The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Master Chief Vs. Warframe

Kwinne

If Tenno never had mods on their Warframes and weapons. Master-Chief would win 1v1 even out-tanking Rhino with Iron Skin. When it comes to weaponry, master chief isn't limited to his rifle, pistol, and grenades, he can use weapons from enemies.

Master Chief has:

Titanium Alloy Outer Shell

Titanium Nanocomposite Bodysuit

Reactive Metal Liquid Crystal Layer:
The first layer contains the Reactive Metal Liquid Crystal this reactive metal increases the strength, reaction time, mobility, speed, and all around physical performance of the SPARTAN-II. The section layer supports suit's Artificial intelligence, knitted together at a molecular level and fitted in between the outer plates and the inner padding. This type of computer memory is usually outfitted on a warship and as such this layer accounts for over eighty percent of the MJOLNIR armor's cost of construction and materials.

Energy Shield

Built in medical treatment

Force-Multiplying Circuits

Reactive Circuits: Lower reaction time of wearer by connecting suit directly to thoughts of the wearer

Power Supply Control Unit:  Miniature fusion reactor
Edited by Mikovsky

If Tenno never had mods on their Warframes and weapons. Master-Chief would win 1v1 even out-tanking Rhino with Iron Skin. When it comes to weaponry, master chief isn't limited to his rifle, pistol, and grenades, he can use weapons from enemies.

Tenno always have those mods. Watch the PS4 trailer, Excalibur has radial javelin right out of Cryo. So sorry for Master Chief, he just can't compete with those powers. I'll also need some kind of proof Master Chief can tank better than a Rhino with iron skin. If he has stood still and taken a magazine from an assault rifle even once I'll be surprised. And that's assuming the Halo AR is even as good as a Grakata, which it isn't.

So what? Even Covenant weapons are great big piles of garbage compared to everything in Warframe.

And Tenno have:

Composite armour made from several different alloys, nanotech tissue, crystals and polymers. The only one we have a good description of is Alloy Plates, which are Carbon Steel. In real life that's hundreds of times stronger than ordinary steel.

Energy shield: It seems to be far better than Master Chiefs shield's, being able to stop multiple rockets, melee attacks and electrical attacks.

Built in medical treatment: Better than Master Chief's since they can bring them back from the dead 4 times before needing a 24 hour recharge.

Super strength: Master Chief can't cut 8ft tall armoured super soldiers in half with a single strike. He's had lot's of opportunities to against Elites and Brutes, but he has never displayed that kind of raw strength.

Super reflexes: Can cut machinegun fire out of the air. Hek, they can punch machinegun fire out of the air.

Power supply: Connected to the Void. An entire universe of alien energy. This was confirmed by Vor after the Arid Fear event.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Now of you count the (possibly non-cannon) Book version with possibly the best weapons available to him(except sniper unless invisible sniper Loki counts too) vs any Tenno with a Braton,Lato,any  Meele weapon,all abilities,full energy:

-Rhino:Iron Skin,Rhino stomp,if MC survives that,he gets a Gram to the face

I feel like MC wouldn't just take a gram to the face...

-Nyx:Mind control,next

Mind Control is based on the individual if you ask me

-Saryn:shed skin,Miasma/charged meele poison in the back

Your just naming abilities.

-Vauban:Bastile,next

Avoids bastile stays at ranged.

-Volt:Shock/electric shield,then shoots him down with not a single bullet hitting him

MC runs off a mini nuclear reactor in his back which would mean that electricity would do nothing to stop that continuous flow of power if a guy in a metal bird suit can survive a giant shock so can MC. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://tb3.com/tesla/ch2007/images/TB_0513.jpg&imgrefurl=http://tb3.com/tesla/ch2007/images/&h=666&w=1000&sz=84&tbnid=1su4KzyTSGcbFM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=135&zoom=1&usg=__bxkSjm0u1lIvaolxcUw41JuBSbI=&docid=AeBUeVwLvDK0oM&sa=X&ei=RJttUqL9LPLwyAGA9ICAAw&ved=0CDgQ9QEwAQ

-Excalibur:Slash dash,next

A regular sword like skana would probably break against his armor.

