Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tethering needs DE's Help making updates far more safer

McBlowMoi

Question

Well there should be a way, to update WF via steam or separately for us outercontinental folks living in the other corners of the world at least via steam update so for those of us who rely on tethering could have a safer way to update without having the risk of waiting 1 week just to reinstall or reupdate the whole bulk of data, I remember I was having so much fun this past week then update came up and got stuck erased windows cache folder and suddenly boom wait for 30gb bulk to download, took me a week and its still downloading a new update 6gb tall at a quarter speed compared to steam servers. maaybe DE doesent want me playing warframe anymore. idk.

4 answers to this question

On 2020-10-03 at 4:57 AM, HUSTLER-PRIME said:

Well there should be a way, to update WF via steam or separately for us outercontinental folks living in the other corners of the world at least via steam update so for those of us who rely on tethering could have a safer way to update without having the risk of waiting 1 week just to reinstall or reupdate the whole bulk of data, I remember I was having so much fun this past week then update came up and got stuck erased windows cache folder and suddenly boom wait for 30gb bulk to download, took me a week and its still downloading a new update 6gb tall at a quarter speed compared to steam servers. maaybe DE doesent want me playing warframe anymore. idk.

yeah i remember when my internet got killed by a tree and i had to tether to my mobile phone to play warframe, not a grand ol' time. Thankfully i was lucky to only get little hotfixes whilst my internet was out.

i might be mistaken, but i read somewhere on the internet that turning off "bulk download" makes it so the launcher downloads the update as multiple little bits, so if it gets interrupted you dont lose progress. If bulk download is turned on it downloads the whole update as one big file (can result in faster download), but if it gets interrupted it has to start over. *Or at least that's what I read.*

Archived