Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Objective Scaling

(XBOX)Earth Nuggets

I just did a solo Railjack in Veil Proxima (with anomaly) and the damn thing took me 45 minutes even with a decent loadout, so I was wondering, why is it that the objectives don't scale to the amount of players in the squad like how the open-world bounties work? In the absence of hireable AI, why not just change the amount of fighters, crewships, etc. necessary to complete a mission? This would be a much needed reprieve, especially considering the population of players participating in Railjack content has plummeted drastically.

48 minutes ago, (XB1)Earth Nuggets said:

why is it that the objectives don't scale to the amount of players in the squad like how the open-world bounties work? In the absence of hireable AI, why not just change the amount of fighters, crewships, etc. necessary to complete a mission?

No thank you. I absolutely hate the reduced spawns of solo survival, defense, etc... compared to the steel path. This would just mandate that you have a full squad if you ever wanted to farm affinity, resources, avionics, etc... in Railjack. Unless it's only to scale down already stupid things like excavators in the open worlds, why would I ever want less enemies?

52 minutes ago, (XB1)Earth Nuggets said:

the damn thing took me 45 minutes even with a decent loadout

I'll be frank with you just to show how much I oppose this idea. It took you that long because you don't have a decent loadout. The Paracesis alone should shave off 30-50% of that time.

46 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

I'll be frank with you just to show how much I oppose this idea. It took you that long because you don't have a decent loadout. The Paracesis alone should shave off 30-50% of that time.

Well, the sentient ship took me about 5-7 minutes, so that wasn't necessarily the issue. I have Sacrificial Steel equipped, so I'm at least getting some bonus damage. I did board all the crewships manually to blow the reactors, but I feel like I do those pretty fast. I use Khora, rush to the hack panel, cast Strangledome to deal with the mob, blow a cipher on the hack and then one-shot the reactor with Corinth Prime. I know I can use the big gun as well. I was not speed running by any means, I'll accept that.

My main gripe is the amount of fighters. They take me way too long to blow through, even using flux abilities and missiles. My guns certainly aren't terrible either, although I probably would have done better with a photor on the front instead of the pulsar I was using. The thought that if the mission had a ship killer base or commander that it would have taken even longer... it seems like way too much for solo play. I actually considered aborting the mission since I was afraid I'd be late for work, but definitely didn't want to lose intrinsics points or resources. Hell, if they allowed you to use navigation to do a tactical retreat to the dojo, so you could at least bank your resources and affinity, I'd even accept that. XD

28 minutes ago, (XB1)Earth Nuggets said:

My main gripe is the amount of fighters.

The fighters are what you breeze through, though. And are what you need to efficiently farm (and to have fun actually doing Railjack specific stuff). 

They are followed very closely by crewships if you use dome charges. The POI objectives take the longest by far. Go half way in, hack something, go all the out shoot reactor, etc... rinse and repeat 3-4 times.

If you're having trouble with fighters, manually blow up Tether with your guns, or use Munitions Vortex.

Railjack is MUCH easier now than it used to be, if you learn how to use the tools on a railjack and/or archwing these missions should be very easy.

This is the railjack loadout I currently use after the update since the guide I made that was linked earlier was archived and is now out of date.
(This is very overkill, you can focus on defensive avionics, hyperstrike, and the first 2 battle avionics on the left)

Spoiler

dbdcabe679.png

KitMeHarder already sort of explained the 2 by far easiest ways to take out fighters, it shouldn't take you long at all to clear the fighters if u shoot the tethers or charge up a munitions vortex with gunfire from your ship and repress the button to detonate it (my guide linked earlier I think has more details on this).

The things that should typically take the longest are crewships and the anomaly. For crewships you can take them out with front artillery, you can either shoot their engine while it is running and it will 1 shot the ship or you can use the front artillery avionic to boost it's damage allowing 1 shot body shots on any mission except Ruse War Field. The shields can be taken out with missiles like the tycho seekers, railjack turret fire, or on archwing I recommend a gun like fluctus that pierces through the ship and can take out the shields in just a few shots.

The anomaly is quite easy with the right equipment. I suggest a Mesa as by far the top choice especially if u have access to xaku's "xata's whisper" ability through the helminth system which on anyone will reset their resistances. Without those you can always just use the paracesis with the sacrificial mods that boost your damage to sentients or even something like the stropha/redeemer prime with the sentient mods aswell will just blow through with raw damage.

Archived