-Ember:overheat tanks him,then shoots him to death

Overheat isn't even a tanking ability anymore.

-Frost:Frozen and cut,or snowglobe and shot

He would have to be frozen inside out considering he's strong enough to flip a tank I think he could break some ice.

-Nekros:soul punch,shoot him while he's down

The shooting thing not so much... I'm pretty sure he'd just be dead from being punched in the soul.

-Nova:Her first ability

Doesn't do much to regular grineer I doubt it would do much to him

-Loki: goes invisible,backstabs or charges with any weapon

Invisibility doesn't protect from motion detection

-Trinity:Linked and shot

I don't use trinity so I don't really know what this means...

-Ash:same as Loki

Same as Loki

-Banshee:Sonic wave,sonic quake, either way blown away and shot

His suit can magnetize him to the ground and he weighs 2000lbs. I don't think he's going anywhere

-Mag:Crushed or pulled over and shot.

Crushed probably Pulled see Banshee

Also I'd like to point out that this is a WARFRAME forum, Of course the tenno would win here. It would probably be the exact opposite on the HALO forums. That being said I love being a space wizard!

Also I'd like to point out that this is a WARFRAME forum, Of course the tenno would win here. It would probably be the exact opposite on the HALO forums. That being said I love being a space wizard!

This is probably true, but I'm pretty sure Tenno would win in a neutral one.

In fact I went looking. The only other forum I found had the Tenno winning. Some people where initially skeptical but once the trailer was posted everyone was on board.

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/warframe-tenno-vs-halo-spartans.255329/

In fact I went looking. The only other forum I found had the Tenno winning. Some people where initially skeptical but once the trailer was posted everyone was on board.

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/warframe-tenno-vs-halo-spartans.255329/

The page wouldn't load for me... Probably my internet! Just out of curiosity what the heck is space battles?!

I find it funny that he thinks Master Chief can out-tank Rhino, even with iron skin. He's vulnerable to his own 1960's era bullet guns whereas the demonstrably much more powerful Grineer weapons barely tickle most frames unless used in great numbers. An earlier poster thought that his ability to survive getting crushed underneath a 4-ton tank was impressive. A Tenno can survive getting hit by a hammer weghing over a ton, covered in foot-long spikes, and wielded by a 15 foot tall cyborg and not even have it breach the shield layer. (or get hit by an utterly massive bone scythe wielded by a 30-40 foot tall monstrosity and not have it breach the shields.) They survive getting hit with laser weapons strong enough to cut swathes of armored and shielded marines in half in moments.

Hell, depending on just how much the technocyte virus has modified them, they might not even have any vital internal organs inside the suit, being an infested viral mass like Alex Mercer.

Power supply: Connected to the Void. An entire universe of alien energy. This was confirmed by Vor after the Arid Fear event.

Yep, Vor is confirmed as slowly becoming suspicious that Warframes in fact run on black magic since they can't find any conventional explanation to their powers:

My Queens-
They found us. Why did the Corpus think they could hide in the Void? Despite their heritage they seem blind to the Tenno's connection to that place. I know you are sour on mysticism but I'm beginning to turn my view on it.
Every time we tear a Tenno corpse from its metal womb we find nothing to explain their power. Our Warframe engineers gesture wildly about nanotechnology, how reactive dissolution hides the answers. What if a Warframe is merely a lightning rod? A conduit for these demons of the Void? Consider how it could change our plan.
For now I await the Tenno's invasion of our Settlements. I have brought with me some reinforcements and your messages of encouragement to rile up the troops.

Vor

The page wouldn't load for me... Probably my internet! Just out of curiosity what the heck is space battles?!

It's a site in which sufficiently nerdy people create vs. debates between sci fi and fantasy characters. There's also random debates and creative writing and stuff. I think I'm going to join up, it looks neat!

