The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Master Chief Vs. Warframe

Kwinne

Chuck Norris is a tired old man whose only remaining popularity hinges on a played out meme. There, I said it!

A Tenno who has just woken up does have mods outside of gameplay logic. Watch the PS4 trailer, the brand new Excalibur had Reflex Parry and Radial Javeline equipped, at the very least.

Bring Kirby here for God's sake. That lil pink crap can rule the galaxy. Even Goku's Kamehameha is a mere simpleton.

Kirby would be OP...

Copying Warframe powers... Even being able to combine them... 

He could rule the galaxy if he wanted but he's just too cute and carefree to do it :3

Master Chief may be the last Spartan, but he isn't a super soldier.  He's an AUGMENTED soldier.  The Tenno are super-soldiers, specially bred (or spliced), trained, and equipped to be unstoppable.

Furthermore, the Spartan program, which MC hails from, is essentially a failure.  MC is the last Spartan because his comrades didn't have the strength or intelligence to survive.  Being one grade ahead of failure is still a D-, that's not good.  There are THOUSANDS of Tenno left purely by virtue of how well-designed and well-hidden they are.

Then there are the weapons and gear.  MC has more powerful weapons, but the Tenno have smarter weapons.  The Tenno also have sentinels that can grant them stealth, a death ray, etc. etc.

All these factors suggest that MC is VASTLY outmatched by the Tenno, and I haven't even gotten to each warframes' abilities!

Then there are the weapons and gear.  MC has more powerful weapons, but the Tenno have smarter weapons.

I disagree with this. UNSC weapons are all pretty awful, 5mm SMGs with subsonic ammunition are somehow competitive with their other guns. The lowly Grakata on the other hand looks like it shoots bullets the size of my thumb!

MC is outmatched in literally every way possible.

Furthermore, the Spartan program, which MC hails from, is essentially a failure.  MC is the last Spartan because his comrades didn't have the strength or intelligence to survive.  Being one grade ahead of failure is still a D-, that's not good.  There are THOUSANDS of Tenno left purely by virtue of how well-designed and well-hidden they are.

Actually, the books point out on multiple occasions that Master Chief didn't survive the Covenant war because he was better than any other Spartan; he was just incredibly lucky.  The Spartan program wasn't really a failure, because humanity was so hopelessly outmatched from the outset that failure was inevitable.  Most Spartans died on Reach simply because the planet was melted by orbiting spaceships (not exactly a fair fight).  For their part, the Tenno are only still alive because of the Lotus (who awakened many of them before the Corpus or Grineer could capture them). 

As for who would win in a fight?  Master Chief is incredibly resourceful (and lucky), but he isn't very mobile and his tech isn't advanced.  Against a single Tenno without powers, he would probably stand a decent chance of winning.  However, a Tenno with access to powers would utterly pulverize him. 

If you go based on the way the games play, Tenno would win every time.  Nearly every frame has at least one ability that master chief would be screwed over by, the master chief doesn't have anything really on his side.

If you go by lore, the master chief would be able to take down any single frame on his own, and most teams of 4 that weren't using extremely good tactics (a vauban and frost using bastille and frost bubble for example is impenetrable, so chief would be screwed unless he could somehow throw enough enemies into the bastille to make it so he could run into the bubble and get the job done).  It also depends on if you're saying open gladiator style combat where everyone knows the other is there, or if it's fighting on John's terms, or the tenno's terms, as both would employ stealth first in any skirmish if possible to tilt the battle in their favor.

If you allow the chief to have any of the other spartans with him, even just one, I'd call it for the spartans.

EDIT: also I recommend you go watch Haloid if you like the idea of super suits fighting eachother, gives me chills every time I watch it (but the ending is really stupid, so just quit after the big escape... please)

You have opened the flood gates for me to use a new tactic... what have you done?

It depends on which universe they would fight in.

I the Haloverse, there is no upgrading, and your armor can only have one power/device on it at any given time.

