Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status Suggestions @DE for revisions part 4

ttylerrocks4u

Hello Tenno,

I have gone ahead and with the recent Devstream and talk about revisions to status's I decided to come up with some Ideas. Please be aware this is an opinion and am looking for strong feedback. The list when it was made was to keep diversity in the sense a person could make differing builds for what they needed while also not necessarily making a certain build OP.

Status Changes

Status Duration Changed from being for pure duration to Status Strength on a duration

Status Strength Situated to 100% or 1 with 5 second Duration(duration is now fixed) Consecutive procs will not refresh duration. Once duration wears off 1 proc is removed Next proc resets timer. similiar to how a warframes strength, power, efficiency, and range is 100% but really is just 1.

Any effected value * 1 + mods

rivens are gonna max out at around 140% if we going by max value on a amphis riven

Rifle has 130% + riven (3.7)

Shotgun has 30% + riven (2.7)

pistol 60% + riven Acrid has 260%+ riven (3.0 increase Acrid gets 5.0)

melee 110% + riven (3.5)

Impact- (Stagger) CC

On Enemy: Causes target to flinch and staggers movement for 1 second and adds a 10% chance to open the enemy up to a Parazon finisher. Stacks up to 10 times.

Change to:

Reduce Enemy Base Armor by 5(capped at 50 unless effected by Status Strength) and staggers Movement for 1 second and adds a 10% chance to open the enemy up to Parazon Finisher. Stacks up to 10

"Impact to the body can be fatal"

Puncture-(weakened) Debuff

On Enemy: Reduces any damage dealt by 30% for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs reducing damage by 5% to a total of 75%.

On Player: Reduces any damage dealt to 30% for 6 seconds.

Change to:

One Enemy: Reduces any damage dealt by 10% for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs reducing damage by 5% to a total of 55%. Status Strength will Increase this to a max of 100% depending on status buff.

On Player: Reduces any damage dealt to 50% for 5 seconds Damage debuff increased by Status Strength

"A wound distracts, but is measured by how deep the puncture"

Edit: 90% max seems more in line now that i think about it.

Slash-(bleed) Damage

Universal: Deals 35% of the base damage per second over 6 seconds (bypasses Armor).

Change to:

Deal 35%(affected by Status Strength max 75%) of the base damage per second over 5 seconds each consecutive tick reduces effectivness by 20%(Unaffected by Status Strength)

(with Current Setup)1,000,000 per second Total damage = 6 million

"A fresh-slashed wound is the most severe, time heals"

Electricity-(chain lightning) CC & Damage

On Enemy: Deals 50% base Electricity b Electricity damage to enemies within 3 meters of the target and stuns them for 3 seconds.

On Player: Deals 50% base Electricity b Electricity damage to allies within 3 meters of the target.

Change to:

On Enemy: Deals 50% base Electricity Damage(affected by status strength) to enemies within 5 meters of the target( affected by Status Strength) and stuns them for 5 seconds. Heat generated strips 5% armor(unaffected by Status Strength). Max stacks 10 (Keep DoT)

so 10 stacks on a target with 100 armor be 36% armor strip.

"Electricity heats the body stunning it in place its defenses useless"

Toxin- (poision) Damage

Universal: Deals 50% of the base damage as Toxin b Toxin damage per second over 6 seconds (bypasses Shield).

Change to: Deals 75% of the base damage as Toxin(affected by Status Strength) Toxin damage per second over 5 seconds (bypasses Shield). Successive statuses amplifies this damage by 5% up to an additional 45% toxin damage. Stacks 10 times

"the poision took its tole getting worse as time went on"

Heat-(ignite) Damage & Armor

On Enemy: Deals 50% of the base damage as Heat b Heat damage per second over 6 seconds (increase by Heat mods, can be refreshed) while causing the target to panic for 4 seconds and stripping up to 50% Armor.

On Player: Deals 50% base Heat b Heat damage over 6 seconds and strips up to 50% Armor.

Change to:

Deals 75% of the base damage as Heat(affected by Status Strength) Heat damage per second over 6 seconds (increase by Heat mods, can be refreshed) while causing the target to panic for 5 seconds. Successive statuses amplifies this damage by 10% up to an additional 90% Heat damage. Stacks 10 times

On Player: Deals 75% base Heat Heat damage over 6 seconds.

"the heat seared the flesh rendering it more vulnerable"

*the nerf is justified by the change to impact.

Cold-(freeze) CC & Debuff

On Enemy: Reduces Movement Speed, Fire Rate, and Attack Speed by 25% for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs increasing slow by 5% to a total of 70%.

On Player: Reduces Movement Speed, Fire Rate, and Attack Speed by 25% for 6 seconds.

Change to:

On Enemy: Reduces Movement Speed, Fire Rate, and Attack Speed by 35% for 5 seconds. 1 proc per enemy (affected by Status Strength) Max 100%

On Player: Reduces Movement Speed, Fire Rate, and Attack Speed by 30% for 6 seconds.

