Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tsar, the nuclear frame v2.0

Gashabae

Tsar - named after the largest atomic bomb ever detonated (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba)

Updating my first concept to be more relevant because all the changes we've received since July of 2019.

---

Development Notes

• If the Stability meter is depleted to 0 none of Tsar's abilities can be used with an exception to Vent which will replenish all of the Stability regardless of how much has been used.
  • If the Stability meter is at 100 Vent cannot be used- Stability must be ≤99.
  • Stats under Misc are unmodifiable.

---

Base Statistics 

Health - 125 (375 at max rank)

Shield - 125 (375 at max rank)

Armour - 100

Energy - 125 (187 at max rank)

Sprint - 0.9

Gender - Male

---

Passive(s)

Acute Exposure

All Radiation b Radiation procs inflicted by Tsar (from abilities and weapons) last for 150% longer (does not apply to friendly fire).

Stability

Tsar builds up unstable compounds within himself as he uses his abilities lowering his stability.

• Stability meter is displayed in the lower-right on the HUD, above the ability icons.
    • Meter caps at 100 Stability.
    • Meter decays at a rate of 0.5 Stability per second.
    • Spill costs 10 Stability.
    • Irradiated Flesh's doubles the passive Stability decay of 0.5- new decay of 1.0.
    • Nuclear Winter costs 10 Stability.
    • Defences will begin to drain at a rate of 5 per second 3 seconds after Stability reaches 0 - shields with drain first then health.
    • Vent resets Stability to 100.
    • Stability costs can not be reduced via efficiency mods.

---

Abilities

All ability stats are subject to change.

1. Spill - 25 energy + 10 Stability

Tsar dumps some nuclear material in a cone in front of him slowing and inflicting Gas b Gas damage on enemies that enter it. The slow is more potent on enemies that are procced with Radiation b Radiation- they also become more susceptible to Spill's damage.

• [Synergy] Nuclear Winter causes all Spill's within range to ignite and do their remaining damage in the form of Blast b Blast- irradiated enemies still take bonus damage.
Spoiler

Strength

• 80/100/120/150 (initial Gas b Gas damage)
  • 60% (status chance)

Duration

• 6/8/10/12 s (time Spill remains)

Range

• 6/6/8/8 m (reach of Spill)

Misc

• 4 (instances of Spill allowed)
  • 60/75/75/90 ° (angle of Spill)
  • 3 (damage instances/second)
  • 20/25/30/40 % (slow)
  • 2x (slow increase if irradiated)
  • 100% (damage increase to irradiated enemies)

2. Irradiated Flesh [drain] - 50 energy + 5 energy drain

All enemies within range of Tsar take additional damage from Radiation b Radiation for every stack of Radiation b Radiation procs present on them. Any Radiation b Radiation damage Tsar inflicts onto enemies will be converted into armour- the armour buff will decay over time. 

• [Synergy] Tsar's ranged weapons receive additional Radiation b Radiation damage for a short duration after using Vent.
  • [Rad Rounds - Augment] All ranged weaponry have a portion of their damage converted into Radiation b Radiation.
Spoiler

Strength

• 8% (multiplicative damage buff per Radiation b Radiation proc)
  • 0.25% (Radiation b Radiation damage to armour conversion rate)
  • 25% (Rad Rounds damage conversion)

Range 

• 10/12/14/16 m (radius)

Misc

• 2000 armour (max buff)
  • 100 armour (decay rate)
  • 1.5 s (decay delay)
  • 20% (damage buff from synergy)
  • 8 s (duration of synergy buff)

3. Vent - n/a

Tsar vents out Radiation b Radiation clouds restoring any used Stability irradiating all enemies within range of him. The less Stability Tsar has the more range Vent will have. Any enemy caught within the cloud will have their accuracy greatly reduced.

Spoiler

Range

• 15/20/22/25m (radius)

Misc

• 80% (accuracy reduction)

---

Having 0 Stability will give 25m of range while 99 Stability gives 5m at max rank without mods.

4. Nuclear Winter - 100 energy + 10 Stability

Tsar's armour explodes shredding all his base armour for a short duration. This damages all enemies procced with Radiation b Radiation within range of him dealing an even split of Radiation b Radiation and Blast b Blast damage. The damage is increased per enemy procced with Radiation b Radiation in range.

Spoiler

Strength

• 600/800/1000/1200 (initial Radiation b Radiation / Blast b Blast damage)

Range

• 15/20/22/25 m (radius)

Misc

• +20% (damage increase per enemy procced within radius)
  • 8 s (duration of armour removal)

---

Tsar v1.0 https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1110912-warframe-concept-tsar-the-nuclear-frame/

Thanks for reading!

- Good Luck, Have Fun -

Pretty solid numbers and a lot of time spent on it so good job there.

The theme though, nuclear, i'm not sure it would fit. Considering the Orokin had developed both Intergalactic Travel and adaptive AI even before Warframes were a thing, building one around nuclear power seems a bit off tbh. It would be like us finally creating robots, and then the plan for robot 2.0 is to build it based on the Industrial Era Steam Engine. Everything else looks great, and this is obv just my own opinion, but it might be worth basing it off something other than nuclear. And not Void Energy either ofc.

Good job regardless though, could be an option for a 2021-2022 frame after the 3 we know are coming

46 minutes ago, (PS4)MYKK678 said:

Pretty solid numbers and a lot of time spent on it so good job there.

The theme though, nuclear, i'm not sure it would fit. Considering the Orokin had developed both Intergalactic Travel and adaptive AI even before Warframes were a thing, building one around nuclear power seems a bit off tbh. It would be like us finally creating robots, and then the plan for robot 2.0 is to build it based on the Industrial Era Steam Engine. Everything else looks great, and this is obv just my own opinion, but it might be worth basing it off something other than nuclear. And not Void Energy either ofc.

Good job regardless though, could be an option for a 2021-2022 frame after the 3 we know are coming

Tbh I'm not that into Warframe lore so I hadn't thought that much about the theme itself. If it were to change I'm not sure what it would change to- my first instinct was Void Energy but you already pointed out that wouldn't work. In any case thanks for pointing it out! I'll try and think of a work around.

Archived