I find it funny that he thinks Master Chief can out-tank Rhino, even with iron skin. He's vulnerable to his own 1960's era bullet guns whereas the demonstrably much more powerful Grineer weapons barely tickle most frames unless used in great numbers. An earlier poster thought that his ability to survive getting crushed underneath a 4-ton tank was impressive. A Tenno can survive getting hit by a hammer weghing over a ton, covered in foot-long spikes, and wielded by a 15 foot tall cyborg and not even have it breach the shield layer. (or get hit by an utterly massive bone scythe wielded by a 30-40 foot tall monstrosity and not have it breach the shields.) They survive getting hit with laser weapons strong enough to cut swathes of armored and shielded marines in half in moments.

Hell, depending on just how much the technocyte virus has modified them, they might not even have any vital internal organs inside the suit, being an infested viral mass like Alex Mercer.

Yep, Vor is confirmed as slowly becoming suspicious that Warframes in fact run on black magic since they can't find any conventional explanation to their powers:

I'm curious as to whom you are talking to. Also MC is much more of a heavy weight than rhino. I bet Rhino doesn't even weigh 1000 lbs. If he did, the wall running and acrobatics in this game would make even less sense than they already do...

It's a site in which sufficiently nerdy people create vs. debates between sci fi and fantasy characters. There's also random debates and creative writing and stuff. I think I'm going to join up, it looks neat!

I'm in! *runs off with a giddy laughter*

Nah, that forum always has server lag around this time of day. Try again in 6-12 hours and it should load just fine for you. Spacebattles is a forum where people discuss and debate all kinds of sci-fi and fantasy related things. 

If you do join, try signing up with the Spacebattles Warframe clan too. We're in second place a handful of points away from second place in the Storm Clan Rankings for the Gradivus event. (Ruk needs your help!)

I'm curious as to whom you are talking to.

Sorry, responding to ValhaHazred about Mikovsky's post.

Edited by Senteth

I'm curious as to whom you are talking to. Also MC is much more of a heavy weight than rhino. I bet Rhino doesn't even weigh 1000 lbs. If he did, the wall running and acrobatics in this game would make even less sense than they already do...

Weight doesn't really matter as far as durability goes. For a drastic example Carbon Nanotubes are a thousand times more bullet-proof than kevlar and weigh as much as a baby fart.

id17548.jpg

If Master Chief actually weighs as much as you are implying I doubt his ability to walk on floors and ride in vehicles anyway.

If you do join, try signing up with the Spacebattles Warframe clan too. We're in second place a handful of points away from second place in the Storm Clan Rankings for the Gradivus event. (Ruk needs your help!)

I'm happy with Pink Giant Octopus, but thanks for the invite!

Edited by ValhaHazred

How would Chief avoid the Stomp's after effects?

Miasma Melts everything not a above a certain level,Shed Skin is pretty much a Decoy.Do the math.

How would he know how to avoid the Bastile,so he would avoid it by running out of it's affected area?Besides the fact that he doesn't know how it's bastile even though having never seen it before? Hell it's effected area is far bigger than the average grenade.

How would he be unaffected by MIND.CONTROL?

How could chief be immune to electricity amplified bullets,there's still penetration and the Grineer are affected by it pretty well.

"Regular sword" yet I'm able to smash bullet proof glass with that "regular sword",able to cut bulky space marines(-fascists) in half with that "Normal Sword", why would a "Normal Sword" should be crafted in a high tech sci-fi Lab?

So?40% less damage and burns him alive at the same time.

You mean to tell me it's so simple as to "Break the ice" when you're frozen?You also have to deal with the cold,which does more than just slow you down.

I'm pretty sure he won't survive 6 serrated blade Null star particles.Also she has a gun you know

But it's(invisibility) pretty much VERY @(*()$ HELPFUL when you have super-agility and more acrobatic skills than a Chinese circus,still a charged Galatine in the back/front does it's job.And don't bring up other invisible foes,that's A>B>C Logic right there.But if that doesn't work,Radial disarm...or switch teleport while falling off a cliff

Ash:Same as Loki,only another alternative could be blade storm/shuriken.

