The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Master Chief Vs. Warframe

Kwinne

The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed. 

We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend.

Excalibur was the first.

-Orokin 'Warframe' Archives

New info from the codex. Seems Vor was right after all about the source of the Warframe's powers. We're eldritch abominations channeling the power of an incomprehensible realm.

Am I the only one that finds it unrealistic that tenno run across walls and defy gravity like they do? I mean really unless they have some kind of magical force holding them to the wall I don't think they could run straight for as long as they do. By the logic of warframe if a tenno could do that then MC could too. I mean technically because of his magnetic locks he could just walk on the ceiling although I don't know why he never has... also no one knows how damage would translate from one game to another. For all we know Master Chief's shields could be worth like maybe 7 maxed out tenno shields of rhino (rough estimate but I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one... I mean come on 7 is a good number right?). Two different games that have different damage scales can't be compared like this. It would have to be by lore and at the moment warframe has practically none, so we have no clue who would win. And for the record spartans are actually very fast... as in 65 mph fast. This was infact done by John... And as for him being the last one left... In the lore there are still atleast 13 spartans still active with many more spartans never confirmed KIA. Also I would like a reference to Hayden Tenno being the first tenno or this being the same universe as dark sector because I've never read or heard that one before...

I wouldnt call it unrealistic, but I think most people in this thread are missing a key piece of information:  Has anyone else noticed that these suits, spartan, and warframe, are from DIFFERENT PERIODS OF TIME?  of COURSE the Chief would lose to a tenno, he's fighting his own technology thats had a few hundred (if not thousand) years of refinement, became stable, survived the FALL OF GALACTIC CIVILIZATION, its (very slow) rebirth as a GALACTIC civilization, and is STILL the most potent and advanced technology in the Galaxy!!  Its like an infantryman sent to fight the Guyver, or Marvel Girl (very first appearance) trying to fight Phoenix/Jean Grey (after she died and returned once).  He is literally out of his league......

So of course being the Master Chief, he'd probably win a few one on one encounters, but those would be against low lvl Tenno trying to find their way in the Galaxy.  Anything lvl 8 and up would beat him, but its not really a knock against him.....he's simply a man/machine out of time....

New info from the codex. Seems Vor was right after all about the source of the Warframe's powers. We're eldritch abominations channeling the power of an incomprehensible realm.

That Codex entry makes me so happy. I read it out loud to my clan and got chills part way through it's so badass. That and it gets rid of the Dark Sector link once and for all, thank Azathoth.

New Topic: MC vs U11 Stalker

I vote for the Stalker.

Finally you have said something I agree with. Well done.

That Codex entry makes me so happy. I read it out loud to my clan and got chills part way through it's so badass. That and it gets rid of the Dark Sector link once and for all, thank Azathoth.

Actually, I don't think it does get rid of the Dark Sector link. There are still a ton of references to it in the game, (Tenno, technocyte virus, the lotus, visual similarities between Hayden's suit and Excalibur, even going so far as to state with the in-game descriptions that the glaive was used by the first Tenno) as well as direct dev statements that Hayden was the first of the Tenno and that Dark Sector is part of the history of Warframe. The only part this would seem to contradict is that the codex entry says that the first Warframe was created during the Orokin era and that it was an Excalibur... Wait...

Hold up, I just had a revelation. According to dev statements, Hayden Tenno was the first Warframe, right? We also know that according to the codex entry Excalibur was the first Warframe, and that Tenno's prototype armor looks almost exactly like an Excalibur. The only thing out of place are the time periods involved, 2007 vs an unknown date in the far future during the Orokin age. Hayden should be long gone by that point, right?

If he was a normal human, yes. But remember that he was infected by the Technocyte plague during Dark Sector. We've seen that other Infested can live for thousands of years on their own, and we never see what happens to Hayden Tenno after Dark Sector ends. It's entirely possible that in his modified state he might have survived to see the start of the Orokin age and then later took a trip to the Void in order to become the first Warframe. That explanation also neatly eliminates the question of how Nemesis fits into things.

