Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ballistica's Main/alt Fire Mode Discrepancy

Shion963

...No?

The point of the charge shot is to preserve ammo. It does the same damage as all 4 bolts from the burst combined.

I use the burst fire when I'm up against multiple enemies, it allows me to deploy quick and precise bolts towards multiple enemies at once.

I use the charge shot when I'm up against either distant or few enemies, as I can dispatch each one without spraying into a crowd.

You're missing the point of the different modes.

now if the burst only consumed 1 shot then this could work... but I have the distinct feeling it doesn't, so this would not work at all

The reason it doesn't is to make sure that the charge shot is actually worth it in ammo. If you actually take the time to line a shot up, then you use very little ammo. If you just shoot wildly, then you use more ammo. This was a good idea on the Devs part, NOT a problem with the gun. If you think it should be changed, then you should go back to the cave you were born in.

The reason it doesn't is to make sure that the charge shot is actually worth it in ammo. If you actually take the time to line a shot up, then you use very little ammo. If you just shoot wildly, then you use more ammo. This was a good idea on the Devs part, NOT a problem with the gun. If you think it should be changed, then you should go back to the cave you were born in.

The first reply showed that there is indeed good reason that it is as it currently is: more skillful shooting is rewarded with higher crit and damage output with less ammo consumption, as opposed to tap-fire for controlled spray for CC.

Personally I thought it seemed odd that charged deals more damage, is more accurate, has higher crit at less ammo expense. "Why bother with volleys at all if charged can do four times better with so much less?". I thought that the two should be equal (in overall damage output per burst/shot), and that one should not eclipse the other and become like the charge/normal melee attacks are. That's it. I never meant it as a "this MUST be changed or else!", and I apologise if it seemed as such.

The last bit was rude and uncalled for. If anyone who has a differing view were born in caves, we'd all be cavemen.

The first reply showed that there is indeed good reason that it is as it currently is: more skillful shooting is rewarded with higher crit and damage output with less ammo consumption, as opposed to tap-fire for controlled spray for CC.

Personally I thought it seemed odd that charged deals more damage, is more accurate, has higher crit at less ammo expense. "Why bother with volleys at all if charged can do four times better with so much less?". I thought that the two should be equal (in overall damage output per burst/shot), and that one should not eclipse the other and become like the charge/normal melee attacks are. That's it. I never meant it as a "this MUST be changed or else!", and I apologise if it seemed as such.

The last bit was rude and uncalled for. If anyone who has a differing view were born in caves, we'd all be cavemen.

As far as the cave bit, that is to say that anyone who thinks its broken is to stupid to insult.

We all know how clumsy bows/crossbows can be when things get short ranged. They just take way to long to charge. The Ballistica allows us to defend ourselves at short range with its uncharged fire mode, but it is meant to kill with the charged attack.

Its ok OP. youre not a caveman. I still love you.

As far as the cave bit, that is to say that anyone who thinks its broken is to stupid to insult.

We all know how clumsy bows/crossbows can be when things get short ranged. They just take way to long to charge. The Ballistica allows us to defend ourselves at short range with its uncharged fire mode, but it is meant to kill with the charged attack.

Its ok OP. youre not a caveman. I still love you.

Let me introduce you to this ever-so-useful and often appropriate life life skill. Yours could use some work.

And to the OP, the charged shot should definitely do more damage than the normal shots. It makes up for greater damage dealt for the amount of time it takes to fire. You've got the delay of charging it and the delay of aiming it. You can even explain it lore-wise by the charged shot having a greater draw on the weapon strings than the rapid fire function. It's fine the way it is.

Let me introduce you to this ever-so-useful and often appropriate life life skill. Yours could use some work.

damn-o.gif

Just leveled the Ballistica up enough to put speed mods on it. It now shoots faster than the latron. Speed wont be an issue for charged shots.

This thing is gonna be better than Lex...

Edited by Liverslices

Just leveled the Ballistica up enough to put speed mods on it. It now shoots faster than the latron. Speed wont be an issue for charged shots.

This thing is gonna be better than Lex...

I had forgotten that Gunslinger got to... what, 48% at max rank? You're still right about there not being a need to adjust the burst fire/ charged fire modes. At least, they're not in need of much adjustment. Always gotta leave a bit of room for flexibility.