"the cold froze them to the bone. Unable to move"

EDIT: Max at 90%

EDIT2:  Adding another effect: Enemies Effected by cold for longer then 10 seconds have a 10% chance of instantly Dying. This percent chance increases by  3% per second for a max of 25% chance of dying if they are affected by cold.

Magnetic-(Disrupt) Debuff

On Enemy: Amplifies damage dealt to shields by 100% and nullifies shield regeneration for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs increasing damage to shields by 25% to a total of 325%.

On Player: Amplifies damage dealt to shields by 100%, nullifies shield regeneration, drains 50 Energy per second and scrambles the interface for 4 seconds.

Change to:

On Enemy: Amplifies damage dealt to shields by 100% and nullifies shield regeneration for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs increasing damage to shields by 25% to a total of 325%(affected by Status Strength). Enemies began to attract to each other. Targets the closests enemy within a 2 meter range. Subsequent procs on enemies will keep pulling them together bringing in more enemies.

On Player: Amplifies damage dealt to shields by 100%, nullifies shield regeneration, drains 50 Energy per second and scrambles the interface for 4 seconds.

" the magnetic field attracted and nullified"

Corrosive(Corrosion) Armor

On Enemy: Reduces armor by 26% for 8 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs reducing armor by 6% to a total of 80%.

On Player: Reduces armor by 26% for 8 seconds.

Change to:

On Enemy: Reduces armor by 25% for 8 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs reducing armor by 5% to a total of 70%(unaffected by Status Strength). .

On Player: Reduces armor by 25% for 8 seconds.

"The corrosive acid ate through the metal"

Blast-(Inaccuracy) Debuff

On Enemy: Reduces accuracy by 30% for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs reducing accuracy by 5% to a total of 75%.

On Player: Reduces accuracy by 30% for 6 seconds.

Change to:

On Enemy: Reduces accuracy by 30% for 6 seconds. 1 proc per enemy. (affected by status strength) Max 100%. Additionally Enemy has a 10% chance to reignite exploding in a 5 meter zone creating a Knockdown.(affected by status strength)

On Player:Reduces accuracy by 50% for 6 seconds.

"The blast from the explosion shocked them. "

Viral-(virus) Damage

On Enemy: Amplifies damage dealt to health by 100% for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs increasing damage to health by 25% to a total of 325%.

On Player: Amplifies damage dealt to health by 100% for 6 seconds.

Change to:

On Enemy:Amplifies damage dealt to health by 50% for 5 seconds(affected by Status Strength). Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs increasing damage to health by 10% to a total of 140%.(additional procs not effected by Status Strength) With status Strength mods goes to 275%

On Player:Amplifies damage dealt to health by 100% for 6 seconds.

"the virus amplified the pain"

Gas(gas cloud) Damage

Universal: Deals 50% of the base damage as Gas b Gas damage per second over 6 seconds in a 3 meter radius. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs increasing radius by 0.3 meters to a total of 6 meters.

Change to:

Universal:Deals 50% of the base damage as Gas (affected by Status Strength) Gas damage per second over 6 seconds in a 3 meter radius. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs increasing radius by 0.3 meters to a total of 6 meters. Cloud procs Toxin similiar to old method except updated damage above.

"The gas harmless to non living toxic to the living."

Radiation-(confusion) CC

On Enemy: Attacks any closest enemy and will be attacked in return while dealing 100% additional damage to allied units for 12 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs increasing damage by 50% to a total of 550%.

On Player: Reduces firing accuracy, able to damage and be damaged by allies for 4 seconds.

change to:

On Enemy: Attacks any closest enemy and will be attacked in return while dealing 100% additional damage to allied units for 12 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs increasing damage by 50% to a total of 550%.(affected by Status Strength). Nearby enemies that are not being attacked at will divert there attention as well towards the enemy that is aiding you.

On Player: Reduces firing accuracy, able to damage and be damaged by allies for 4 seconds.

"The radiation caused mass confusion"

Questions

• Faction mods(smite, bane, expel, and cleanse.) and Rhino would work as they still currently do since they are multiplicative damage numbers. The details lies in balancing out specific numbers. This concept will take number crunching so its not to obsurd. I have provided that roughly a multiplier of 3.7 will alone come from mods( Riven and current mods in place). I think itll be fine considering that armor resistances are still applied against these values. So you could have a value like 1000% but that be reduced further by armor.
  • On the surface it seems complex. But lets assume(big assume) they did the number crunching for the values 3.7 is gonna multiply by and they dont break or make obsurd values. It would do multiple things that i did not mention but not limited to:

• Riven dispositions having more weight. IE a gun that has a disposition of 1.5(amphis) is gonna have additional damages on top of the rivens. IE weapons not played now are gonna get some action. This will disrupt the current meta of picking a weapon that does alot of damage while not just reversing the meta. Like a person would not go to a vulkar over a rubico/snipetron because of the higher disposition. It be roughly 1.4~(vulkar) vs .6~(rubico) status strength values so only increase of 70% to 90%.