Her own infection by the Technocyte virus and her suit both predate Hayden's, so if that was all it took to be a Warframe, she would have technically been the first. But if it also involves surviving an encounter with the Void and getting freaky powers as a result, then the devs would be perfectly justified in saying that he was the first. (Though to be fair, Nemesis seemed to have some supernatural powers of her own even without exposure to the Void)

*thinks a little further* If the Technocyte virus did make Hayden immortal, then there might be a chance that one of the Excaliburs out there actually is him and that he's still around, walking about with his memory erased like all the other Tenno. :o

Edited by Senteth

Except since Hayden has technocyte powers, you'd think they'd talk about that. Instead it's just Orokin+Void+Warframe=Tenno.

It may be because I hated that game and it's piss poor story-line, but I'll never believe any of those references are anything but easter eggs. Even in the Livestream where Hayden = OG is "confirmed" Steve has a "ugh, really? This crap again? Sure whatever" look on his face when asked the question.

In any case I'll fight it until it is literally spelled out for me in game.

Lore/Experience Perspective

MasterChief spent all years of his Life (since he was still 7) until he lost Cortana.

1. He sabotaged a Mothership all by himself,

2. annihilated a Battalion of Covenant alone,

3. made Impossible Missions possible,

4. saved Two Planets-Reach and Earth,

He did not save Reach.  Reach fell.

You all seem to be forgetting about Cortana....In a battle between the chief and a warframe, we must assume that specs are the same and the only things that change would be abilities.

ie: We don't know how much shield power chief has compared to tenno, etc etc

So all other things being considered equal, I would say that the Tenno have the advantage of being set WAY into the future, so they have snazzy organic armor and what amounts to basically magic powers.

However the chief also has what appears to be equal footing in most cases with weaponry (maybe not with like the flux rifle) and he has the advantage of having an AI partner that not only isn't totally useless (sry Lotus) but also has a steamy psychological / emotional connection or attraction to the chief where as we get...."It's the Grineer" (sry to Rebecca, I actually like her va a lot...just needs better lines)

So personally I think it would be a pretty fair match up 1 v 1. 

Master Chief's shields can be dropped by a modern-ish Assault rifle. Warframe shields can eat bullets from a .60 machine gun for several seconds. In the trailers they also just casually ignore gunfire in a way MC has never been shown doing.

Their guns are clearly much better than MC's. They have weapons like Boltor that can in the description pick massively armoured foes and throw them across the room. I have no idea how much force that would take, but it's waaaay beyond anything in Halo outside of the railgun and laser. And it's full auto.

Who cares if Chief has emotions for his AI? It's not going to help him not be brain jacked, electrocuted, cut to pieces or exploded. I don't even remember her being more useful than Lotus. Just a voice in the ear.

So all other things being considered equal, I would say that the Tenno have the advantage of being set WAY into the future, so they have snazzy organic armor and what amounts to basically magic powers.

Set WAY into the future? Mankind in the Halo Universe expanded from the edges of the Milky Way to the Great Black Hole with Wormholes. 

@Val-Cortana does not only projects waypoints, she scouts the perimeter for hostiles-distance, number, strength and possible weaknesses, analyze escape routes, serves as a second voice of opinion, hacks a Planet's Core and provides sociological relationship with MC.

Lotus? A Blabbering Purple Dora who messes up with the Waypoint.

Edited by yeomanry

Set WAY into the future? Mankind in the Halo Universe expanded from the edges of the Milky Way to the Great Black Hole with Wormholes. 

@Val-Cortana does not only projects waypoints, she scouts the perimeter for hostiles-distance, number, strength and possible weaknesses, analyze escape routes, serves as a second voice of opinion, hacks a Planet's Core and provides sociological relationship with MC.

Lotus? A Blabbering Purple Dora who messes up with the Waypoint.

And the planet core hacking(elaborate please) helps in this situation...how?

Also the Lotus does WAY too much than we credit her for,considering how much the Tenno rely on her and her info(which is always spot on,well what she gives anyway) and the fact that she pretty much decides what they will do and why.

Edited by Kefaljohn

And the planet core hacking(elaborate please) helps in this situation...how?

Also the Lotus does WAY too much than we credit her for,considering how much the Tenno rely on her and her info(which is always spot on,well what she gives anyway) and the fact that she pretty much decides what they will do and why.

