Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN (Railjack Complaint and Suggestion)

JaunusEnder

Every time I finish a Railjack mission the insubordinates (the people who aren't the owner of the lobby or the railjack) decide they want to go back to their dojo before I can Refine or loot any of the 100+ ships we destroyed and were too focused on the mission for. Why are these guys able to give commands to MY Railjack? It makes farming anything in higher missions impossible unless you make a full team ahead of time, or solo it. 
Make it so only the "Captain"/Owner of the Railjack/Host of mission, can access the Nav console.
Let others leave missions without losing their loot after mission success without dragging me back to my dojo, so that way I don't lose ALL THE MATERIALS IN MY HOLD and any hope at picking up those MK III salvage out there.

This would let me finish gathering things without having to get teleported back into my Railjack and subsequently my dojo without making all the randoms in my lobby have to wait for me; which they aren't doing anyhow because they want to go back to their dojo.

Railjack has been out for a while but I haven't even been able to get and MK II items outside of my dojo because every mission I tried in Saturn Proxima was a one shot from people doing this. So I haven't touched it more twice since before the launch of Scarlet Spear.

I semi-support this, if only because we both know there's gonna be that one abusive captain who locks everyone on board because he had to put out one single fire.  But yeah, allowing for individual departure would be a nice remedy for this sorta thing.

So, I've got a bit of a unique opinion on this as I have been doing a lot of Railjack lately, mainly to farm Intrinsic points.

Out of the 100 or so runs of Gian Point that I have done, I have had 2 people force my RJ back to Dojo.

As soon as I start the mission and people join in, I make it clear I am Intrinsic farming and will not be picking 100% of drops up, unless someone specifically asks if I can. I also make it very clear what roles I need on the ship; person in Forge, person on Artillery and the other person can Archwing or go on the side turrets or just sit around and put out any fires, etc.

99% of the teams I've had have had no issues with this and most people have been fantastic and extremely efficient. 

If at the end of a mission, someone says "I need to go", then I will take my RJ back to the Dojo and allow them to leave.

You will obviously get some a-holes, but most of the time, a bit of communication in chat goes a long way. 

It might be worse because you are dealing with "newbies" on Saturn Proxima (which I skipped entirely), but I have had some fantastic MR8-10 people in the Veil, so it could just be that, again, some people are a-holes.

I shouldn't have to explain everything I plan to do with everyone on my ship, even when I do, they don't listen. And I can personally attest that MR doesn't mean much of anything, I'm MR 16 with enough experience to be MR 19 or 20, I'm just still 16 because I have access to the whole game and have other things to do on it without worrying about taking tests.

The last RJ mission I ran there were still 3 or 4 pieces of salvage and 2 crew ships running around at the end of it, but the mission was over so someone sent us back to the dojo so they could get off the ship.

Well I hope one day for the option, I know that people can leave squad between missions and keep the rewards for what they did; but if we're going back to the dojo, can we at least a mission vote for Railjack like bounties on Eidolon or Orb?

(Since leaving party after a mission when you're not host, functions similarly? I don't honestly know if Refinement collections count for these people if it happens after mission completion.)

Archived