Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Companion Gear

AreeSoothsayer

I recently recalled being told that the Moa's originally were to come with one of the installed parts having a weapon apart from the ones you can equip.

I'd like that to be done in a rework for all companions. Each companion, both Robotic and Organic, having unique piece of gear for themselves.

Like the Martial Arts moa. Since it uses kicks and such it could have an equippable weapon "Melee Legs" that could be slotted into the normal weapon slot. Allowing a player to choose to let it use melee kicks and such with melee mods or the regular weapon. Hard Engage would still hit and trigger the 3k overshields but instead of kicking it would fire all it's ammo in a 3x flurry until ammo exausted. The Melee legs would be tied into the Nychus model and wouldn't show up for any other moa. Just like skins made for 1 weapon or frame only show up for it while general use stuff shows for them all.

Each model of Moa would have equipment that could be equipped, not nessesarily a weapon, or the general use weapon that any Robot can use.

You could allow the Organic companions an auxiliary slot where a piece of gear specific for them can be installed. You could lift the attack stats from the pups and kitties into this gear, freeing up slots on the body, as well as giving each Breed their own damage stats. (I find it odd each companion has different health, shield and armor stats but damage are static) You could ignore the damage stats, keeping them on the companions, and use the Aux gear for the mods that don't affect Damage or Body. Including the "Skill" mods that take up 2 slots.

Yes, I have made similiar posts before and I will not give up until one of my ideas is seen as so good it has to be implimented.

inventing you can do it GIF by Houndstooth Media Group

Archived