Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

RAM usage

12 minutes ago, 32768 said:

Lately i noticed that RAM usage significantly increased. Warframe is using 3 gigs of RAM when i'm in orbiter.

Where is it reporting that usage? Task manager and in-game tend to give very different readings. What’s your normal/expected level?

What graphics levels are you using? Try turning them down and see if it improves.

• Something else to try: verify and optimise the download cache in the launcher. This can fix issues and clear extra junk.

What missions have you been doing prior to that? Many, not many? It could be a memory leak, but you need to give more information.

Personally, I am not sure what it’s meant to be. But 3GB doesn’t seem particularly high. Normally when there are issues it jumps to 8 - 12GB.

• Are you just short on RAM? 

I don't remember, some random missions. It's very reproducible, just load into orbiter and there will be 1-2-3 gigs of RAM consumed in in-game debug display. My graphics are at low, although i'm using new graphics engine, i don't remember if i started noticing this before i switched or after. I have 8 gigs of RAM total, i'm pretty this is included into crash report which i think i related.

Oh yeah, and there are sometimes significant difficulties with ending Warframe process. Either i main menu -> quit game or Alt+F4, Warframe process stays, it doesn't end. Window disappears, but Warframe icons stays in the taskbar and i often have to kill it in task manager. Although if i wait long enough, i think it ends eventually, but it might take couple of minutes.

10 hours ago, 32768 said:

i'm pretty this is included into crash report which i think i related.

That report number is only useful to DE staff. Players (which are the main people who will reply) cannot do anything with it.

10 hours ago, 32768 said:

just load into orbiter and there will be 1-2-3 gigs of RAM consumed in in-game debug display

Oh, well that display is pretty hopeless. It tends to show a different number to task manager. I have had the in-game display claim I was using around 2.5GB of RAM, yet I was actually using around 10 - 11GB (there was a memory leak). Compare the in-game display to task manager next time you notice it, see how they compare. Task manager is probably going to be correct.

Archived