• Status duration currently is pointless abit very specific purposes due to current meta being damage based. Enemies die to fast to apply procs or once the procs are reached in a matter of seconds the enemy is dead. There is no point or reason for a status to linger. This gives use to these current mods in place. Instead of being a duration based aspect it increases there effectiveness.

• The status changes do also keep in mind some abilities that might be tied to warframes that might generate these effects on a enemy. I want to grow on that concept cause that brings into effective a good balance too.

• The Status you have issue with:

• Punture with the adjustments is meant for a form of CC. I was thinking of making it more like slash to do a DoT maybe percent of health kinda like trinity and marked for death? But felt the reduce damage be kinda interesting like a opposite of DR.

• Impact in this capacity is not useless. Impact is now based on the mod shattering impact that reduces base armor. This does stack with corrosive or Electricity in this case. Less armor means more damage or less EHP! Also another note here. Not everyone has alot of base armor. You are gonna actually strip all armor on weaker units pretty quick especially units that have only 5 base armor. Gotta remember total armor and base armor are two different factors.

• Blast description is that of person being surrounded by sparks and cloud. Thinking maybe a breach surge effective honestly that has a percentage to activate. The concept I made though retains a type of Debuff while adding in a CC aspect.

• Corrosive is currently powerful with the heat/corrosive meta and them being multiplicative to each other. Currently this status isnt bad. However, we know heats not gonna stick around which is why I switched it to electricity since both elements are used. To compensate I gave you Impact change so you can still get your armor reduction. IPS is pretty common on a lot of weapons. However as mentioned it stacks with Impact too! A great example can be found here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcqx8sSxPBE

• Magnetic is suppose to be opposite to corrosive think of it one being for corpus one for grineer. I really wnated to make it unique though and though of a cool mechanic that is utilized and that is to group enemies. That way maybe a person doesnt want to have to mod for like a zaw(hunt) or use a ability that pulls enemies(larva, Ensnare)

• Gas needs this. It is so far behind and just needs its old interaction I think the numbers just need to be tweaked because from my understanding it was triple dipping into multiplicatives and thats why it was so deadly.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

There’s already a mod that does what your impact suggestion does.

There is no benefit to Puncture damage reducing enemy damage output. Because you know what reduces their output even more? Killing them. Also Impact currently staggers them at which point they aren’t attacking you therefor their damage output is 0.

problem is you cant have all statuses that are gonna do damage. There needs to be CC, Debuff, and Damage. Also yes there is a mod that does what the suggested impact does. But the problem is the current meta demands to much of certain 60/60, melee damage, crit chance, crit damage, blood rush, and weeping wounds to be able to slot shattering impact. So I proposed to make impact good by adding this feature.

1 hour ago, ttylerrocks4u said:

problem is you cant have all statuses that are gonna do damage. There needs to be CC, Debuff, and Damage. Also yes there is a mod that does what the suggested impact does. But the problem is the current meta demands to much of certain 60/60, melee damage, crit chance, crit damage, blood rush, and weeping wounds to be able to slot shattering impact. So I proposed to make impact good by adding this feature.

Well your removing the thing that currently makes impact a better version of puncture and not doing anything for puncture.

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well your removing the thing that currently makes impact a better version of puncture and not doing anything for puncture.

No look at what I wrote for impact....I had you keep your CC i simply added in the additional aspect. So your gonna get a stagger and a armor strip. The problem is a stagger in the grand scheme of things and even from your own comment is this meta stuff just dies. So we are at a point that statuses are gonna only be useful to how they help us kill an enemy I believe impact right now with just a stagger is not enough so I added a armor strip mechanic on top of it.

Puncture is in a weird spot just because it goes into the grand scheme of things as well everything is gonna die before your apply statuses or youll apply your 10 and then its dead. So question is what do we give puncture to keep it in tact with being a Debuff but also useful. Now you have to keep in mind IPS or Impact, Puncture, and Slash are most common form of damage they are all 3 on a majority of weapons. With the weapons themselves sometimes leaning towards one of the three. 

Right now it prevents damage up to 75%. I proposed to raise this up to 90% kinda like how DR on us prevents us from taking 90% of the damage. So its definitely a nice play while keeping the current aspect in check. Also Keep in mind too we cant just talk about one particular element at least with IPS because chances are your gonna proc all three on a single enemy in some capacity. So what are we left with from my proposals. We strip base armor and stagger, We then create a debuff of damage output, and then we proc a DoT that is doing damage. To me that sounds like a crippling thing or concept.

So if we go back to puncture the ability in its all forms and intensive purposes will have to be some debuff of sort. Which is why I proposed adding a new mechanic called Status Strength so you can increase the strength of a particular status. Thats where its gonna shine the most cause if you truly want to go to a max concept of this you are gonna be doing alot of damage. Especially if you consider the fact thati proposed raising the debuff to 90% that means alot of frames that are squishy that maybe wanna have a alternative means of survival outside there kit or mods can now lean onto weapons to compensate and provide them with a opportunity to avoid further damage. I essentially made puncture a 90% DR on max stacks in sense. So dont just focus on the single status you have to focus on the whole thing.

Archived