Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Unbalance

ArchReaper95

My problem with the Soma is that it has everything in addition to damage. 

Accuracy? Check.

Large clip? Check. 

Reload speed? Not the best, but it will do.

Two polarities right out the box? Check. 

Recoil? What recoil?

Firing speed? Check. 

It's just so good it's ridiculous. My Grakata doesn't even have nearly as much damage but the spread is much crazier, without talking about the recoil.  

Are you serious? Soma comes out of the box with 10dmg. In addition to damage? 

Excuse me Altreia, but where were you when everyone on the thread was saying it had one of the best DPS?

The two polarity make adding damage to Soma trivial, compared to weapons out there that needs a lot of investment (forma, potato).

Edited by Kinperor

Excuse me Altreia, but where were you when everyone on the thread was saying it had one of the best DPS?

The two polarity make adding damage to Soma trivial, compared to weapons out there that needs a lot of investment (forma, potato).

People complain about everything, why complain when the devs gives us such an amazing weapon that doesn't require much investment.

Like it, use it. Don't like it. use whatever else. And when soma is such a good weapon, people would want to invest in it.

I got 4formas on top of whatever they gave + potato. 

All guns are effective, you just need to learn how to build it right.

I.e. i have my mk1 Braton "beginner gun" and thought hmm sense it's the highest accuracy bullet type gun in the game

then it could have the best potential with full serration and heavy caliber mod.

Heavy caliber lowers accuracy but sense the mk1 has %40 to start off with it makes it the best weapon to use it with.

plus the mk1 has another advantage and that's crit damage which = win,win.

I played a round with a guy on outer terminus and challenged him to see if his ignis could beat my mk1,

I took one side of the pod and he took the other and in the end damage dealt was me %63 and him %37.

That's a big difference and i know there are some variables as to what build he had and his short range but wow!

Wow!

How's life in your chocolate world?

about this again wrong information acrid and s.wraith beat the soma and as it looks like the sobek aswell.

and about the other quoted part a system of sidegrades where every weapon is equal just wont work in the long run

i see a system with constant upgrades more successful in future than a boring system of equality

of course its something different to have just one weapon to choose from rifles instead of lets say 3 good rifles that behave different but are in top tier

all i can say is wait for the next heavy gun (gorgon replacement)

I don't know much about the Acrid but the Strun Wraith is a shotgun type of weapon, which typically means that the range of combat is limited. The Soma has no disadvantages since it has a hight accuracy in all ranges, a big magazine and damage that favors crit effects. The Strun Wraith is also a crit weapon, so there is some kind of relation between the damage calculation of the soma and strun wraith. To summarize this: The current system favors crit weapons too much in my opinion.

However, i think that the Strun Wraith is a better designed weapon, because of having advantages and disadvantages! This makes a weapon unique and fun. The Soma is no fun weapon at all. It's the jack of all trades that should never be on the market.

Why would a system of sidegrade weapons not work in a long term? Why would you need tiers in weapons when you have mods and polaritys to pimp them up? Warframe is one of the few games that has very good theory crafting options. I think, with polarities and mods and different but balanced weapon stats there are enough possibilitys to create unique weapons for a player. It also supports to add new weapons one by one to the game (like it currently is) and not flooding in tiers (like it should be with a tier based system).

And the most dissapointing thing of the tiers is exactly the replacement of weapons itself. I love the design of a weapon. I have to replace it with a new weapon i don't like. Why? Is that fun? No.

Edited by bWild

I don't know much about the Acrid but the Strun Wraith is a shotgun type of weapon, which typically means that the range of combat is limited. The Soma has no disadvantages since it has a hight accuracy in all ranges, a big magazine and damage that favors crit effects. The Strun Wraith is also a crit weapon, so there is some kind of relation between the damage calculation of the soma and strun wraith. To summarize this: The current system favors crit weapons too much in my opinion.

Nope; the current system favors armor-ignoring damage too much. Critical mods are much more useful than elemental mods since they affect "base" damage, assuming that the weapon even has decent critical stats in the first place.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

People complain about everything, why complain when the devs gives us such an amazing weapon that doesn't require much investment.

Like it, use it. Don't like it. use whatever else. And when soma is such a good weapon, people would want to invest in it.

I got 4formas on top of whatever they gave + potato.

I complain because this weapon dropped a steaming turd on every other weapons that I've put work into, and that right out the box without a potato. And then it doesn't have any kind of limitation to its crazy DPS. Apart from the Acrid, every good DPS weapon trades range or accuracy for power.

Except the Soma.

I complain because this weapon dropped a steaming turd on every other weapons that I've put work into, and that right out the box without a potato. And then it doesn't have any kind of limitation to its crazy DPS. Apart from the Acrid, every good DPS weapon trades range or accuracy for power.

Except the Soma.

Every end game weapon you are going to stick on is going to have to be potatoed right?

From how I see the D2.0 threads, Soma is gonna get kicked in because elementals are gonna stop stacking with criticals.

Not having armor ignore or special ammo types would mean that this is only going to deal 1x while the other guns have special effects on each faction.

TL;DR: new patch is gonna nerf Soma in a way and buff the other weapons you love so much.

I'm talking about balance right now, not the nebulous and mysterious rework that might or might not fix everything. As far as we know, Soma might get stronger without armor to lower it's base damage. 

And regardless of what state Soma will be in the future, I will still question the design decision of making a market weapon this strong without any kind of real limitation to the crazy DPS. 

All guns are effective, you just need to learn how to build it right.

I.e. i have my mk1 Braton "beginner gun" and thought hmm sense it's the highest accuracy bullet type gun in the game

then it could have the best potential with full serration and heavy caliber mod.

Heavy caliber lowers accuracy but sense the mk1 has %40 to start off with it makes it the best weapon to use it with.

plus the mk1 has another advantage and that's crit damage which = win,win.

I played a round with a guy on outer terminus and challenged him to see if his ignis could beat my mk1,

I took one side of the pod and he took the other and in the end damage dealt was me %63 and him %37.

That's a big difference and i know there are some variables as to what build he had and his short range but wow!

maybe more enemies came through your side?! did you think about this?!

I don't know what happened there but Ignis and, the weapon under discusion in this topic, the Soma would kick your mk1's &#! so bad it would glich over the next 10 missions

Edited by nekrojiji