Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Ichor

Deathstroke2000

What's not good? It'll get you through most any content until about the point that melee becomes superfluous.

I never said it wasn't good, but compared to the Galatine it looks like a piece of garbage. Simple as that.

Poison Damage is not that big of a deal here - all melee weapons ignore armour on Charge attacks anyway. It is the "gimp" version of Poison; doesn't even do DoT like the Acrid's Poison Damage. And the Galatine has 3x against Light Infested.

I never said it wasn't good, but compared to the Galatine it looks like a piece of garbage. Simple as that.

wat?

No, good alternative.

It is not.

That right there was very misleading then.

If it's not a good alternative, that means it's not good. If I can use it until the same point I can reasonably use melee in general, it's good. We already know Galatine charge builds make other weapons look stupid, but that doesn't mean they're not good. Melee just falls off once enemies get to a high enough level.

Edited by Leuca

Poison Damage is not that big of a deal here - all melee weapons ignore armour on Charge attacks anyway. It is the "gimp" version of Poison; doesn't even do DoT like the Acrid's Poison Damage. And the Galatine has 3x against Light Infested.

Light infested are like cutting through butter with a hot knife on any weapon, really.

Only reason to use Galatine is for high burst damage and sustained DPS, but given the huge delay between swings, those aren't going to help you when surrounded by trash mobs. Ichor will cut through any Light Infested much, much faster than Galatine could do.

Edited by SortaRandom

Charge Speed is one of the easier things to mod.

People overestimate the slowness of the Galatine.

I have charged speed maxed out. I have a pretty good grasp on how fast the Galatine is or isn't, thanks.

It's slow for its damage on low-health targets, since its potential damage is completely wasted by the huge overkill. That's why it's by far the best melee on heavy and Boss units, but not nearly so on Light or Medium.

Edited by SortaRandom

Ichors do have something that Galatine slow pokes will never enjoy. 

Ichorcoptah !

It's only slightly slower than Zorens while it's DPS is just slightly below par of the Galatine.

So it is the perfect weapon for day to day use unless you are sitting a cryopod 24/7.

And yes I formaed the Galatine myself too.

Edited by fatpig84