Tennos are gullible and relies everything on the Lotus. They neither compromise missions given nor try to reach out for any explanation. 

The Lotus does WAY too much? How?

By with-holding information on every objectives?

She whom we owe a debt for saving the last of us, whom stands as the Core-a Leader who cannot decide which to side in an impending all-out War? She who never revealed herself yet you place your whole trust on someone you merely known?

She who asses and intervenes a War she cannot comprehend and decides to leave her position and weighs everything on her pawns? 

She who provides provisions? No, it was the Corpus that runs the Tenno Market. 

She who doesnt value Military necessity and precautions?

She who allows a Single Tenno to retrieve information of a missing Cell on a certain Infested Planet?

She who allows a Single Tenno against a High-Ranking officer, a General perhaps alone?

She who allows a Single Tenno to retrieve information of a missing Cell on the Void Storms?

She who claims that we fight to preserve balance while Ironically sending a Cell of Tenno to slaughter, mutilate and divert an Entire Ship to its End?

She who does nothing to ease the tension of hostility and continues to pursue relentless massacre?

She who values the Honor of Restraint and stability yet conjures bloodshed overwhelmingly?

She who never reveals herself?

She who spots a Heavy Grineer overhead yet fails to inform of the impending number of hostiles?

She who facilities the reservation of Peace in the Sol System through Blood and profit?

She who tries to infiltrate a Hostile Ship by conjuring an espionage by a Civilian provided only by a malfunctioned sidearm?

She who negotiated to provide support for Fhrod Bekk but fails to avail the thoughts of her pawns? In which she failed to locate the objective's location though its was obviously pointed at?

(We all knew Alad will be in Themisto since the beginning)

She who never stops blabbering and she who messes with the Waypoint?

She who negates the Laws of Warfare: Proportionality, Distinction, Military Necessities yet is being hailed as the Leader of the fallen?

She who does WAY MORE THAN Cortana? 

Say what?

Edited by yeomanry

Tennos are gullible and relies everything on the Lotus. They neither compromise missions given nor try to reach out for any explanation. 

The Lotus does WAY too much? How?

By with-holding information on every objectives?

She whom we owe a debt for saving the last of us, whom stands as the Core-a Leader who cannot decide which to side in an impending all-out War? She who never revealed herself yet you place your whole trust on someone you merely known?

She who asses and intervenes a War she cannot comprehend and decides to leave her position and weighs everything on her pawns? 

She who provides provisions? No, it was the Corpus that runs the Tenno Market. 

She who doesnt value Military necessity and precautions?

She who allows a Single Tenno to retrieve information of a missing Cell on a certain Infested Planet?

She who allows a Single Tenno against a High-Ranking officer, a General perhaps alone?

She who allows a Single Tenno to retrieve information of a missing Cell on the Void Storms?

She who claims that we fight to preserve balance while Ironically sending a Cell of Tenno to slaughter, mutilate and divert an Entire Ship to its End?

She who does nothing to ease the tension of hostility and continues to pursue relentless massacre?

She who values the Honor of Restraint and stability yet conjures bloodshed overwhelmingly?

She who never reveals herself?

She who spots a Heavy Grineer overhead yet fails to inform of the impending number of hostiles?

She who facilities the reservation of Peace in the Sol System through Blood and profit?

She who tries to infiltrate a Hostile Ship by conjuring an espionage by a Civilian provided only by a malfunctioned sidearm?

She who negotiated to provide support for Fhrod Bekk but fails to avail the thoughts of her pawns? In which she failed to locate the objective's location though its was obviously pointed at?

(We all knew Alad will be in Themisto since the beginning)

She who never stops blabbering and she who messes with the Waypoint?

She who negates the Laws of Warfare: Proportionality, Distinction, Military Necessities yet is being hailed as the Leader of the fallen?

She who does WAY MORE THAN Cortana? 

Say what?

She could damage both sides more AND give the Tenno an illusion of choice:The Victor pays more for theit victory either way

How the F*** are we supposed to know that Alad,no matter how likely,wasn't somewhere else(No we simply know because that's what we see,we saw that happen because we're genre savvy and know a few rules/cliches of writing)?

