

how many weeks is "eventually"? [...] Do you think people with no patience need to be flat out excluded from enjoying the game?

One week, guaranteed. Nothing short being gifted everything at once will satisfy you, if you have no patience.

5 minutes ago, Katinka said:

I'm curious now, as I've never tried it, if you transmute 4 rivens of the same type do you always get that type again?

For clarification, each riven used for transmutation gives you a 25% chance the result will be of the same kind. So you could use a companion riven despite not wanting another one, with a 75% success chance.

2 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Indeed.

One week, guaranteed. Nothing short being gifted everything at once will satisfy you, if you have no patience.

I have considered all the options, I am not satisfied with any of them. My belief is that the issue needs to be worked from the core of the reward system.

I didn't ask for "everything to be gifted" I asked for 1 guaranteed riven per day. No more, no less, if that's too much to ask I simply disagree, I think it's perfectly reasonable. I despise RNG, I don't want RNG to guide my life, I want it removed from sorties that's all

5 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

For clarification, each riven used for transmutation gives you a 25% chance the result will be of the same kind. So you could use a companion riven despite not wanting another one, with a 75% success chance.

You're looking for solutions to adapt to the current system. You have that pragmatic brain, I can respect that. I have the more idealistic brain where I wanna tackle the problem by reworking what's causing it so it no longer causes it.

11 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

You can buy a riven for 35 Vitus Essences, which are easily collected in a day. I eagerly await your excuse for why you don't like Arbitrations.

What's your excuse for not wanting a token system?

3 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Vitus Essences are your tokens.

Don't dodge my question, I meant specifically for sorties, first of all, virus only gives you an archgun riven, which is effectively useless and the time spent/reward ratio for farming rivens this way is incredibly bad.

But God forbid players actually got rewards they wanted in a video game

1 hour ago, Odyseas94 said:

First of all let me start by saying that riven challenges easy or difficult, are my favorite thing to do in warframe. There's nothing like a good challenge that makes me have to think and utilize specific frames / weapons to complete. This is relevant to the post because being limited to purchasing 1 riven a week and having to grind 15-20 relics for one is a big let down for me.

5 minutes ago, Odyseas94 said:

archgun riven, which is effectively useless

Of course the first part was a pretense. You just want free rivens for all your favorite weapons. Or you want to sell rivens for plat. I have nothing more to say.

21 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Of course the first part was a pretense. You just want free rivens for all your favorite weapons. Or you want to sell rivens for plat. I have nothing more to say.

You think I was gonna spend all my time for no outcome?

Still what's your issue with a token system?

Forgive me, but I have failed to understand what your issue is. While you have stated you want 1 riven on a daily basis. I don't understand why. So I've tried to compile a list of solutions that could be helpful for you. But keep in mind, these are things you will have to apply.

Issue #1 Less challenges: If you just want a good riven challenge every single day, you just need a riven every single day. The type of riven is irrelevant. So farm from simarus, arbritrations and sorties, every single day. Each day you get more than 1... you can take the next off. You get a challenge every day.

Issue #2 Less plat: unveiling rivens on a daily basis is not a sound strategy in making plat. A far better strategy is to purchase a riven cheap and roll it to viability. It may sound like a hassle to farm kuva all the time and it is.. but that's how it is. Recently, I've only been able to get rivens from paladino, once a week.. so when i finally sold my month old reaper prime riven.. decided to treat myself and bought a karak riven for 80 pl. Now, i was going to keep it just for myself, but literally.. on the 2nd roll, i got CC, CD, reload speed and neg dmg to corpus. Now I can probably sell this for more than 300pl. So you see, if you want to make plat, your going to have to spend plat.

Issue #3 less challenges and plat: Here you have 2 options: you can either purchase veiled rivens and sell them after veiling. Or, your going to have to start a third party fansite, that helps players unveil their rivens for a small fee. This way you get to keep doing what you like and you'll help players out as well.... I'd recommend you take the first option.