Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List of bugs/glitches

KunoUshinawa

Just doing a large dump of bugs/glitches. I've been meaning to post them for a while, but with each hotfix I've gone back to make sure they haven't been fixed already. Lets begin:

Clearing a planet on Steel path doesn't always give you the rewards, which is why I've stopped doing steel path:

https://imgur.com/T7DI2Bp

Arch guns like to get stuck from shark-wing:

(at one point the Hydroid in the party used their undertow ability and their sticky arch-gun remained floating above them in miniature.)

And railjack:

https://imgur.com/jV7aHqs

Syndicate medallions in walls: 

(This happens on both sides of this tile)

Or objects:

https://imgur.com/E4Z2XWM

This effect of wall latching in the wrong spot on the infested tile set. It was hard to re-create, and on my screen there were about 8 lines of screen tearing and so much jitter it instantly gave me a migraine and made me dry heave.:

The "open blast door" segment of sabotage missions can be overriden at a terminal next to the locked door, you can walk to extraction but have to go do the proper hack before it will let you leave. The first time this happened it confused me that I could open the door since I knew it wasn't the right spot:

The night wave drop ship made me think some hydroid had infiltrated my mission and summoned the kraken at the extraction area:

https://imgur.com/xEB41OK

About 15-20% of the time mining nodes on Deimos don't have... nodes? er the blue pulsating points:

https://imgur.com/EJrHEIC

The necralisk entryway is constantly under enemy occupation:

https://imgur.com/RR5Ge7b

Token prices are confusing or just don't make sense, i.e. 8 tags for 1 token but just below I can trade 5 tags for 3 tokens? Also considering how common green velocipods are it just makes you go "what?":

https://imgur.com/tuQGM5q

ones I don't have pictures/videos for:

The fish in the orb valis are trying to evolve, I've seen them squirming onto the land and onto the fishing barges.

Deimos fish can spawn in and instantly disappear.

Fishing spears are no longer silent, they don't break Ivara's prowl visually, however as long as the spear is out of hand nearby mobs will run towards and attack you as if they can see you.

The Deimos birds often get stuck in the sky, like the Mergoo on the plains used to.(I don't know if they still do.)

Deimos bird calling points can be inside the cerebrum magna, and they usually don't spawn after you use the call successfully.

On Deimos, when tracking, the trail can suddenly disappear near a cliff wall because the quarry jumped(?) 20+ meters up to the top of the cliff. I was really confused and annoyed the first few times this happened until I figured out what was going on.

Mining nodes on Deimos can be in between the ground and the underside of the... uh... infested stuff and is therefore un-mine-able.

and last; the rarity of conservation on Deimos, i.e.:

Son will state "The rare and elusive white velocipod" but I have over 100 white velocipod tags and only 4 or 5 of the green/purple velocipod tags but he calls those "the most common type" Same with calling one of the cryptolids "plentiful" and another "rare" yet I find more of the rare ones than the plentiful ones? This is confusing when trying to figure out which ones you need to focus on and which ones you can see and ignore because they are common.

There were others but you already fixed those. Hope this helps.

I've had most of OP's bugs. Expanding on them a little:

Mining node target points will sometimes reappear if you mine another node and come back. Also, you can still mine the blank nodes if you hit the right spot(s).

Mining nodes trapped under gunk on Deimos can be seen if you back away a little bit. It looks like the trigger to draw the node (and possibly spawn one) is called before the placement of visual garbage, so backing away reduces the level of detail drawn, removing the garbage. It's still un-mine-able, but it might give someone else an idea for a workaround.

Schools of Deimos fish will despawn when you start fishing if you encounter them while just walking around the area. If you wait with the fishing spear out and don;t spear the first few fish that appear, the whole school will respawn pretty quickly.

Fishing spears breaking Prowl was mentioned, but also, capturing a conservation target half-breaks prowl, too. During the capture animation, enemies will become alerted and charge at you, but not do damage.

Animals inside the geometry can still be tranqed if you find where the object it's trapped in intersects with another object. As Ivara in prowl, you can wedge yourself into an intersection and fire through the geometry at the right angle. You can often void dash in as well, but this spooks the target.

When tracking on Deimos, tranqing another animal will remove the trail and possible call point. Basically makes the call point unusable.

Looter on Carrier is basically useless on Deimos. It breaks maybe 5% of the breakable stuff, since anything less than line of sight over 100% of the canister fails. Also, it doesn't break Vome/Fass residue (which is not doubled by boosters, as an added FU by DE).

The tumor node bounty with a cache inside the tumor sometimes takes a good minute to despawn the tumor garbage, so the cache can be interacted with.

Loot from the Deimos tree seed things you have to knock down will sometimes bounce off into Never Never Land. Also, sometimes the seeds will fall and be unbreakable.

Those annoying facehugger drones will ignore Khora's Strangledome.

Capturing a tranqed conservation target while in archwing sometimes makes strafing impossible until dismounting and remounting it.

Velocipods like to get stuck in the rivers 90% of the time. You can still tranq their tails, but it's a 40/40/10 chance they will slide cleanly to the river bank/fall below the river, but still reachable/fall through the world.

Any plans to correct the velocipods being the wrong skins? The greens are sometimes white, the purples are sometimes green.

The 3rd animal of any conservation triplet will simply disappear ~25% of the time. They can be tranqed, visible, and 2 feet from you when you cap #2, ,but gone when you turn around.

90% of breakable 'stuff' on Deimos has 1 loot piece that falls through the world, then respawns 15 seconds after the item was broken. Fly around, break some trees/nodes/casket things, grab the loot right away, then wait watch. Boop! The final piece magically appears after a few seconds. Not a huge problem if you['re on the ground with vacuum, but PITA when flying around.

All the non-"just shoot stuff with amp" pillars are bugged. The random one never gives loot, the claws do no damage, the drones take a month to kill anything bigger than a leaper, the mind control one spawns no enemies until you kill the friendly ones during the 3 seconds that the mind control pulse wears off making the whole point of mind control moot, the repel one will sometimes launch baddies across the map.

More Deimos pillar fun! Sometimes the enemies will simply spawn and disappear. Just poof. Usually happens if you start a pillar then leave without killing everything and then go to another pillar. So if you trigger the spawn accidentally by flying over, have fun with the pillars for the next few encounters. It actually teleport them to another pillar - you can tell if the glitch happens between two visibly close pillars as the enemies will come running for you from the other pillar.

And finally, I wanted to add that I've given up on reporting bugs because I can't get through 10 minutes of gameplay without encountering a significant one. It's borderline unplayable for everything but basic missions. Open worlds and Railjack are complete messes and I wouldn't have touched the game for the last month if I hadn't (stupidly) bought 2 boosters. Those run out tonight, which means it's been a month of this garbage. More importantly, it means I won't feel like I wasted the plat when I shelve the game. I'll pop on to subsume frames because of that awesome time gate (way to keep those engagement numbers up!), but I have zero urge to play beyond getting to a good stopping point.

Archived