Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You need to sort out your continue timer on missions.

Take my last game in Helene on Saturn. We'd just finished the 15th mission and the screen came up to continue. One of the player at the very start decided to leave while the other two, including myself chose to play on. Then on the last second, the other two decided to leave leaving me stuck, on my own, on a low level warframe, with no chance of surviving. I, of course, lost all loot obtained.

This needs to be addressed. The best way to deal with this is, instead of giving a cut off time at 5 seconds on the timer left (because people will just leave at 6, no different to one) as soon as someone decides to leave, it adds 5 seconds to the timer. So if someone leaves with 1 second to go, then the counter is bumped up to 6 seconds left, giving people the option to stay or leave.

There are some really nasty people who play this game, thinking that it's really fun to leave a low level warframe in a no win situation by quitting at the last second. Really, really, really not good people. 

I like that suggestion. I'll add one thing though, to avoid trolling: If someone changes at the last second that same someone is locked in that option. This to avoid people trying to time those switches in order to keep adding several seconds to the countdown. If it can be abused, remember, stupid, dirty, toxic, stainy people will absolutely abuse it.

Currently to fight this nuisance I just watch carefully the timer and the players while having my button already on the hotkey to leave if needed. Even if they leave at the last second I'll go with them. Can't say the same of the other poor less attentive souls in the squad.

Actually, come to think of it, the best way to stop people abusing this, clear attempt to destroy someone's chances of finishing with rewards, is to ask the only one going through if they want to continue. So the game will pause, a message will come up asking if they want to continue, yes or no. That's the best way of sorting this out. 

Oh and the minute players do that I instantly put them on ignore and avoid all future gaming with them, regardless.

1 hour ago, Marcuspolomintus said:

Oh and the minute players do that I instantly put them on ignore and avoid all future gaming with them, regardless.

Just a heads up on a common misconception ppl seem to have about the ignore feature. Ignoring someone only prevents you from seeing anything that person writes in any chat tab. It has no effect on matchmaking whatsoever. I've been a victim of this misconception, after ignoring a fair bit of ppl I started seeing ppl I've ignored previously show up in my missions. So I just unignored everyone and started playing solo.

6 hours ago, Marcuspolomintus said:

This needs to be addressed. The best way to deal with this is, instead of giving a cut off time at 5 seconds on the timer left (because people will just leave at 6, no different to one) as soon as someone decides to leave, it adds 5 seconds to the timer. So if someone leaves with 1 second to go, then the counter is bumped up to 6 seconds left, giving people the option to stay or leave.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I like that suggestion. I'll add one thing though, to avoid trolling: If someone changes at the last second that same someone is locked in that option. This to avoid people trying to time those switches in order to keep adding several seconds to the countdown. If it can be abused, remember, stupid, dirty, toxic, stainy people will absolutely abuse it.

Put these together, it's a good suggestion.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I forgot to reply to this but I agree. I'd take it further - your choice is final, regardless of the what the timer is at.

7 hours ago, EDM774 said:

Just a heads up on a common misconception ppl seem to have about the ignore feature. Ignoring someone only prevents you from seeing anything that person writes in any chat tab. It has no effect on matchmaking whatsoever. I've been a victim of this misconception, after ignoring a fair bit of ppl I started seeing ppl I've ignored previously show up in my missions. So I just unignored everyone and started playing solo.

I have an excel file of all people I ignore. The minute I see them in a game lobby or in a game I've just joined I leave. I've been playing games for far longer than most people who play WF have been on this earth and I am pro freedom of choice. I disagree in banning people 100%, regardless. All I do to people who are not nice is ignore them. Yes, ignore won't stop matchmaking with them, but you don't have to read any of their rubbish. Best way to deal with these kinds of people is to simply ignore them.

Archived