Not sure how to respond to the Banshee one though considering I don't know how strong her sonic waves are,but considering the fact that everyone else is affected(even that giant hammer wielding cyborg,Kril) I'm pretty sure he won't do much before dying from the actual damage and distracted by knockback.

Mag:Yet she pulls everyone else just fine

Edited by Kefaljohn

How would Chief avoid the Stomp's after effects?

I'll give you that one.

Miasma Melts everything not a above a certain level,Shed Skin is pretty much a Decoy.Do the math.

WHAT MATH?! There's no way to tell what MC would be in warframe so how do you know it would effect him at all?! 

How would he know how to avoid the Bastile,so he would avoid it by running out of it's affected area?Besides the fact that he doesn't know how it's bastile even though having never seen it before? Hell it's effected area is far bigger than the average grenade.

It's pretty simple actually get as far away from the object the other guy just threw at you as if it WAS a grenade

How would he be unaffected by MIND.CONTROL?

As far as I'm concerned it's based on the will of the individual. I'm not saying he wouldn't be controlled I'm just saying keep an open mind about it. ha I made a joke... Also if you're gonna use the grineer or corpus also keep in mind that one is a bunch of ill strucken clones with half a mind and the other are a bunch of greedy merchants that are also all PROGRAMMED in the game to be affected by this ability!

How could chief be immune to electricity amplified bullets,there's still penetration and the Grineer are affected by it pretty well.

Who said it penetrated his armor, and plus grineer also don't have full suits so they could easily be affected by such an ability. And plus plus we were talking about volt who's only ability to actually electrify bullets is a one shield that some how only works one way?! I was referring to all of his other abilities that would have no effect on him anyway.

"Regular sword" yet I'm able to smash bullet proof glass with that "regular sword",able to cut bulky space marines(-fascists) in half with that "Normal Sword", why would a "Normal Sword" should be crafted in a high tech sci-fi Lab? Depends on if it's strong enough to go through titanium and a titanium nano fiber mesh underneath with a energy shield to boot.

So?40% less damage and burns him alive at the same time.

Once again we're into damage which we have no idea how that translates from game to game. If it were any sort of realism in this game alot of things that do work would not work anymore. IT'S A GAME there is no fair way to compare even if it is Hypothetical because so much of warframe defies the laws of the natural world such as flying through the air and then magically sticking to a wall like there's far on it or something...

You mean to tell me it's so simple as to "Break the ice" when you're frozen?You also have to deal with the cold,which does more than just slow you down.

When you're entire body is insulated within a suit that also contains a nuclear reactor that isn't just gonna frieze over with hydrolics in all parts of the suit then yes.

I'm pretty sure he won't survive 6 serrated blade Null star particles.Also she has a gun you know

Once again damage translation and antimatter technically shouldn't even exist in a plain of matter any way or it would immediatly explode.. *poof*

But it's(invisibility) pretty much VERY @(*()$ HELPFUL when you have super-agility and more acrobatic skills than a Chinese circus,still a charged Galatine in the back/front does it's job.And don't bring up other invisible foes,that's A>B>C Logic right there.But if that doesn't work,Radial disarm...or switch teleport while falling off a cliff

Being invisible doesn't protect from motion detection such as sonar! YOU'RE STILL THERE! You didn't cross into an alternate dimmension where nothing can touch you.

Ash:Same as Loki,only another alternative could be blade storm/shuriken.

Right same as Loki, pointless and totally not true. 

Not sure how to respond to the Banshee one though considering I don't know how strong her sonic waves are,but considering the fact that everyone else is affected(even that giant hammer wielding cyborg,Kril) I'm pretty sure he won't do much before dying from the actual damage and distracted by knockback.

We'll leave this one for the people that know how a sound wave actually can affect other things.

