Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current Team Revive System Is God Mode. Need Revive Limit

cacodemon9000

I'm really wondering why everyone ignores this.

I am asking about adding cap for revives from teammates.

Let me try to explain. Lets compare solo and team play. When you play alone nobody can help you, nobody will revive you when you downed. Simply because you just die, that is all. You have only a few extra lifes, when you used all of them dying is equal to mission failure and losing everything. Yes. Right. If you make even a single mistake you will lose EVERYTHING. So game cruelly punishes player for every mistake he maid. But when you play in team this probably will never happen. If enemis managed to take you down you teammate will kill the enemy and revive you. And you can be revived infinite amount of times. Without any penalties and punishment, Just don't run too far from your squad and all will be fine. Is it just me or there is really something wrong? This makes team almost indestructible. This is legal god mode (ok, team god mode). This is NOT minor game mechanics issue, this is huge problem and must be solved as soon as possible. It's breaks any challenge in the game and lowers any difficulty down to zero. Right now challenging gameplay (not solo) is simply impossible because of this.

So what? Players don't care about their warframes' lifes. Why they need to care? They can be revived infinite times without any penalties, your team is near invincible. There are no real punishment for being downed by enemies

How to fix this? I have simple idea. Each player will have his own amount of team revives (he can be revived only limited amount of times). Maybe 3, but not more than 5. Oh yes, here is some penalties. Each time when your teammate revive you, you will have only some % of your maximums health, lose some energy and discharged or reduced shield (it depends on how many revives left). So you will need to recharge you shields and find some orbs to restore energy and health. For example. After each revive you lose 50% of energy you had and you shield will be charged only by 50%. First time you will be revived with 75% of heath, second time - with 50%, third time only with 25%. Fourth time... you know what happens. Using resurrection will reset revive points count to max. Yes, this can make long matches very hard, and yes, we all are humans and all we do some mistakes sometimes. Here is a good solution. After every period of time (about 10 minutes) you will receive extra revive points (if you don't have max amount).

That's all. I know not many of you will like it, so you can begin to hate me if you want =)

I see you point, but I don't agree.

In solo play, if you go down because it was a mistake you can use one of your revives, no biggie. If the mission wasn't that important then you can just forfeit and do it again. Not a problem.

In team play, there are occasions when everyone gets downed and it's necessary for someone to use a revive to finish the mission if it's worth it. There are other times when your friends need to level a new frame, and they can't defend themselves as well. Them being constantly down is not a common thing and also not a problem. Apollodorus, a very popular survival mission on mercury has many newbies joining, because they want to finish the star map I suppose. Many people want to stay until 15+ minutes. Many newbies cannot handle that intensity and shouldn't be penalized. It's already rough for them. No one should be penalized really. You state revived members should lose a percentage of health or what have you, but what if there aren't any around? They are more likely of get downed.

The revive system does not provide a "god mode". There are also risks of reviving. The sanctuary skill does provide some help, but not much because it's fairly weak.

In higher levels of play it's entirely possible to get downed - it just takes one hit, really. The revive system is there to say "hey you're downed but someone can get you on your feet again, friend". It shouldn't be punishing.

To be straight up honest with you, you need to try playing harder missions when you join a squad. On missions which are difficult for the whole team, one player going down can spell the end for everyone, the system isn't broken at all, it means that higher ranked players can give aid to lower ranked players but only to the point that their skills and gear is actually useful.

"Your Name Here is down!" should be penalty enough.

If you've ever made it to the 30 minute mark of any Survival, even Mercury's, you should know that the revive system isn't a God Mode by any means; you have to put yourself at risk to revive them (at times). 

I would be open to seeing maybe an increase to the time it takes to revive a teammate (prolonging the risk) or maybe some sort of penalty (to shields or damage taken) to the person doing the revive only during the process. Increase the danger of stopping to help your teammate, who foolishly (or haphazardly, at least) got himself downed. Puts more weight on individuals to stay alive in order to prevent creating a haphazard situation for their teammates. 

But, it's fine how it is, I think. 

While I respect the OP's opinion, I also respectfully disagree.

I'm normally the cautious player who revives everyone else multiple times in harder missions. But sometimes you gotta test you limits. And these sometimes usually occur when I'm drunk.

The OP's suggestions would ruin my drunken fun.

I see you point, but I don't agree.

In solo play, if you go down because it was a mistake you can use one of your revives, no biggie. If the mission wasn't that important then you can just forfeit and do it again. Not a problem.

In team play, there are occasions when everyone gets downed and it's necessary for someone to use a revive to finish the mission if it's worth it. There are other times when your friends need to level a new frame, and they can't defend themselves as well. Them being constantly down is not a common thing and also not a problem. Apollodorus, a very popular survival mission on mercury has many newbies joining, because they want to finish the star map I suppose. Many people want to stay until 15+ minutes. Many newbies cannot handle that intensity and shouldn't be penalized. It's already rough for them. No one should be penalized really. You state revived members should lose a percentage of health or what have you, but what if there aren't any around? They are more likely of get downed.

The revive system does not provide a "god mode". There are also risks of reviving. The sanctuary skill does provide some help, but not much because it's fairly weak.

