Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interception Fissures Are Extremely Counter-intuitive!

Paragraph_L

Hello, returning player here! Been doing some relic cleanup with a friend of mine and I can't help but feel that Interception as a mission for fissures either needs some fixing or simply being removed.

I know there are workarounds to do them "faster" such as only capturing 2 out of 4 points, but that's not the point. Trying to not play the objective is very counter-intuitive and just flat out bad game design.

A lot of people don't seem to be aware of that completing the first round means you fail to open the relic unless you manage to get 10 reactant in that time - which on some tilesets seem to be rather inconsistent. And I don't blame them, it doesn't make sense.

Why not just open the relic if you complete the first round...?

The whole reactant system has been flawed for years now, its not just interception. Its even worse on excavation and disruption, but also happens on defense and exterminate from time to time. Only ones that seem fine are the really quick ones like rescue/capture but even then theres sometimes one person who comes a little late and you have to wait for him. 

Im confused as to why it doesnt just reward you with opened relic at the end of mission, why we have to collect reactant in the first place? At first I thought its to stop afk farming but honestly its doing nothing to stop that since you can just collect the drops after 10 has dropped (if they ever will). If its just there as a gimmick then why not increase the drop rate by a considerable amount? Why keep it at borderline broken level for some missions? 

4 hours ago, xombob89 said:

Im confused as to why it doesnt just reward you with opened relic at the end of mission, why we have to collect reactant in the first place? At first I thought its to stop afk farming but honestly its doing nothing to stop that since you can just collect the drops after 10 has dropped (if they ever will). If its just there as a gimmick then why not increase the drop rate by a considerable amount? Why keep it at borderline broken level for some missions? 

Bots and AFK'ers.

If you have to be human to play and collect 10 reactant, it reduces the spammers and farmers.

The reactant system as a whole I'm fine with. Interception is especially bad because on some tilesets if you hold all 4 objectives, chances are not enough enemies will spawn before round 2 in order for you to get 10 reactant. Thus failing to open the relic. Has happened several times to me on Interception because people don't realize capturing all 4 objectives is detrimental.

For missions such as Excavation I think increasing the radius at which reactant is highlighted, similar to that of Vitus Essence for example could go a really, really long way.

But DE isn't one to make changes to such mechanics "this late". So I sincerely doubt we'll see any changes to how fissures works unless there's a massive overhaul of the whole system, sadly.

18 hours ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

Bots and AFK'ers.

If you have to be human to play and collect 10 reactant, it reduces the spammers and farmers.

You can still afk it until the afk timers kick in, the reactant stays on the ground so long you can easilly wait until the end to collect all 10.

So its only making it harder for everyone who play it legit right now. If afk players is the only reason, I still see no reason not to increase the drop rates if they insist on this system. 

Archived