Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have the elemental buff rules been changed? The wiki no longer mentions hitscan vs ballistic interactions with Volt's Shield and Shock-Trooper(ect) now says it will always combine/bleed-in.

TheArcSet

Question

Have the elemental buff rules been changed?

The wiki no longer mentions hitscan vs ballistic interactions with Volt's Shield and Shock-Trooper(ect) now says it will always combine/bleed-in.

Is this a change to the mechanics, or has the wiki page just been edited.

To clarify, confusing as it was:

It used to be that all elemental buffs (except Saryn's 3) combined/bled-into existing elements/combos on ballistic weapons, but always stayed separate on hitscan weapons.

ie, why the Lanka was sometimes used with Volt, as it could buff rad damage by an additive +300%, but you couldn't do that with the Rubico.

3 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

You could have tested this in the simulacrum in the time you typed that thread title.

I am proccing radiation with both hitscan and projectile weapons when modded for viral + heat and using shock trooper to buff my electricity damage. That electricity damage combines with the ''free'' heat mod and forms radiation. I'm not proccing shock at all.

Using Lanka with only a heat mod equipped gives me radiation with and without shock trooper. I am not proccing shock at all.

With Rubico modded only for heat and using shock trooper, I am only proccing radiation, no electricity.

It combines into elemental damage no matter how the gun fires.

EDIT: Electric shield gives me electricity procs with both heat modded Lanka and heat modded Rubico. That doesn't seem to combine with lemental mods at all. Even with both buffs from shield and shock trooper the shield damage buff doesnt seem to combine into other elementals.

29 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

I am proccing radiation with both hitscan and projectile weapons when modded for viral + heat and using shock trooper to buff my electricity damage. That electricity damage combines with the ''free'' heat mod and forms radiation. I'm not proccing shock at all.

Using Lanka with only a heat mod equipped gives me radiation with and without shock trooper. I am not proccing shock at all.

With Rubico modded only for heat and using shock trooper, I am only proccing radiation, no electricity.

It combines into elemental damage no matter how the gun fires.

EDIT: Electric shield gives me electricity procs with both heat modded Lanka and heat modded Rubico. That doesn't seem to combine with lemental mods at all. Even with both buffs from shield and shock trooper the shield damage buff doesnt seem to combine into other elementals.

Thanks.
I guess they completely changed it all at some point and I must have missed the release notes.

Sometimes it's annoying that the wiki doesn't have the same update notes for abilities that it has for other things.

Oh well, another layer of things to rework before hunting again.

Archived