Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Liches still need a lot of work before they can feel good.

Alphas

Currently Kuva Liches still feel like three quarters baked.  They had the minimal amount of effort put into them yet they still feel like garbage and are hardly rewarding outside of being worth platinum if you get one with an Ephemera.  That being said they need some serious QOL changes

First of all: they should NEVER, under literally any circumstance, spawn on Lua or move to Lua.  That is, by #*!%ing FAR the worst planet to fight them on because there's just nothing to do aside from Exterminate, Capture, and Survival.  After that every other tile is absolute cancer.  Lua Rescue is a complete crapshoot with randoms but manageable solo.  Lua Disruption makes me want to pull my hair out, and Lua Spy/Mobile Defense shouldn't even be a thing and what do you fukin know, players get stuck with these three, garbage missions that they have to do pretty much on their own all because Kuva Liches are another #*!%ing island of content separate from the core game.

Secondly: Kuva Liches need to be integrated into the base Star Chart and Steel Path SC.  Kuva Thralls should spawn in every mission that the Lich inhabits allowing players to get progress in anything they do.  Each planet should retain their Controlled Territory tiles where the Lich has a chance to spawn.  This creates a healthy disconnect between fighting liches and just playing a mission with randoms.  Not everyone wants to stop what they're doing to fight off a Lich in every mission.

Thirdly: Liches should have beacons to call and summon them.  This can come from a number of sources like sabotage missions similarly to how the Stalker, Grustrag Three, and the Zanuka work.  Play a special mission to anger the Lich further to speed up the process without having to just hunt down Thralls non-stop.  This cuts down on the tedium of waiting for your Lich to attack.

Liches should also be integrated into Railjack as an optional mode.  Players should have the option to forcefully enter their Kuva Lich's hideout to take them on personally.  This would be a standard Galleon Railjack mission: fend off fighters and crewships, infiltrate the Galleon, and hunt down the Lich.  This takes the act of playing the Kuva Lich loop and moves the player from someone who is being hunted to being the hunter

Right now the Lich system is far too disconnected from the rest of the game and it's just another island of content that players have the choice of dealing with and that's just not a fun way to run this game.  Both Railjack and Kuva Liches need some more attention and integration into the core game because right now the only thing to do with Liches are to collect every weapon, max them out, get each Ephemera, and then never touch them again.  They should be an ongoing part of a player's gameplay experience.

I disagree with the first suggestion, but I strongly agree with the 2nd. Having thralls and Liches baked into the normal star chart would make them feel like they're more present in the world rather than isolated to their own special missions. I'd love to run into them during something like Sorties or while opening relics, for instance.

18 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

I agree with your points, but please, for your sake and DE's, tone it down a bit, we need positivity to have healthy changes in the game ^^

Although i understand your frustration 

I agree that positivity is necessary but when DE has a patent history of making content, pushing it out, and then abandoning it completely for something new I think we need to put our feet down and say "hey #*!%ers, fix this other S#&$ before you move onto something else like you did with Railjack"

1 hour ago, Alphas said:

I agree that positivity is necessary but when DE has a patent history of making content, pushing it out, and then abandoning it completely for something new I think we need to put our feet down and say "hey #*!%ers, fix this other S#&$ before you move onto something else like you did with Railjack"

Yup, In some cases it might be necessary...

Archived