Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe downloads duplicate?

Ryuurik

Question

I have warframe installed on my primary windows account. I tried to open warframe launcher through my secondary account. It reads it from the primary account path, but still starts to download new patch, although my primary has the update. I started to wonder why this happens, and will my computer lose space because it seems that its making a duplicate ??? Also, it takes a lot of extra time to process all that data before i can launch the game.

It's basic version, not steam.

2 answers to this question

My download just finished and now my SSD is almost full, making this a HUGE problem 😭

Why does it have to be installed TWICE in the same PC, although i try to use same path? I would like to someone from DE to address to this, because i don't know how else to solve this, but to delete all instances of warframe. However, this still wont solve the problem WHY this happens. It doesn't make any sense.

EDIT: I can't find the warframe from the list of programs at my secondary windows accout, making this even weirder issue. It seems that warframe has installed itself twice in my primary windows account??? 🤔😫

How do i tackle this issue ???

EDIT2: Ok, now i'm offically lost. I deleted warframe and ALL instances from my primary windows account. Warframe should not be in my computer, BUT it still exist somewhere and i can launch it from my secondary account. If i try to launch it from my primary windows account it wants to download updates that ARE THERE ALREADY!? 😵 WHY!? HELP!

Archived