Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions for more efficient Archwing leveling ????

With Modular Archwings being a thing in the near future, I feel it might be time to look at improving the rate at which Archwings, Archmelee and to a lesser extent Archguns are leveled.

The main nodes for use are Montes, Venus (Archwing Exterminate) and Salacia, Neptune (Archwing Mobile Defence). Now my knowledge of what each node does exactly is not as deep as I would like. The Archwing Persuit on Pandora, Saturn and Archwing Rush on Kepler, Phobos are good ideas on paper but tedious in execution.

What I'm proposing is an Endless Archwing Survival/Defence somewhere, maybe repurposing a node or 2 to be like a Hydron for Archwing.

Thoughts/Opinions are always welcome.

Kind regards, Prag

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Pragmatic_2015 said:

What I'm proposing is an Endless Archwing

Caelus: Am I a joke to you?!

edit: I don't think Salacia is bad though. 2 solo runs max out an AW weapon which is roughly 10 to 15 minutes.

You can also go public RJ and go resource farming while "leeching" on Affinity...oh but only do this on mission types where there are only Fighters and Crewships!

edit 2: It's an Interception on Uranus

edit 3: If you have friends they can help you on Ophelia. We did it in our clan. 4 people running Ophelia, while 3 were under water leeching and the last guy killing enemies. 20 minutes and maxed out

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

I agree, they should level quicker, as they're so much less-used, so boosting their affinity gain to make them level at about the rate of other gear through the course of natural play would be nice. Though I would say that railjack missions solve this problem in part. They may not be the most efficient way to level archstuff if that's your sole goal, but if you're boarding crewships and shooting a few fighters in between, stuff levels at a decent clip, and I find it the least painless way to level archstuff, personally.

I don't think, however, that new archwing levels are the solution. And i'd hate to see more dev resources go into dedicated archwing levels until archwing itself feels better. I'd rather see a bit more variety in railjack and a bit more incentive to use archwings in it. That helps archwings and railjack in one glorious swoop.

• Like 1

To recap:-

I do admit that I missed Caelus, Uranus. I have tried to use that for AW affinity gain but it was very tedious in trying to go endless in a solo setting and spending more time in either Recruitment or Clan/Alliance than actually doing said this just isn't any fun at all

On the whole "AW RJ Mastery Leach" I do agree with that whole post. I do feel that something will need to be done about it. Hopefully sooner than later.