Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concept for a "life skills" system

(PSN)DeltronX292

So as Warframe grows, veterans find themselves with less and less things to do and an abundance of out-of-loop content islands that get dropped as soon as we get what we want. so instead of just leaving these lore rich areas to die, i suggest we add 2 new ideas to both the plains and the vallis. Housing and life skills, as a player reaches max rank they are given access to credit/resource dumps in the form of housing within the cities. Cetus offering one of the many homes seen in the town and and Fortuna, an appartment high above the workers. in both you are actively supporting the workers/people of these lands and the player gets another customizable area to throw all their decorations into. as for the life skills aspect, at say rank 3 with either solaris or the ostrons, the player will be given the opportunity to take apprenticeship from one the vendors. in undergoing an apprentaceship, the player will rank up a syndicate-esque life skill related to the aforementioned vender. say you go to Hai-Luk and decide to take her as a mentor, you will be given the fishing life skill which gives you and your squadmates extra perks while fishing. each teir giving a better perk. something i personally think would be intersting is a scripe/decoder life skill which gives the player an in game source of learning the languages of the Warframe universe. say both Little duck and Onkko would give this life skill,you learn the languages by decoding messages between grineer and corpus with little duck, eventually being taught orokin and ostron by onkko. upon maxing out the trait, you'll be awardede with posters all the language's alphabets. i feel these would help give a nuanced way to learn the lore and culture of the game and give vets something to do when they're burnt out.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)DeltronX292 said:

i feel these would help give a nuanced way to learn the lore and culture of the game and give vets something to do when they're burnt out.

It seems like your idea is to have an end-point on them. This would give very little to do in the long run. Consider how quickly it could be unlocked, many people would be finished long before they were “bored vets”. And these “life skills” would add very little. We don’t need to fish or mine, there are significantly more efficient methods to get the parts. You haven’t really said why we care about the language bit - what does it actually add?

I don’t think this is worth the effort for DE. I don’t think it would add much, and it is unlikely to achieve the goal of giving vets something to do.

• I wouldn’t mind having houses to decorate somewhere though.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

It seems like your idea is to have an end-point on them. This would give very little to do in the long run. Consider how quickly it could be unlocked, many people would be finished long before they were “bored vets”. And these “life skills” would add very little. We don’t need to fish or mine, there are significantly more efficient methods to get the parts. You haven’t really said why we care about the language bit - what does it actually add?

I don’t think this is worth the effort for DE. I don’t think it would add much, and it is unlikely to achieve the goal of giving vets something to do.

i perosanally think it'd add something fun to the game but i do see your point, though it definitly would be a great source of lore 

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

if you dont care, dont participate tbh, i just think for those who are interested in learning more about the vendors, the language and just want more lore for the game it'd be nice to have.

5 minutes ago, FrostedMike said:

I agree with @krc473, it does't solve the issue at hand. It sounds fun and will deepen the lore, but it doesn't add more then that.

As a regualr update, I'm up for it. As a solution for content droughts, not enough.

totally agreeable though my intention in this isnt to be a sit in for content drought, more so a thing to sink sometime into, i probably should word the concept better in that regard

26 minutes ago, (PS4)DeltronX292 said:

if you dont care, dont participate tbh, i just think for those who are interested in learning more about the vendors, the language and just want more lore for the game it'd be nice to have.

That’s a really bad way to put it. You have disregarded how much time and effort this will take DE. They would have to write all the lore, setup the “life skills”, balance the buffs and much more. If people are going to not participate it really isn’t worth DE’s time. They have other stuff that is far more important, stuff that people care about and will play. Stuff that will make DE money.

• Your suggestion won’t make money (excluding houses). It will be time consuming for DE. And you are happy taking the “if you don’t care don’t play” approach.
  • You need to reconsider your suggestion. Redo it so people will care.
20 minutes ago, (PS4)DeltronX292 said:

totally agreeable though my intention in this isnt to be a sit in for content drought, more so a thing to sink sometime into, i probably should word the concept better in that regard

But DE could be working on releasing content to solve the content drought instead of working on this. You haven’t made a case for why DE should care, each of your replies suggests they shouldn’t.

A. fair enough, dont like dont play isnt a great response 

B. People care about what they care about, my idea isnt a selling point its just a concept that i thought would be a nice way to world build and expand lore being as cinematic quests only come out once a year and tactical alerts just dont come out as often as they use to. adding these life skill would be a good chance to to learn more about the vendors and their culture as well as get perks that pretain to the opens worlds. i thoroughly enjoy the open worlds and would hope to see them get more love. if you're gonna throw out a seperate grind, might aswell keep it updated in some way

C. this can come as a smaller part of a mainline after all the big crazy projects run their course. i definitly dont see this idea being some big entry needing its own dedicated update especially with my intended purpose of the concept

and honestly, solving content drought isnt the only way for an idea to be viable, although it's important, realistically we'll find our selves back with nothing to do because the projects take along time to dish out and the overwhelming efficiency the players have at taking down new content undermines the idea of lasting content that would theoretically solve content drough

43 minutes ago, krc473 said:

That’s a really bad way to put it. You have disregarded how much time and effort this will take DE. They would have to write all the lore, setup the “life skills”, balance the buffs and much more. If people are going to not participate it really isn’t worth DE’s time. They have other stuff that is far more important, stuff that people care about and will play. Stuff that will make DE money.

• Your suggestion won’t make money (excluding houses). It will be time consuming for DE. And you are happy taking the “if you don’t care don’t play” approach.
  • You need to reconsider your suggestion. Redo it so people will care.

But DE could be working on releasing content to solve the content drought instead of working on this. You haven’t made a case for why DE should care, each of your replies suggests they shouldn’t.

as far as incentive for taking up an apprentancship/ life skill, at certain ranks you'll be given specialized trophies and furniture as rewards along with more items to buy with standing from them, thus linking the houseing and life skill system (of course other generic furniture would be grindable or purchased with plat). ontop of that, implimenting like skill perks with other in game activites such as mining and fishing life skills slightly increasing the chances of rare drops and the consistancy at which loot is dropped, decoder/scribe skills help out with haking panels, and say a conservationist life skill that helps with companians (i.e increasing the pontency of their passive and small increases in stats)

Archived