Tenno might have superior agility, but without their fancy powers and a wide selection of mods they are still just amnesiac ninjas taking orders from a sexy voice.

Master Chief is a cut above your average amnesiac ninja who dosen't know how to use grenades.

Stalker might have a better chance, since he's a cut above an amnesiac ninja in terms of free thinking and fighting without upgrades(poor bastard gets outscaled by the players really fast).

In the Warframeverse(it's a thing now), Master Chief gets to enjoy the full suite of upgrades any Tenno dose, but it's still a fair fight, because he'll be only allowed to fight enemies within his Conclave rating, regardless of how high or low it'll be.

YOU NOOBS KNEEL BEFORE KIRBY

To defeat his foes, he uses his signature ability of inhaling large objects and spitting them out with great force. From Kirby's Adventure onward, Kirby was able to gain the abilities of the enemies he swallowed, better known as his Copy Abilities.

ALL HAIL KIRBY, even the renowned Hulk nor Superman neither the Universe' most powerful Goku nor the Assistant of the God of Destruction (DBZ Universe) are reluctant to fight Kirby! 

YOU NOOBS KNEEL BEFORE KIRBY

To defeat his foes, he uses his signature ability of inhaling large objects and spitting them out with great force. From [/size]Kirby's Adventure onward, Kirby was able to gain the abilities of the enemies he swallowed, better known as his Copy Abilities.[/size]

ALL HAIL KIRBY, even the renowned Hulk nor Superman neither the Universe' most powerful Goku nor the Assistant of the God of Destruction (DBZ Universe) are reluctant to fight Kirby!

Eeeh? Alex mercer? Prototype... Consume something and you can be em nd you get its abilities.

One,any class any kind.

Unless that Tenno is straight from a Crypod,he's ran over,frozen,shot,cut,smashed,shot,melted,burned,blown up or soul punched.

And even if  the Tenno is straight from the Crypod,he has at best...25% chance?

Really,a slash dash is enough to seal the deal,and that's not getting to the other frames.

Simply put a fairer match would be 1 Grineer lancer(maybe elite) or any one of the Corpus.

And no vehicles don't count,the OP didn't say anything about that,so they are banned.

Also don't bring up luck,it's a stupid factor in a hypothetical battle.

Honestly, you guys seem to not realize the sheer power the Spartans held. They could slow time and react fast enough to dodge rockets, bullets, and plasma bursts. Their shields were powerful enough to drop from orbit and survive, and their armor was able to handle being crushed under a 4 ton tank, and come out smiling. Tenno, to the best of our knowledge, are nothing more than highly trained human/human like beings. Their suits are what gives them most of the advantage, and they don't seem to be able to move that fast, with the exception of Loki.

Excalibur can Slash Dash at a Spartan, but the Spartan can grab his arm in mid slash and flip him sideways without being touched. A Rhino can charge them, but the Spartan can just lock their armor (Which takes about a quarter second according to the books and Halsey's notes,) and stop him dead. Mag could pull or crush them, but their armor would automatically lock from the pressure, and withstand up to 8 tons of force per square inch. Ash can Shuriken., but how useful is that when they could dodge them, or even catch them?

The games HIGHLY underplayed the Spartan's strength, and it's only mentioned in the books a few times. In addition, they wouldn't be fighting alone. If even two Spartans are together, their strength is nearly tripled, because they can literally communicate and work together at the speed of thought. And who says they'd use only UNSC weapons? They pick up and use any weapon found on the battlefield, what's to keep them from ambushing an Eviscerator and stealing their Miter? Or robbing Captain Vor for his pistol? Spartans are adaptable, whereas Tenno are strict and inflexible.

Honestly, you guys seem to not realize the sheer power the Spartans held. They could slow time and react fast enough to dodge rockets, bullets, and plasma bursts. Their shields were powerful enough to drop from orbit and survive, and their armor was able to handle being crushed under a 4 ton tank, and come out smiling. Tenno, to the best of our knowledge, are nothing more than highly trained human/human like beings. Their suits are what gives them most of the advantage, and they don't seem to be able to move that fast, with the exception of Loki.

