Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Exactly Are The Tenno?

LordBeeBrain

Okay.. so.. I've been reading a lot of speculation and whatnot about the Tenno and Warframes and whatnot. 

I've been thinking a lot about it, so I decided to make this for everyone to see. 

Going back to Dark Sector. 

Hayden Tenno (Confirmed to be the first Tenno) was infected by the technocyte virus which gave him rather extraordinary abilities and (the weapon we all know and love) the glaive. It is known that he cannot feel pain, so instead of being driven insane by the virus, he is able to control it. His arm becomes mutated by the virus, however. Later in the game, he obtains a suit of armor similar to Nadia/Nemesis' that looks extremely similar to the Excalibur frame. (Prototype perhaps?)

Anyway.. those of you who have played Dark Sector should know what happens.. So I'm not going to go in to extreme detail.

Fast forwarding to the current era of the game. Now we have the Tenno that we all know and love. Some of you argue that the warframes are a separate entity controlled by the Tenno from somewhere else, others argue that the Tenno are inside of the warframes. I'd have to agree with the latter.

If the events in Dark Sector are taken into account, then it'd only make sense for the Tenno to be inside of the Warframes, rather than for them to be separate entities controlling them from elsewhere.

Now I know there are going to be some arguments against this like: "Explain Nekros' skinniness, or Nova's neck" etc. etc. Maybe they are mutations caused by the technocyte virus. Each one different and unique to the Tenno. These mutations would be a deciding factor in which warframe a Tenno would wear.

Explaining how they see is easy enough. They probably have a holographic HUD in the helmet of their armor that allows them to see everything. 

The helmets CAN be removed, you'd know this if you played Dark Sector, because Nadia's helmet is removed after you defeat her as Nemesis. Also Hayden's helmet folds away to reveal his face. So, that pretty much explains that.

Um... I feel like I covered most of the things. 

This is just speculation... so don't yell at me ;-;

Feel free to add or say what you think.

In livestream 4, 0:38:20 on YouTube, Mynki says he has concepts of what the Tenno look like without their helmets on/without their warframes on. Obviously the tenno is inside the warframe, otherwise that comment would make zero sense.

Link for the lazies: 

This accurate sourced information is brought to you courtesy of my https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlsyEla_uEOUdERwRURQYnA2cDRUZnVDTlUtOW4tV2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0'>spreadsheet. Edited by VegetableBasket

The Tenno are descendants of an ancient and mystical civilization of lost warriors from the Orokin era on Earth. Preserved in cryopods for centuries, the Tenno now awaken to a new war, fighting and resisting warring factions as the sole bearers of the Orokin-created Warframes.  While the memories of the Tenno have faded over time, their mastery of guns, blades, and Warframe exo-armor has not.

Fragments of history suggest that discipline and chivalry are the cornerstone values of the Tenno: is this true today? The Tenno are emerging into a world unfamiliar to them. One sees a noble warrior, building his strength against an oppressive regime. Another sees an opportunistic mercenary, exploiting the Warframe's superiority for wealth. Regardless of their future, the Tenno stand united against a common foe, loyal only to each other.

also they say no faction has ever gained a warframe untill now , in U11

AladV all ready captured a warframe *cough* berserker *cough* and she belongs to the corpus so yeah she is kinda his servant in a way at least form the teases and rumors floating about form last livestream

The Tenno are descendants of an ancient and mystical civilization of lost warriors from the Orokin era on Earth. Preserved in cryopods for centuries, the Tenno now awaken to a new war, fighting and resisting warring factions as the sole bearers of the Orokin-created Warframes.  While the memories of the Tenno have faded over time, their mastery of guns, blades, and Warframe exo-armor has not.

Fragments of history suggest that discipline and chivalry are the cornerstone values of the Tenno: is this true today? The Tenno are emerging into a world unfamiliar to them. One sees a noble warrior, building his strength against an oppressive regime. Another sees an opportunistic mercenary, exploiting the Warframe's superiority for wealth. Regardless of their future, the Tenno stand united against a common foe, loyal only to each other.

also they say no faction has ever gained a warframe untill now , in U11

AladV all ready captured a warframe *cough* berserker *cough* and she belongs to the corpus so yeah she is kinda his servant in a way at least form the teases and rumors floating about form last livestream

Sounds like they're making things up as they go.