Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extreme memory usage and lag

Neruvatar

I don't know what's wrong. This week, my warframe has been eating up 80% of memory when I run it. Everything lags. I never had this problem before in my previous 590 days of playing. And I only have one game on my computer. No programme is running behind.. Truly frustrated! 

4 minutes ago, Neruvatar said:

Checked. Nothing is wrong...... 😔 

Do you use an anti-virus software by chance? Had any updates to it recently? A shot in the dark since anti-virus software sometimes interferes and causes issues. Same thing happened to people with Monster Hunter World a few months back.

On 2020-10-25 at 12:46 AM, Numerikuu said:

Do you use an anti-virus software by chance? Had any updates to it recently? A shot in the dark since anti-virus software sometimes interferes and causes issues. Same thing happened to people with Monster Hunter World a few months back.

I have an anti-virus, but I didn't use it or update it recently. It is not the entire Warframe that is lagged though. Before the log-in page, the loading takes more than 1 minutes. After logging it, there is a micro lag to load the orbiter (I guess it's fine). Then the horror begins when I click the 'Navigation' tab. The lag is horrendous. The screen freezes, and after a while the planets burst into view. When selecting a game to play, the loading takes so long. At one point when I landed on the planet, my fellow squadmates have already completed the mission and waiting for me at the extraction. The lag continues in the game, too. I used Rhino, and when I use '2', the screen freezes momentarily and resume with irregular pulses of lag. 

Edit: I found out it might not be RAM issue, despite my topic heading above

It's so sudden! Ping was normal, RAM was 1.4 MB, FPS was normal too.

i think, the latest patches broke something. I never had a single framerate problem before, and after 1 patch, i had HUUUGE framerate problem, sometimes it got so bad it was unplayable during a mission. But now they seem to have fixed this, but only partially, as i still get slowdowns but not as worse!

my PC is more than able to run everything maxed out without any FPS drop normally. i5 9600k, Geforce 1070 8gb, 32gb DDR4-3200, good fast SSDs (not those cheap Kingston crap and the likes) nothing overheat, nothing's dying, and i don't have millions of things running in background.

Archived