Mag:Yet she pulls everyone else just fine

Because they don't have magnetics in their suit?! Plus I'm pretty sure everyone else doesn't weigh near as much as MC. I'm willing to bet  the grineer don't even way more than 300lbs. Ofcourse we don't know because well... Warframe has never explained anything about anything. 

I can give you the facts of a spartan II and what they're capabilities are and for the most part, Besides the warframes with abilities to transcend space and time or apparently punch the soul of another person, I'm calling it anyone's game because hypothetically WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HOW IT WOULD END SO HYPOTHETICAL DOESN'T WORK... Because remember everyone if you're gonna get hypothetical then atleast apply the laws of physics!

Edited by Miose

Weight doesn't really matter as far as durability goes. For a drastic example Carbon Nanotubes are a thousand times more bullet-proof than kevlar and weigh as much as a baby fart.

id17548.jpg

If Master Chief actually weighs as much as you are implying I doubt his ability to walk on floors and ride in vehicles anyway.

But it's true master! Honest I swear... No wait I was wrong 1000lbs. My Bad everyone! Return to your homes there's nothing to see here!

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/MJOLNIR_Powered_Assault_Armor/Mark_VI

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_Program

Edited by Miose

I can give you the facts of a spartan II and what they're capabilities are and for the most part, Besides the warframes with abilities to transcend space and time or apparently punch the soul of another person, I'm calling it anyone's game because hypothetically WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HOW IT WOULD END SO HYPOTHETICAL DOESN'T WORK... Because remember everyone if you're gonna get hypothetical then atleast apply the laws of physics!

Debate doesn't really work that way. Both series regularly ignore realistic physics, but stay relatively consistent within their universes. Therefore we can use observed feats to figure out how good they are.

MC as defined by his books and games may be fairly powerful but the Tenno outdo everything he's ever done just in their trailers alone. Therefore they are the superior super-soldiers.

Debate doesn't really work that way. Both series regularly ignore realistic physics, but stay relatively consistent within their universes. Therefore we can use observed feats to figure out how good they are.

MC as defined by his books and games may be fairly powerful but the Tenno outdo everything he's ever done just in their trailers alone. Therefore they are the superior super-soldiers.

I know I'm being that guy right now but I just don't see it the same way as you guys. I'm sorry if I sound unreasonable but I just can't accept the fact that the information in the books MC is in actually follow the laws of physics or laws in general, so that side is penalized for it. I feel that if you're gonna compare atleast put the basic laws in place or go with one universe or the other. The tenno apparently have some different laws than I'm used to that make it possible to do suction cup to walls or completely ignore the sucking force of space when a window breaks, or even how a grineer shield lancers hit does more damage than a bullet. I just don't think it's fair to compare in their respective domains when the tenno clearly had an advantage of universal laws from the start. It doesn't make them better. It just means their universe apparently is more forgiving then Halo's or even our own. Maybe it doesn't make sense to you guys but I see no way to fairly judge a competition with different rules for each side.

Edit: well I accidently just reported myself so you guys shouldn't have to worry much longer lol..

Edited by Miose

I know I'm being that guy right now but I just don't see it the same way as you guys. I'm sorry if I sound unreasonable but I just can't accept the fact that the information in the books MC is in actually follow the laws of physics or laws in general, so that side is penalized for it. I feel that if you're gonna compare atleast put the basic laws in place or go with one universe or the other. The tenno apparently have some different laws than I'm used to that make it possible to do suction cup to walls or completely ignore the sucking force of space when a window breaks, or even how a grineer shield lancers hit does more damage than a bullet. I just don't think it's fair to compare in their respective domains when the tenno clearly had an advantage of universal laws from the start. It doesn't make them better. It just means their universe apparently is more forgiving then Halo's or even our own. Maybe it doesn't make sense to you guys but I see no way to fairly judge a competition with different rules for each side.

Edit: well I accidently just reported myself so you guys shouldn't have to worry much longer lol..

That's...kind of silly actually :P

I mean why would you say that their world is different thus they aren't as strong as we see they are/won't work against the other.That seems more like a way to handicap the other/both side than anything else..

