Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lack Of Challenge

kazenioware

after playing it for a while i am still the opinion that the game has potential. But.

The lack of challenge. not only when your stacked your mods to the max it gets to easy, you, DE, softening the design of the levels too.

Phobos was a good step to avoid to generic, repetitive levels and i hope there will be other ones.

But the game is getting more and more barrier-free. the trailer with wallruns, acrobatic maneuvers and close-combat brought me to warframe not a kewl walking frame.

Wallruns and sliding became almost unnessassary. Need a sad Example? There is this long room where you had to slide or at least crouch forward under two big pipes. Now you can run right through. Not a real challenge, but it's gone. As i said: just an example.

Parcour became something additional not essential in WF. that's sad.

Missions don't challenge you anymore. No real useful items besides some mods i rarely use. ever.

No skilltree where you have to choose wisely, no unchangable specializations, no upgrade of your frames (besides your mods. Colors if you so will. And no: helmets and scarfs without any stats do NOT count imho). More tactics and strategy. You can see that rudimentally if you charge some weapons through Volts shield. More finesse i guess.

What do i want?

A challenge. Not mere buffed up enemies. More Parcour. More moves. More tactics.

More specialization.

And more variety at least.

Ty & gl

Have you been doing the voids? I just did a single void with 3 parkour rooms with treasure at the end. There are are so many places in the upper levels that require parkour. If you don't see any, try doing other missions maybe?

"unchangable specializations?" I hate those in video games. How is that at all good?

And in my opinion, the mod system is way cooler than a skill tree. It's also way easier to add a mod into the game then change a warframe's skill tree all around. This is better for both player and designer.

Well, for difficulty, I find this game very difficult. But mainly because right when I max out a weapon or warframe, I pick up a new one. So I'm always a fresh guy in the higher levels. I find that pretty fun and it does change my play style a lot. Nightmare runs and void runs offer some great challenge. Are you doing these?

Actually, I could go on and counter all of your points with my opinions, but they are just opinions.I absolutely love this game and can't wait to see it get better. But that is the thing. This game is getting better.

The game is too easy, yes. That's been my biggest issue for the longest time.

On several occasions DE has said they will add choosing difficulty before a mission, and in the most recent one, Steve implied we will fight the sentients in a new star system (is it wrong to say solar system since only one system really has "sol" in it?) which, according to previous hints, are really crazy, so that might be a place for really difficult content.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlsyEla_uEOUdERwRURQYnA2cDRUZnVDTlUtOW4tV2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0'>If you click this, and search "choosing difficulty" or "more factions" you can take a look for yourself.

Edited by VegetableBasket