Excalibur can Slash Dash at a Spartan, but the Spartan can grab his arm in mid slash and flip him sideways without being touched. A Rhino can charge them, but the Spartan can just lock their armor (Which takes about a quarter second according to the books and Halsey's notes,) and stop him dead. Mag could pull or crush them, but their armor would automatically lock from the pressure, and withstand up to 8 tons of force per square inch. Ash can Shuriken., but how useful is that when they could dodge them, or even catch them?

The games HIGHLY underplayed the Spartan's strength, and it's only mentioned in the books a few times. In addition, they wouldn't be fighting alone. If even two Spartans are together, their strength is nearly tripled, because they can literally communicate and work together at the speed of thought. And who says they'd use only UNSC weapons? They pick up and use any weapon found on the battlefield, what's to keep them from ambushing an Eviscerator and stealing their Miter? Or robbing Captain Vor for his pistol? Spartans are adaptable, whereas Tenno are strict and inflexible.

STOP It Noob, HAIL KIRBY!

But yes I agree how Spartans can overthrow Tennos easily except that we can conjure unspeakable skills. Take those away and we are at the mercy of Spartans. I have played both Halo and this Warframe...The Story effects the experience and stationary belief on which characters can upheld their potential skills. I vote for Master Chief, the guy is a monster.

We can all agree Dark Sector has a crappy Story (No offense DE but it really sucks) and so does Warframe. We know nothing of our Virtual World, where Tennos are from and how Warframe Universe works. Thus we can say, we cannot root out where our strengths originated nor why General Sargas Ruk condemns us fighting for worthless cause though everyone knew at the moment our Tennos woke up from their respective cryosleeps, we did nothing but fight for nothing, no cause. 

But in Halo, the Game enlightens you, inspires you, surprises you and during every cutscenes, you sometimes wonder what will happen in the future-on the Real World that this little Game might sprung to life-to think on what would happen if this becomes our Reality.

Conclusion, Warframe sucks against Halo. We need a storyline here DE! Heed our cause!

Edited by yeomanry

I'm not even sure Master Chief could take down a single Warframe on his own. Even going by the books his guns are worse, his shields can't take more than a magazine or so of his own weaponry or a few shots from a plasma rifle, he isn't a bullet timer and his available tech is way below Tenno Standard.

As far as bullet timing is concerned, he DID kind of wench-smack a tank-killing missile away from him during his suit's trial run in "The Fall of Reach" and there's cases in almost every book where he moves significantly faster than regular humans. Maybe not bullet-time fast, but he's certainly quick.

I admit it's a little too much, but it still is alot closer to real spartan capabilities (by lore and books) than what you're relegated to doing in the games themselves.  Spartans can do alot more than simply run, hide behind cover, and shoot accurately, but adding dynamic use of the environment beyond simply crouching behind walls would be difficult.  Sniping upside down while hanging from a ceiling at guys who are multiple full halo maps away?  Not something you can really replicate in a game.

It is absolutely something that can be replicated in game.

If and when the gameplay of halo lives up to the lore they will make the franchise relevant again (like it once was) beyond just milking the franchise.

As far as bullet timing is concerned, he DID kind of wench-smack a tank-killing missile away from him during his suit's trial run in "The Fall of Reach" and there's cases in almost every book where he moves significantly faster than regular humans. Maybe not bullet-time fast, but he's certainly quick.

He had to turn control over his suit to his AI for a few seconds before she managed to work out the trajectory and slap it away.

Hardly counts as bullet timing. I never said he wasn't fast. His reflexes are better than human and he can run as fast as a car, but Tenno are still better.

@Yeomanry: I'd rather have no story than Halo's. It's the reason I stopped playing that series. Halo's gameplay is fine but goddamn does that story suck. If Halo is the future of the human race I'd be so sad for my descendants.

I think Warframe could certainly use one, but I'm willing to wait for something decent. I do agree with you that Dark Sector was awful though!

Edited by ValhaHazred