Though props for avoiding some of the other things I heard on this Forum(especially the Spartan ambush thing) and there was some scientific reasoning(more than mine anyway XD).

Though yeah you got me on the invisibility point,what do you mean that the Grineer heavy units  and Kril are less heavy than 454 kg,or that a world of flame wouldn't effect or decrease damage at all for being "Gameplay",or the fact that a slash dash wouldn't cut him in half except for "it's a normal sword",you mean in the warframe world they still make swords out of iron/gold/silver?(Forgot I didn't specify the meele weapon too?).

And mind telling me how miasma won't work against chief,really,I want to know how something that turns something full metal into sludge won't instakill him?

Hell,you saw the range of the bastile?

I don't think by the time it activates chief will be able to get away.(Don't tell me, He gained flash level speeds in the book too?)

Edited by Kefaljohn

That's...kind of silly actually :P

I mean why would you say that their world is different thus they aren't as strong as we see they are/won't work against the other.That seems more like a way to handicap the other/both side than anything else..

MY point is that the laws that apply to one universe and don't apply to another is a natural handicap. If you want to give them the same rules then by all means compare them but saying the laws that govern the halo universe don't handicap them compared to warframe is like saying that Mario and all those pesky toads could kill all of the warframes and master chief by jumping on their heads like it was nothing! That's why it's so silly to compare them!

Though props for avoiding some of the other things I heard on this Forum(especially the Spartan ambush thing) and there was some scientific reasoning(more than mine anyway XD).

I try lol! :D

Though yeah you got me on the invisibility point,

tehe

what do you mean that the Grineer heavy units  and Kril are less heavy than 454 kg,

The problem with this is We have no idea how much they weigh!

or that a world of flame wouldn't effect or decrease damage at all for being "Gameplay",

Like I said I have no idea! 

or the fact that a slash dash wouldn't cut him in half except for "it's a normal sword",you mean in the warframe world they still make swords out of iron/gold/silver?(Forgot I didn't specify the meele weapon too?). 

Who knows? I don't but I mean more power to you if you do!

And mind telling me how miasma won't work against chief,really,I want to know how something that turns something full metal into sludge won't instakill him?

Idk you said it was based on lvl so it kind of confused me

Hell,you saw the range of the bastile?

I don't think by the time it activates chief will be able to get away.(Don't tell me, He gained flash level speeds in the book too?)

Weeellll I wouldn't call 65mph flash lvl speeds but I'm pretty sure it's fast enough to get a good distance away!

The truth of it all is that I just don't know a lot of things! haha

But still like I said I just don't see a way of comparing because this is a comparison between the warframes and spartans not the universes they live in but those universes they live in naturally come into play. So yeah if you compare universes warframe wins everytime because of the laws that govern it. Based solely on the soldiers themselves on one set of rules, I feel like it might come pretty close! 

I sincerely apologize if I'm irritating you but I'm actually enjoying this so I thank you for that at least!

I also appreciate your mature form of a debate even if mine wasn't! XD

I'm guessing nanotech adhesive for the Tenno, similar to the way gecko feet work. (not only do they run across walls, but they can also stop and cling to a sheer surface for several seconds, spiderman-style) Same for not getting sucked out of the ship when the windows break. (IIRC sci-fi in general greatly overestimates the ability of hull breaches to suck things away. There's a couple moments when the air all rushes out, and then the blast doors close and seal things off, leaving anyone stuck inside to enjoy the vacuum of space for a little bit before the covers drop down over the windows Most of the enemies are incredibly large and heavy, and I doubt that the roomful of air escaping would be enough to suck them out into space. Haven't done calcs yet though to confirm hunch, will have to look into that further...) Grineer marines are all cybernetically enhanced, often with artificial limbs. (their artificial legs are able to jump a good 4-6 meters straight up without difficulty, even though the average grineer should weigh well over a ton) I wouldn't be particularly surprised if getting whacked by one of them was more damaging/had more kinetic energy behind it than a bullet, particularly if the edges of the shield are sharpened. Ancient maces swung by baseline humans were capable of crumpling armor and inflicting greivous blunt-force trauma. A cybernetically-augmented strike with enough force to send an armored human careening backwards a few meters is more along the lines of getting hit by a speeding car than anything else. (and unlike getting hit by a car where the force is spread out over a wider area, the entire blow is concentrated along the edge of the shield)