If we knew where the Grineer/Corpus center of leadership is,we would have done the job,or we don't have ennough firepower(The sisters and the Corpus Council, too bad they're way well to hidden or protected)

She sabotages both sides,imbecile, that's what the random missions are about,screwing over both incase they discover/do something they shouldn't.

Why reveal herself? Does she have a reason to reveal herself even though two superpowers of the @(*()$ galaxy are after her?

She had something to get done,Zanuka project was way to dangerous to continue,she doesn't trust him,just that there's an agreement of the extermination of a common pest.

She does warn of waves of enemies before they appear jackass.

Does she have a reason to tell them more than they need to know for doing what they are needed to do?

Hell,we know nothing because there's nothing more to know,according to what she says

How does she mess with the waypoint?

Simply put,you act like the Tenno have an option,they don't.They have to be Lobotomised and bisected,killed or infected.Pick your poison or join the Lotus.

It's been more than shown that Lotus is a lying,manipulative,immoral and with outside agendas,we just don't know what her agenda is(possibly building a Superpower of her own).

I also said way more than we give her credit for,not more than(though possible) Cortana,asshat.

She could damage both sides more AND give the Tenno an illusion of choice:The Victor pays more for theit victory either way

So you're telling me an Illusion of choice yet we side those we offers the best?

How the F*** are we supposed to know that Alad,no matter how likely,wasn't somewhere else(No we simply know because that's what we see,we saw that happen because we're genre savvy and know a few rules/cliches of writing)?

You think Profanity will justify your tantrums? It's like you've been worn out crying on your latest response. You sound like youre worn out crying over this matter. Why? Did Big Bro stole your little Dolly?

You're saying that you are amongst the Tenno who cannot perceive foresight?
You think Pluto has a rumbling Helium and Methane Storm in its Atmosphere?

Impressive. Hats off to your Superior Intelligence

If we knew where the Grineer/Corpus center of leadership is,we would have done the job,or we don't have ennough firepower(The sisters and the Corpus Council, too bad they're way well to hidden or protected)

We dont have enough Firepower? Says Who? A Golden Initiate?

She sabotages both sides,imbecile, that's what the random missions are about,screwing over both incase they discover/do something they shouldn't.

She could damage both sides? By What? Betting on both sides of the coin securing winnings before it drops on her palms? Gambling her Men's lives hoping something out of the blue will pop out?

Why reveal herself? Does she have a reason to reveal herself even though two superpowers of the @(*()$ galaxy are after her?

All of the Galaxy? You boast your pride yet you have no Idea about the setting and the lore itself

She had something to get done,Zanuka project was way to dangerous to continue,she doesn't trust him,just that there's an agreement of the extermination of a common pest.

No Shat Sherlock

She does warn of waves of enemies before they appear jackass.

Does she have a reason to tell them more than they need to know for doing what they are needed to do?

Do you have any idea how the Real World works?

Hell,we know nothing because there's nothing more to know,according to what she says

ACCORDING to what she says. *Rolls eyes*

How does she mess with the waypoint?
Simply put,you act like the Tenno have an option,they don't.They have to be Lobotomised and bisected,killed or infected.Pick your poison or join the Lotus.

There's always been an option. What do you think all of those covert missions we've done since we passed The Initiate Rank?

It's been more than shown that Lotus is a lying,manipulative,immoral and with outside agendas,we just don't know what her agenda is(possibly building a Superpower of her own).

I also said way more than we give her credit for,not more than(though possible) Cortana,asshat.

How did you ever pass the Golden Initiate Rank? I doubt it.

Edited by yeomanry

I doubt you passed the first test,but still,you're a gold disciple.Good for you.

Fine,the solar system,but you get my point she has no reason to reveal herself.

I'm amongst the Tenno which played games before and doesn't say the character's dumb because he's not as savvy,with good reason:

Why search for the same place for a Corpus executive/politician/scientist when there's a litterary an ancient and powerful infested with his nest mucking around in there?

Oh tell me,are you in the Dev. team,the Story/Lore writing department?

