Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Augment Idea

Hearthwoodgamer

Nidus already has some decent augments, especially the one that increases his max stack capacity, but nothing mind boggling. Some parts of his abilities are affected by stack count as well, those being the damage for both his 1 ability and the maggots of his 4, but those are the only things affected. I think an interesting augment idea would be "Endless Mutation". It would have a downside being that Nidus would start out with everything about him halved. His health, health regen, amour, ability; strength, range, duration, and efficiency. (Except maybe movement speed, that remains unaffected.) However the positive effect of this augment is that all of those stats would increase by 2.5%(base: meaning before the augment halved everything) per stack of mutation. This means he is less suitable for shorter missions, but on missions where you are going for 30min+, like hard survival for the materials and for fun. He would be great. At base max stacks (100), everything about him would be increased by 250%. All the stats I listed above. If you included his other augment which increases that cap to 300 max stacks, you could get him up to 750% times all his base stats (specifically: health, health regen, amour, ability; strength, range, duration, and efficiency). This would take a lot of time but would be invaluable on very long endurance runs. I think that it could be fun for people who love to tough it out for very long periods of time. What are your guys thoughts?

2 hours ago, Hearthwoodgamer said:

Nidus already has some decent augments, especially the one that increases his max stack capacity, but nothing mind boggling. Some parts of his abilities are affected by stack count as well, those being the damage for both his 1 ability and the maggots of his 4, but those are the only things affected. I think an interesting augment idea would be "Endless Mutation". It would have a downside being that Nidus would start out with everything about him halved. His health, health regen, amour, ability; strength, range, duration, and efficiency. (Except maybe movement speed, that remains unaffected.) However the positive effect of this augment is that all of those stats would increase by 2.5%(base: meaning before the augment halved everything) per stack of mutation. This means he is less suitable for shorter missions, but on missions where you are going for 30min+, like hard survival for the materials and for fun. He would be great. At base max stacks (100), everything about him would be increased by 250%. All the stats I listed above. If you included his other augment which increases that cap to 300 max stacks, you could get him up to 750% times all his base stats (specifically: health, health regen, amour, ability; strength, range, duration, and efficiency). This would take a lot of time but would be invaluable on very long endurance runs. I think that it could be fun for people who love to tough it out for very long periods of time. What are your guys thoughts?

The math on this would be that base(no mods) Nidus at rank 30 (with this augment) would start out with 150 armor, 50 energy, 75 health, and 50% ability strength, range, duration, and efficiency. At normal cap of 100 stacks he would have 900 armor, (50% base + 250% base at max stacks = total of 300%), 300 energy, 450 health, and 300% ability strength, range duration, and efficiency. Since the game has a thing where an ability cannot cost less than 1/4 of the original cost, the efficiency doesn't really matter. When combined with his Abundant Mutation augment (gives him max 300 stacks), he could achieve (again, without any mods), 2,400 armor, 800 energy, 1,200 health, and 800% ability strength, range, duration, and efficiency.

The specs on this (at 100 max stacks) would be (ignoring efficiency and the multiplicative damage already attributed to his 1 and the maggots of his 4), thus: Ability 1 does 600 damage, and has an ability range of 48m. Ability 2 would have a range of 36m and a duration of 10 sec (it would be 21 but I feel that is too long so it will be maxed at 10).  Ability 3 would have a range for allies of 120m, a range for enemies of 60m, a duration of 180 sec, a damage redirection of 150%, and an allied ability boost of 75%. His 4 would have an explosion radius of 12m, a maggot rupture damage of 450, a heal rate of 60 health per sec, and a duration of 120 sec. 

At max cap of 300 stacks the specs would be (ignoring efficiency and the multiplicative damage already attributed to his 1 and the maggots of his 4), thus: Ability 1 does 1,600 damage, and has an ability range of 128m. Ability 2 would have a range of 96m and a duration of 10 sec (it would be 56 but I feel that is too long so it will be maxed at 10).  Ability 3 would have a range for allies of 320m, a range for enemies of 160m, a duration of 480 sec, a damage redirection of 400%, and an allied ability boost of 200%. His 4 would have an explosion radius of 32m, a maggot rupture damage of 1,200, a heal rate of 160 health per sec, and a duration of 320 sec. 

Again this is at the absolute maximum of his power. At that stage you should be well over an hour into a mission, probably survival, against enemies over level 100+. This is absolute endgame. And of course, you can stack all the mods you want, considering this only takes up two slots, 1 for Abundant Mutation and 1 for Endless Mutation. Hope you enjoy the idea of this god like Nidus as much as I do, see the math really did it for me.

Archived