Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... there's this bird in Deimos open world...

Darena_Bryant

... and I feel like whoever designed it's spawn points and such were drunk or on some sort of drugs when they did it.

I'm talking about the Avichaea, in case it wasn't obvious. A required hunt animal that only spawns sometimes in one or two places with tracking, and almost never anywhere else. Despite there being a 'common' version of this animal, it's anything but common, rarely if ever appearing on the map. After many runs trying to find it, it has only spawned one per tracking point. And that's not the worst thing about it.

For whatever reason, the tracking path for this bird is insanely long and convoluted; longer than any other tracking path I've had to follow and harder to trace as well, almost going *under* the Cerebrum Magna which is the prime spawning point for tracking start points and lure locations. Worse, most of the tracking paths have lead inside of the Cerebrum Magna, and when you call the bird, it appears *above* the location... and doesn't show on the tranq gun scanner until you fly up there looking around for it. As far as I understand it, this goes against how tracking hunts are even supposed to work, with animals being unable to come within visual range due to terrain features.

I do have some suggestions for how to fix this issue though, and I don't think it's too much to implement, if anyone is even interested in fixing this mess.

One: Let the Avichaea spawn in more locations. In all my attempts to capture one, I've only had a hunt starting marker appear in another location other than the Cerebrum *once*. I have only ever seen non tracking Avichaea spawn once as well, and they were half clipping into the Cerebrum Magna as well. The bird is already a small target; making hunting it hard due to it not being easily seen with the tranq gun scanner, so also making it a rare spawn with an extra long tracking path seems excessive.

Two: Make tracking paths more visible. I find the concept of a semi-biological warmachine not having advanced tracking abilities installed in it to be kinda ludicrous. A Warframe is so far beyond any kind of modern tech that its pure fantasy ,yet a guy today in RL with some thermographic goggles could track an animal easier. The idea that all one would be able to see of an animals footprints are extremely faint, pulsating outlines is kinda silly. I feel like being able to follow the trail of footprints would be easier as well if you used something other than footprints; such as dropped claws, feathers, poop or other solid objects you could place clearly on the ground, instead of trying to overlay a texture on ground like Deimos'. I guess you don't want to imitate other games, but Monster Hunter does a great job of using small items to leave a trail for hunters to follow that can be plainly seen on any terrain without clipping. Might be an idea to take a page from their book.

Three: Adjust your ratios. The sheer number of Predasites you find on Deimos is mind boggling, especially when compared to all the other wildlife you find. The Cryptilex is supposed to be the 'basic' type that there should be millions of, but you find even those less than Predasites. Vulpaphylia are also surprisingly rare for some reason, while the Avichaea is so rare it's hard to understand how it exists at all. On a planet literally boiling with newly created life every few minutes, you'd think all the various types of infested life would renew themselves at a much more robust... and balanced... rate. So my suggestion is to take another look at the spawn percentages, and shift things around so, if nothing else, they make more sense. One my last run, for example, I caught nearly 50 Predasites, but only 10 or do Cryptilexes, about 12 Vulpaphyilia and ONE Avichaea. That doesn't seem right.

I don't know if this is just happening to me, or if this is the norm for everyone else, so I'm posting this here, hoping it gets a few views. I really feel that, if nothing else, something needs to be done about the Avichaea hunts, as the target spawns above the Cerebrum Magna, then can't get close enough to the call point to actually be seen by the person hunting.

Something definitely needs to be done about the Avichaea. Its tags were the first time in 6 years I gave up and just bought progression with plat instead of earning it myself, what with it having only one spawn point that does not refresh until you enter and leave the map.

Giving them more spawn points is the bare minimum.

Archived