Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Liberation is at Hand"

Supercilious_Bucket

- Liberator (Starcraft II), who'd probably have a better time doing this than I currently am.

Now I have nigh full confidence that this post will be ignored, looked at, then forgotten, or plain old "mark thread as read"-ed. But just because I have no one else to speak to about this, I'm complaining to you all.

A problem: I may not have the best computer to play warframe on, nor may I have a minimum-requirement computer to play warframe on. It doesn't matter; I've seen others complain about Liberating the Camp in the plains of Eidolon. It's a pain; first, you gotta eliminate "all" enemies in the large zone. Here's where the problem begins- you may have noticed 'all' was in quotes. That's because, even though the game believes you're getting all the marked enemies, You're really not. There are still Balistas in their towers, Lancers that wandered in the zone, and even possibly thumpers knocking you every which way.

My Proposed Fix: Mark every non-thumper enemy that's within the zone, spawned-in or not. This will aid players in not starting the Liberation at like 93%. As for thumpers... I can't think of a great fix at the moment. And stop making enemies in caves spawn in this mission type. That's annoying to get to, out of, and pretty much insta-fails the mission for anyone who doesn't know the cave layouts by heart.

A problem: The timer counts down, dropships are zooming in, drop pods are crashing down, you're rushing to get to each squad as they spawn in, aaaand you've failed. While the amount of enemies per drop ship/pod drop is ok, there are still an overwhelming amount of enemies crashing, landing, and just wandering into the zone. This might not be too much of a problem for squads, but solo runners are getting... well they're getting a run for their money. A run which they'll quickly fail, due to the tidal wave of Grineer Armor and Crashing pods.

My Proposed Fix: Scale the enemy spawns according to the squad size. More players equals faster drop ship times.

A problem: You manage to kill a few enemies, but you hear, from across the protection zone, "Get the Tenno!" You turn tail and get to the new enemies as quickly as possible. You're almost there. You start firing at the closest Lancer...

[Mission Failed. We'll get em' next time.]

My Proposed Fix: Either make the zone smaller with smaller squads (i.e. Scale the liberation zone with squad size), or make the spawns closer together. 

A problem: You decide, why don't I just focus on killing everything in one smaller area? Surely your kill speed can make up for the other Grineer running up to you to attack, right?

Wrong. 

After killing a lot of enemies in that one area you focus, you decide to cut down numbers around the rest of the zone. Except... there's no one there. Look in the tent? No one. Next to the-

[Mission Failed]

You keep looking, curious to see where the few enemies you missed could be. You find about 20 heavy gunners, all mushed up in a big Grineer Flesh Ball of Death, hidden beneath a bridge. To their left, a couple of flameblades and lancers caught on a small wall-like bump, running into it and getting nowhere.

My Proposed Fix: Make enemies more aggressive (if possible), or improve pathfinding. Please.

Last Problem: You've had enough. Instead of doing the same bounty over and over again, just to fail at the same segment, you decide to check out the other tents scattered around Cetus.

Ah, yes. Rescuing a Target. This seems possible. You go stage 1: Drone hack. Not too terrible, it's done. stage 2: Assassinate a target. You fail the bonus (never enough enemies to get the bonus. Never.), but you manage to take out the target before time runs out. This seems fun enough. maybe you'll even-

[Liberate the Camp]. "Tenno, I need you to-"

[Mission Complete. Welcome back to Cetus.]

My Proposed Fix: (Ahem)...

WHY DOES EVERY SINGLE BOUNTY HAVE LIBERATE THE CAMP AS A MISSION TYPE?! WHY? I LITERALLY HAVE NO CHANCE OF EARNING REVENANT BECAUSE THE RARE REWARDS ARE LOCKED BEHIND STAGE 4 AND 5, ONE OF WHICH, IF NOT STAGE 3, IS ALWAYS A CURSED. ANNOYING. IMPOSSIBLE LIBERATE THE CAMP MISSION! PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF RNG, PLEASE STOP WITH IT.

To those of you who bothered to view this feedback, and read/skip all the way to the end, thank you.

I will now re-iterate my belief that DE will not be seeing or acting upon this feedback, hence the informal tones throughout.

Again, Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Very entertaining and so, so very true. These are legitimate problems that I and all of my (not many) friends struggle with frequently. But the best thing? You already provided them with the answers/solutions already! Great job. Really, no joke. I really do hope DE sees this and fixes these problems. 👍

Archived