Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis Or Ogris?

Asbeel

Both are great weapons. Before, my recommendation would have been the Ogris. However, like it was mentioned by the others, the Ignis was recently buffed so it is amazing now.

It depends on your playstyle in the end whether you prefer a rocket launcher or a flamethrower. Both are good. You can't go wrong with either. 

Just be aware that with the Ogris, you can kill yourself as the weapon damages the player as well. 

haha fast response that I was going to sleep XD.

Thanks so ignis does not help against infested 80 -100?

Ignis decimates all infested (except Ancients of course). Especially once modded out. However, as with the Flux, Spectra, and Synapse, an ammo mutator mod is highly recommended to fuel the flame. I can also recommend pairing it with any ability that can keep the infested grouped together (so not a Stretched out Bastille). Tighter groups means you can wipe them out more efficiently since the Ignis now hits everything within it's cone, even if there are enemies behind others.

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

Ignis:

Serrration 10 - +165% dmg (14 V) - forma it (7 V)

Caliber 10 - +165% dmg and more cone damage (16 V) - forma it (8 V)

Shred 5 - penetrating enemies with the fire aka killing more in a row (11 V) - forma it (6 V)

Firestorm 3 - increasing flame range and cone radius +24% aka killing even more in a row (9 V)

Piercing hit 5 - a bit armor piercing to fight against the Ancients (9 _)

Split chamber 5 - and even more damage! (15 V) - forma it (8 V)

Wildfire - +20% ammo per clip and +60% fire damage (or +120% damage against infested) (9 V) - forma it (5 V)

Ammo mutator - to let you continue fighting! (7 _)

5xForma'd = 59 EC

Damage: (1287 base + 777 AP + 777 additional fire damage) per sec. Both base and additional fire damage has x2 mult against infested (4516 raw dps against light infested). Crit factor included. in a 25 m radius.

You could replace shred with point strike and replace fire storm with vital sence to make ignis crit viable (12.5% to hit x4.4) and got

Damage: (1746 base + 1054 AP + 1054 additional fire damage) per sec. But in a bit less radius (20 m) and without boosted penetration factor (although ignis has got initial value on penetration). You'll got 6127 raw dps against light infested.

You could also replace ammo mutator with elemental mod, but I wouldn't suggest you to do so.

You could do the same calculations on ogris. However, ogris is not offensive weapon, that's why I'm more prefer on Ignis.

Edited by MECT0HET

Ignis has innate puncture you don't need shred imo.

What I would do.

Serration V (7)

Split Chamber V (8)

Heavy Caliber V (8)

Hellfire - (6)

Wild Fire V (5)

Bane of Infested (9) 

AP (9)

Ammo mutation  (7)

Total = 59/60. 

You can also use a rank 4 cyro rounds if you are not long hauling the game and therefore don't need that much ammo.

Or a rank 2 Wild Fire and Max ranked cyro. 

Edited by fatpig84

Ignis:

Shred 5 - penetrating enemies with the fire aka killing more in a row (11 V) - forma it (6 V)

Firestorm 3 - increasing flame range and cone radius +24% aka killing even more in a row (9 V)

Charged chamber 5 - and even more damage! (15 V) - forma it (8 V)

Wildfire - +20% ammo per clip and +60% fire damage (or +120% damage against infested) (9 V) - forma it (5 V)

5xForma'd = 59 EC

Damage: (1287 base + 777 AP + 777 additional fire damage) per sec. Both base and additional fire damage has x2 mult against infested (4516 raw dps against light infested). Crit factor included. in a 25 m radius.

You could replace shred with point strike and replace fire storm with vital sence to make ignis crit viable (12.5% to hit x4.4) and got 

Damage: (1746 base + 1054 AP + 1054 additional fire damage) per sec.  But in a bit less radius (20 m) and without boosted penetration factor (although ignis has got initial value on penetration). You'll got 6127 raw dps against light infested.

You could also replace ammo mutator with elemental mod, but I wouldn't suggest you to do so.

You could do the same calculations on ogris. However, ogris is not offensive weapon, that's why I'm more prefer on Ignis.

Shred does nothing. Ignis already has unlimited innate pierce, and continuous weapons aren't affected by attack speed.

