Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Livestreams Moved To Fridays, Stream #16 Coming Soon!

[DE]Rebecca

QUESTION: What will happen with Excalibur Prime? I think that there are a lot of Excalibur fans that are not in founders                        program, including me. Its, quite sad that other players can get prime version of their favorite frame and                            Excalibur players not. 

These are more just a few game-play questions;

1. Why does Loki's sentinel not go invisible like Ash's when Loki casts invisibility?

2. Will there ever be a 5th skill for the warframes to make the choices a bit harder and the builds a bit more versatile?

3. Why are sentinel kills not counted as the warframes kills in PvE? (Understandable that you are not the one doing the killing, but while it is nice to have a 'helper' we spend a lot of time upgrading their weapons, yet that, in effect, helps them 'steal' our kills rather than add to our total)

4. Is there any plan to nerf nova's ultimate ability? (While I admit it is a good ability and there are times in the game where you feel you could do with a nova, it can be quite irritating when someone is just pressing 4 the whole game and ends up with 400 kills while you actually go around shooting people adding to their total >.>) - Is it not possible to award the kills to the person who actually causes the explosion? (This, I believe, would stop novas from spam-pressing 4, and if they still did they would at least then have to kill something in order to be awarded the kills)

5. Is there any plan to address the use of abilities in PvP? (Again, I understand part of what makes a warframe different from others, is its abilities. However, taking the time to mod up your guns and being taken out by an Ash simply pressing 4 and teleporting to you, almost invisible and instantaneously, is quite disappointing).

6. Will there ever be any time-based rewards for players who have played for a really long time? (Rewards that actually affect game-play and can't be bought for platinum or farmed. Call them loyalty or duration rewards if you will. Ideas: Maybe a new weapon skin for 250 hours, a new weapon for 500 & 750 hours, and maybe something even as 'crazy' as an additional mod slot or an increase in stat-power for warframes after 1000 hours of game-play).

I'm sure there will be some hate towards some of the questions :D let it come - they're just questions.

Thanks DE, looking forward to the livestream.   

Edited by Proph3theuS

I'll refrain from covering the more serious/controversial issues of late as I imagine they are going to be addressed regardless.

1) Is there any plan to address the problems (and not by simply making mods as a 'patch') with artificial difficulty in the game? Namely the over-reliance on stagger/stun/knockdown, against which players have no control or defence once struck by such an attack, leading to stunlock being very common especially against Infested - as well as the perfect aim of the AI?

2) What is the plan and timeframe for rebalancing the Frames in need? I'm referring to Ember, Trinity, Volt, Nekros, and Nova here - Ember is grossly underwhelming, Trinity feels gimmicky, boring, and slow to play, Volt is well publicised as being poor, Nekros feels lacking in creative, useful abilities (Desecrate in particular, especially given the community's overall rejection of the ability throughout his development), and Nova's Molecular Prime is quite simply overpowered.

3) Is there any intent to revisit Survival mode? In its current iteration it is both somewhat tedious and overly relaint on luck - oxygen drops are never sufficient to survive for very long, leaving players fighting to reach each container drop in time, sturggling against the oxygen rather than the enemies. The move to linear maps was, in my opinion, a mistake, because they do not present the same level of enemy volume and the requisite space to fight them, and can severely obstruct players reaching the oxygen drops. The Survival we played during the weekend event was the most fun I'd had playing Warframe in a while, because it felt like we were fighting to survive against the onslaught of enemies, not the RNG - with the oxygen serving as an 'end state' and a way to prevent players hiding in a single safe spot for too long.

4) What are your thoughts regarding minor additional aesthetic choice for users - my particular examples here are idle animations (where I feel there are several 'lost' poses from the original iteration that some players might like restored as additional options) and weapon sounds (no one can agree which sound is the best for any given weapon, so offering all alternatives as options would be a potential solution).