Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multi-Category Weaponry Suggestion...

Brimir

Imagine a wicked Grineer shotgun that uses a brutal bayonet-like attachment. Would occupy your Primary and Melee weapon slot as well as take both shotgun and melee mods - which would give you a lot of customization: do you amplify the melee capabilities or the ranged?

I think it would be a cool addition, and being able to fire your weapon and then seconds later smack some fool around with it would add a lot of fluidity to the gameplay. Currently your Tenno has to magically switch between the two in the blink of an eye which looks kinda weird.

It is simple: You equip this theoretical shotgun and it disables your melee weapon; pressing E will make you stab/swing it at enemies. It has the same amount of mod slots and capacity as a regular shotgun but it can also equip melee mods in addition to shotgun mods.

So you could either fill it with shotgun mods alone, or melee mods alone, or try and strike balance between the two.

Don't see much point in it

Why would I have to choose between my primary or melee if I can simply equip other weapons that don't force me into making decisions like this.

Think about this.

With only 8 mod slots it just wouldn't be strong enough. And averyone would just ditch this weapon after leveling it up to 30.

I know we need variety, but it also needs to be viable, but your idea doesn't sound like a viable weapon at all.

With the current weapon system we have in Warframe it just wouldn't make sense.

What do you mean? That this weapon has total 8 mod slots? Does melee mods add damage to shotgun as well? Because if not, this would actually take away a lot customization.

it would have its regular slottage for guns and then a separate loadout slots for melee and then when meleeing it takes into account the melee of the gun and when shooting only the gun mods.

I could get around this idea.

be like the old Penguin from the batman movies.

sword-like umbrella that also shoots from the tip.

Variety is the spice of life. With Damage 2.0 you will no longer have to min/max your weapons anyway.

With Damage 2.0 I won't have to make my weapon better? Interesting, maybe after it comes out you'll want to try soloing T3 using only unmodded Sicarus?

We always need to make our weapons stronger, it's how it is in games like this.

It's not a entirely bad idea, but it simply doesn't fit into what we currently have. It's not ME3 where you can just slap bayonet on your gun and start using it as melee.

Though with some changes, maybe it could work...

Not anytime soon I'm sure

And yes, variety is important but only if it fits the rest of the game. Otherwise we would already have catframe at this point.

Easier work around :

Equip the weapon into your primary slot : disables melee slot but still allows the "Upgrade" selection for melee so you can set your melee mods in it and your shotgun mods through the "Upgrade" for the primary weapon.

Using melee uses the primary weapon to strike (switching from and back to secondary as needed after finishing your melee attacks). I would have said the added benefit would be to have no delay between switching melee and primary but there isn't any already.

And yes, variety is important but only if it fits the rest of the game. Otherwise we would already have catframe at this point.

The closest we have is Nyx. Isn't mind control a power of cats already? :P
Edited by Wiegraf

Variety is the spice of life. With Damage 2.0 you will no longer have to min/max your weapons anyway.

How do you know that? I have not seen any news or anything about damage/armour 2.0

Its over hyped imo. until the community gets information on it we dont really know how game changing it is.

How do you know that? I have not seen any news or anything about damage/armour 2.0

Its over hyped imo. until the community gets information on it we dont really know how game changing it is.

It was all over the livestream. And the design council a good while befor that.