Charged Chamber is for Snipers only. And even if it could be placed on Ignis in the first place, it would only affect the first out of 100 damage ticks.

OT: Ogris is pretty darn good if you can OHKO stuff with it and aim well/group monsters close together. Ignis is built mainly for 100% crowd control. It doesn't have quite the damage or ammo efficiency (or eerie silence) of the Ogris, but with its range and width, combined with its ease of use and speed in placing elemental effects on large groups of foes, Ignis is by far the best crowd-controller in the game, especially when combined with a Rank 0+ Cryo Rounds. It generally beats out Ogris on Infested, and can reduce loads of incoming damage from Grineer and Corpus (i.e. insta-freezing groups them so their attacks slow down, causing some to panic and refuse to attack [especially effective when Frozen], and even blowing up Grineer Bombard rockets that are headed your way) while robbing them of their lives.

Ogris is much better at the robbing-them-of-their-lives part, especially when mobs are grouped together or you have an explosive range mod, but using the Ogris is quite risky, due to damage from all sides in between shots and the fact that you may blow yourself up if you shoot it too close to yourself (which you'll be especially wary of if you try and use Heavy Caliber on it).

So, what do you desire-- slightly risky raw power, or utility and ease of use?

Edited by SortaRandom

Ignis:

Charged chamber 5 - and even more damage! (15 V) - forma it (8 V)

5xForma'd = 59 EC

Damage: (1287 base + 777 AP + 777 additional fire damage) per sec. Both base and additional fire damage has x2 mult against infested (4516 raw dps against light infested). Crit factor included. in a 25 m radius.

Damage: (1746 base + 1054 AP + 1054 additional fire damage) per sec.  But in a bit less radius (20 m) and without boosted penetration factor (although ignis has got initial value on penetration). You'll got 6127 raw dps against light infested.

#startedformaingingnis

Ignis has innate puncture you don't need shred imo.

What I would do.

Serration V (7)

Split Chamber V (8)

Heavy Caliber V (8)

Hellfire - (6)

Wild Fire V (5)

Bane of Infested (9) 

AP (9)

Ammo mutation  (7)

Total = 59/60. 

You can also use a rank 4 cyro rounds if you are not long hauling the game and therefore don't need that much ammo.

Or a rank 2 Wild Fire and Max ranked cyro. 

FYI wildfire and hellfire don't boost base dmg on ignis, they just add elem fire dmg. it's a popular misconception. Cryo rounds is a much better choice than wildfire.

If you're going to use serration + heavy cal + multishot, you need some more skittles in there to take advantage of all of that base dmg being thrown around IMO.

Both weapons are so different, it's hard to compare. The Ignis is basically a lawnmower when used on Infested. Still pretty good on other stuff but really shines against those oh-so-combustible critters. It's also more of an in-your-face DPS weapon, and eats through ammo like crazy. The Ogris, on the other hand, decimates everything with very few shots and has amazing ammo efficiency, but is slow and makes it quite easy to nuke yourself out of existence. Because of this you'll want to use the Ogris from a safe distance, so make sure you're either unseen or able to get to spots unreachable by enemies... or have a damage absorption skill (see: Link and/or Blessing) and go wild. The best results tend to come when you bring a friend, though: the Ogris is absolutely phenomenal when the user plays the role of artillery, able to safely hurl instagib rockets at enemy clusters and laugh maniacally. Hell, if the guy in the front brings the Ignis, nothing will survive.

Basically, do you want to be the guy wading into groups of enemies and just mowing through them like grass, or do you want to be the guy that hangs back a little, vomiting mini-nukes at anything that so much as thinks about hitting your teammates?

I'm a little pyromaniac in the heart so the Ignis will be my recommendation. The Ogris is fun, but its more defensive than offensive and you will probably only use it during MDef or Def missions. If you want to use it on offense, you are pretty much only limited to using Rhino due to the potential explosive radius.

Ignis is not only good for the Infested. I do bring them to Void missions as the fire cone is very good in getting rid of those pesky flying little thingy which provides shield. But like all non-AP weapons, you will start to feel the drag against high level armoured enemies even with a fully ranked piercing hit.

Still trying to hunt for the Firestorm mod.....