Halo's laws of physics are also far more relaxed than Warframe's in many ways. This is the universe where the Forerunners build star-encompassing dyson spheres and shrink them down to only a few centimeters across, where hardlight is a thing, where FTL super-massive neutrons are somehow capable of erasing neural systems across the galaxy, where the Flood blatantly ignore conservation of mass and are able to convert humans into flood forms in seconds, where the Precursors exist as beings of pure thought claiming to be older than the universe itself, where the mere existance of keyminds is enough to fracture spacetime around them and where the flood is somehow able to 'infect' space and time itself, where covenant plasma is plasma in name only and operates like pure space magic, where Forerunner design seeds can construct multi-kilometer long ships in a matter of seconds, where the Gravemind can mindrape people and AIs, where the Forerunners gain virtually unlimited power generation by tapping into nascent alternate universes and draining them dry, where forced de-evolution is a thing, where indestructable Star Roads made of pure thought carve up entire star systems, and much more.

The UNSC has a veneer of reality about it, but it too has a number of physics-defying technologies, like slipspace, energy shields, artificial gravity, magical heat disposal systems for their warships, and many other things. They're actually not too bad in terms of sci-fi in general, but make no mistake, there's a lot of blatantly impossible stuff they do.

It's more a matter of the Warframes being relics of a civilization far more advanced than the UNSC that gives them the advantage here over Spartans rather than the laws of physics operating more in their favor than they do Halo. 

(not annoyed by the debate, it's fun. Half the reason I stick around the Spacebattles forum is to read sci-fi debates or participate in them)

Edited by Senteth

Halo's laws of physics are also far more relaxed than Warframe's in many ways. This is the universe where the Forerunners build star-encompassing dyson spheres and shrink them down to only a few centimeters across, where hardlight is a thing, where FTL super-massive neutrons are somehow capable of erasing neural systems across the galaxy, where the Flood blatantly ignore conservation of mass and are able to convert humans into flood forms in seconds, where the Precursors exist as beings of pure thought claiming to be older than the universe itself, where the mere existance of keyminds is enough to fracture spacetime around them and where the flood is somehow able to 'infect' space and time itself, where covenant plasma is plasma in name only and operates like pure space magic, where Forerunner design seeds can construct multi-kilometer long ships in a matter of seconds, where the Gravemind can mindrape people and AIs, where the Forerunners gain virtually unlimited power generation by tapping into nascent alternate universes and draining them dry, where forced de-evolution is a thing, where indestructable Star Roads made of pure thought carve up entire star systems, and much more.

The UNSC has a veneer of reality about it, but it too has a number of physics-defying technologies, like slipspace, energy shields, artificial gravity, magical heat disposal systems for their warships, and many other things. They're actually not too bad in terms of sci-fi in general, but make no mistake, there's a lot of blatantly impossible stuff they do.

Ha ha really? Was this Halo 4 stuff? I wasn't expecting that level of crazy bs!

Ha ha really? Was this Halo 4 stuff? I wasn't expecting that level of crazy bs!

You can thank Greg Bear and his forerunner trilogy for a lot of the crazy Forerunner/Flood/Precursor tech, ha ha. I haven't read them myself yet, but from what I understand he went a little overboard in giving the Forerunners neat toys, then had to create an even more hax civilzation to justify how they lost against the flood. (turns out they're actually eldritch abominations puppeted by a trollish Precursor and not just an infectious biological swarm, and that they lost 99.99999% of their crazy capabilities when the forerunners fired the halo arrays, destroying precursor structures made of neural architecture and leaving the vastly depowered flood you see in the games)

Edited by Senteth