You're telling me that we could take on the whole Grineer/Corpus core even though you have no evidence supporting it?

Go ahead,let us try with the Giant army of space battleships and carpet bomb-oh wait we only have one man armies that can kill large ammount of units,not destroy the ships and facilities themselves(as far  as we're concerned and know)

Come on,tell my info is wrong because of my rank again,you'd like that wouldn't you?

I'm just taking the theory that makes most sense:

They're too strong/too well hidden to find and kill them...for now.

Hell, she had a win/win situation and (possibly) said "Hmm...I hate both of these idiots and I earn something no matter who wins,why not make them lose even more resources and power with the Tenno running around with both sides,will satisfy their Loalty and Duty I've been blabbering on about,so they won't question me more for choosign a side "

Do you know how someone with a hidden agenda/manipulator works?

They hide things,lie and make sure you do what they want to happen by feeding the target/s the right information,they m-a-n-i-p-u-l-a-t-e.

Why not?Why not let them take all the artifacts and not do squat about it while the Corpus and Grineer get more and more power and resources?

Risk/reward,let a threat get more powerful,or lose possibly 1,and only one, of the thousands/millions/billions of soldiers she has,nevermind the fact that most of the time it works,like it or not(nevermind the fact that they've been fabled to be one-man-armies and showed that.

Exactly,the Lotus is the Tenno's eyes,ears,information supplier,the only one so far not out to kill/lobotomise and disect them when they wake up,gives coordinates and possibly the only source of our space-ships(what?You're going to tell me that the Tenno are excelent craftsmen for Spacecraft and hackers too?)

And do you honestly think that the Lotus is a definite force of good and justice,with supporting loyalty and all that NOT a scam for her scheme to manipulate the Tenno and just blind,hypocritical bullS#&$?

She single-handedly(unless the Lotus is an organization) managed to revive  an army of Ninjas,support them and lead them to being the only  threat to both Superpowers besides eachother and the Infestation,to the point of assasinating their major political figures with the only possible loss 4 soldiers .Nevermind all the hacking,material/credits management and hiding them all from BOTH of the solar-system empires.That takes more than just "stupid" , "idiocy" and a rabbit's foot as a charm.

Edited by Kefaljohn

I have a theory. I want you to hear me out on this too, 'cause it might just blow some minds.

Every Tenno is psychic.

Think about it. Examine the trailers. Do Loki and Rhino verbalize? Does Frost shout to Excalibur? How would Excalibur even know that Frost was going to throw the Skana?

Nyx proves that Tenno can at least cultivate psychic powers and influence minds, but what if Nyx is the only 'Frame that Weaponizes it? What if all Tenno can wordlessly communicate? What if, more than that, they can look into the minds of their weaker-willed enemies?

Also, isn't Cortana KIA? Why is she even factoring into this debate?

The Tenno are mute idea is somewhat flawed; Valkyr screams/shouts/yells.

And the Tenno in that video could be using an internal suit network to communicate. I think it's less that Tenno can't talk, and more that they mostly don't. Since they are a "ninjas in space" order of warriors, it could simply be part of their combat training to work together without talking. how many of us in game stop to chat? Are we mute?

Edited by Remitevji

I have a theory. I want you to hear me out on this too, 'cause it might just blow some minds.

Every Tenno is psychic.

I agree with Remi. probably an Internal suit network. Probably much more likely similar to Ghost in the Shell. 

Back to the topic. If Tennos are psychic then MC will S#&$ himself. 

Hold up, I just had a revelation. According to dev statements, Hayden Tenno was the first Warframe, right? 

*thinks a little further* If the Technocyte virus did make Hayden immortal, then there might be a chance that one of the Excaliburs out there actually is him and that he's still around, walking about with his memory erased like all the other Tenno. :o

I thought the Present Tennos are descendants/post-infected of Hayden? Isnt Nemesis considered a Warframe too?

And yes, you caught me off-guard. Im Hayden Shhhhhhhh

I do think, for the sake of further argument: peeps should decide who would win based on an equal footing assumption. If it's a squad of Tenno, it should be a squad of Spartans.

And, as a fun spin off, what about Isaac Clarke from dead space? Vs MC? Vs Tenno?