Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Reward Suggestion

Equelz

Mission Reward Tokens

I'd like to suggest a token system for Mission/Bounty rewards. All 'basic' rewards in the drop tables would be replaced by a generic 'Resource Token'. This could include resources like Credits, Endo, Kuva etc. and the amount would vary depending on the mission difficulty/level or just be relative to the previous amount of basic resource amount in the according drop table. The tokens could then be traded for the basic resources. The value of a single token would have to be well thought out, but you could take current bounty reward as a scale. 

In Deimos lvl 5-15 bounty the rewards 1,500 x 3 Credit reward is about the same as 150 Endo and in the lvl 40-60 bounty 1,000 Endo is about the same as 750 Kuva. So the tokens could have a trade in ratio of 30,000 Credits to 1,000 Endo to 750 Kuva (or 30 to 1 to 0.75). Meaning the tokens would be worth 30 credits, 1 endo and 0.75 Kuva each and you would obtain 150 of them from the common reward of the lvl 5-15 Bounty on Deimos or 1000 of them from the common reward of the lvl 40-60 Bounty on Deimos.

This would allow for a huge increase in flexibility and it would feel a lot less bad to receive another credit reward because you could trade that in for any basic resource you currently require. And lets be honest you always miss one of these three basic resources (credits, endo or kuva).

Mission Reward Filtering

Additionally I would like to expand upon this idea and suggest a way to get rid of the rewards you don't want from the Bounty anymore. You would be able to select certain rewards in a bounty/mission before starting it and replace them by small amounts of the above mentioned tokens (scaling with rarity of the reward). It wouldn't have to be a lot of these tokens, but I just really don't need a 83rd Quassus Blueprint (example from the lvl 40-60 Deimos Bounty).

This would allow for a balanced way to get rid of unwanted rewards without screwing with the drop rates of the "good" rewards.

Your idea is great for us players, but then we'd only pick the fastest mission (capture probably) to farm specific tokens. The way the rewards are spread out right now, we have to farm different nodes for rare mods, items, or warframes. This means we're forced to play sabotage missions looking for cache, annoying spy missions, or really long salvage missions. DE wants us to play and devour every mode they've ever made in the game even if we hate it. 

On 2020-09-16 at 3:09 AM, (PS4)AccursedImmortal said:

Your idea is great for us players, but then we'd only pick the fastest mission (capture probably) to farm specific tokens. The way the rewards are spread out right now, we have to farm different nodes for rare mods, items, or warframes. This means we're forced to play sabotage missions looking for cache, annoying spy missions, or really long salvage missions. DE wants us to play and devour every mode they've ever made in the game even if we hate it. 

I get what you mean, but I didnt mean to suggest that everything is buyable with said tokens. I would only suggest the most basic resources to be obtainable from those tokens (endo, credits and kuva).

I think credits, kuva, endo, resources etc should stay in the reward tables as it is (altho some amounts need buffing in certain missions) but all one-time items such as mods, captura-scenes, ephemeras etc should be put into a shop where you can purchase them with tokens like that or some other currency. Its very unrewarding doing, well, any mission just to see you got another mod or blueprint you already have thousands of. Most of them sell for so low credit/endo its not even worth selling. At least the endo/credit/kuva rewards will, see use sooner or later for most players unless youve done too many Index runs in your time ;P

With the recent big update that added Deimos, the bounty rewards come into mind like OP mentioned. Do the highest tier bounty, get golden reward, and its a blueprint which is useless after the first... Cant even sell it for plat.

I also thought at one point it would be cool if some (or all) missions rewarded a random item from a massive universal reward table, so you could even get Scintilliant for doing something like starchart mission. But the chance for getting it specifically would be really (REALLY) low if the reward table was so huge containing more common resources as well from anywhere, plains, fortuna, deimos etc. It would be an added exciting thing at the end seeing what you got even if 99% of the time it was "trash". 

On 2020-09-17 at 2:22 PM, xombob89 said:

I think credits, kuva, endo, resources etc should stay in the reward tables as it is (altho some amounts need buffing in certain missions) but all one-time items such as mods, captura-scenes, ephemeras etc should be put into a shop where you can purchase them with tokens like that or some other currency. 

So basically, Baros's or Nightwave's shop of randomly cycling mods.

Archived