In higher levels of play it's entirely possible to get downed - it just takes one hit, really. The revive system is there to say "hey you're downed but someone can get you on your feet again, friend". It shouldn't be punishing.

I don't agree with you. If you see something too hard for you maybe you better need to try something easier fisrt? Get some skill, experience, better equipment, then try again. If you new to this you need undertand that you can't get everything right here and now. So you going to Apollodorus because you want to complete star map on mercury. You know that you only started to play and you don't have enough skill or/ang proper equipment. Best solution is to leave after 5 minutes and do not try to stay 15+ minutes. Nobody forces you to stay too long. Am I wrong? When I leveling or relevening my warframe I'm trying to get first levels on low level planets first, then i i'm putting most important mods and trying to play at higher levels then. If you die too often maybe you do something wrog or you too weak for this. Isn't it? If playes does same mistakes again and again, he need to be punished. Ok, you made some mistake once, ok, nobody is perfect. But when you repeat same mistake hundreds of times every minute... you need to be punished. You will try to understang what are doing wrong and try to avoid it next.

Current team revive system forgives you too much when you playing not alone. It makes games thousands times easier. Many players complain there are no challenge in the game. This can really make game more challenging. Players must understand that there are always some consequenses for their action. Taking damage => losing health. Taking too much damage => beeing downed. Repeating this too often => death. Dying multiple times => fail. But you really feel it when you play alone, but when you play with team you need just to wait for revive from your teammate.

I don't agree with you. If you see something too hard for you maybe you better need to try something easier fisrt? Get some skill, experience, better equipment, then try again. If you new to this you need undertand that you can't get everything right here and now. So you going to Apollodorus because you want to complete star map on mercury. You know that you only started to play and you don't have enough skill or/ang proper equipment. Best solution is to leave after 5 minutes and do not try to stay 15+ minutes. Nobody forces you to stay too long. Am I wrong? When I leveling or relevening my warframe I'm trying to get first levels on low level planets first, then i i'm putting most important mods and trying to play at higher levels then. If you die too often maybe you do something wrog or you too weak for this. Isn't it? If playes does same mistakes again and again, he need to be punished. Ok, you made some mistake once, ok, nobody is perfect. But when you repeat same mistake hundreds of times every minute... you need to be punished. You will try to understang what are doing wrong and try to avoid it next.

Current team revive system forgives you too much when you playing not alone. It makes games thousands times easier. Many players complain there are no challenge in the game. This can really make game more challenging. Players must understand that there are always some consequenses for their action. Taking damage => losing health. Taking too much damage => beeing downed. Repeating this too often => death. Dying multiple times => fail. But you really feel it when you play alone, but when you play with team you need just to wait for revive from your teammate.

Safety in groups, eh? I myself learned to fear defeat just from experiencing shame. You are an cog in an machine, which is your team. Your cell. One cog fails and the whole machine is in danger. So the others try to rescue you. In low level missions, this is forgiving, but you arent staying in low level missions for long. Reviving at Defense Grineer lv. +70? You are going to have problems. At that point, I myself accepted that if I die, then its for the better of the team. Its an punishment enough.

Making the game harder will only scare people away. I myself sometimes see the game as too easy, but then I head for the higher level missions. That is where you will start to think about your own mortality. Revives are rare and blissfull when they succeed. Making reviving punishing will mostly result in rage quits and alienate players :/

We have to farm credits, resources and mods. We fail many missions because we no longer allowed to revive each other many times. Would you like that? You would be stuck with low tier weapons and the game got more grindier.

Edited by Makemap

If you've ever gone to revive someone shortly after they die, (because of the time limit they have until bleed out) you may find it annoying to be killed by the massive amount of enemies that your friend did. You run toward them, turn a corner, then you take a grineer napalm and his dozen buddies right to the face.

It's cooperative gameplay.

Being able to revive people countless times might be an issue, but there is still always the chance you won't make it in time. It adds to the team gameplay of this game that I enjoy.

There's a chance the guy resurrecting also gets killed by the same things the first one died.

Playing in a group should have some advantages, and being able to res someone is great in this aspect.

I'll have to say no for the suggestion. I'm all in for more challenge but limiting resurrects isn't the way to do so.

I don't understand why there should be a resurrection cap? Look at Borderlands. A 4-player coop game where you can not only get resurrected by your team mates but also can do so yourself by killing a random trash mob. Nobody complains about that. No one calls that god mode. Why do we need resurrection cap here?

How abt, each revive after X number reduces your credit reward by 25% percent.

X gets lower as your mastery rank gets higher.

That way,

1) noobs arent penalized

2) dying is something to be avoided

3) but its really not that horrible

If I would be a noob, then Id always leave the mission when that revive number exceeds the limitation. I know how important credits are for the beginners, so this still could be pretty harsh to some players.

I absolutely agree with you OP. What's this? Pick ghost as your sentinels and jerk the revive button as long as you want. And when someone grants you unlimited number of lifes, it's not much of a challenge.

At least we need diminishing revive time and, probably, small chance to revive yourself in solo, just like in borderlands.