Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Fan Concept: Charkiza Revisit

Kryloc

Took me a while to get back around to revisit this design and add stats.  I have some other warframe designs as well on the way, a Fossil themed warframe, a Gravity themed warframe, an orokin transference ghost frame, a Kuva Huntress frame, and a Mad scientist Amalgam warframe.  Hope you enjoy!!!    

nO9m7V8.jpg

i6Uy3tY.jpg

20 minutes ago, Kryloc said:

Took me a while to get back around to revisit this design and add stats.  I have some other warframe designs as well on the way, a Fossil themed warframe, a Gravity themed warframe, an orokin transference ghost frame, a Kuva Huntress frame, and a Mad scientist Amalgam warframe.  Hope you enjoy!!

My question: why is a specific frame required? It seems to do nothing except spawn companions. What is the synergy between the pets? How does having multiple positively/negatively impact the summons?

With the information in the post it just seems like they would be better as unique pets, and the frame not used. So, four new pets, no frame.

@Kryloc Saw the first version and I got to say the art improved a lot. The kit however has a few problems, mostly out of wack numbers. 

First off - armor does not scales per level ( unless you are nidus ). There is a standard level scaling for health , energy anf shields. Using rhe base stats you are using it should be health 75 to 225 , shields 100 to 300 and energy 100 to 150. 

1. 500 hp "iron skin" is really weak , compare.to Iron skin with like 5k baseline. Personally I would just change it to gives 500 shields and converts 10 % of the damage to shields into energy effect ends after 15 seconds or after a shield gate.

2. The damage buff is to strong , the reference we have for the kind of buff is fury clocking in at 350 weapon damage , if memory serves me well. Getting 500 % with base power STR is too much. Capping the buff is also unprecedented , as far as I can Recall no damage buff has a cap , only defensive buffs have caps to prevent invunerability.

The second problem is internal balance , the summoned form has no chancr to compete with the armor form since you are putting non scaling damage agaist a really strong damage buff. At least give the dog some utility like armor strip on hit or healing Charkiza per enemy hit.

3. Fine

4. The health reset mechanic is probably to strong given the precedent of phones renewal Oberon can only do that with 90 seconds cool down per self revive. The acid aura part fall if hard due to lack of status chance.

A general problem with the pets is they don't have energy health to survive ( look at how much health and ways to increase health both rumblers and wuclone have ). 

The second problem with the kit is timer kit ( same issue with Chroma ) , the gameplay related to skill mostly boils down to watching timers and recasting. The issue is not is bad is Chroma due to the nature of the buffs requering more player agency but it is still there. 

Overall I think the basic idea of the frame is frankly amazing , the art is really good too. It just needs a bit of polish in the gameplay. 

Personally I would rework her with the fallowing framework. Each skill has 3 parts. On summon effect , lasting effect on the field , lasting effect on equip for example. The third skill

3. Arachna

On Summon: tethers all enemies on a 15 meters radius from arachna and pulls them towards her. These tethers will transmit the effects of other summoned creatures by Charkiza.

On field: attacks enemies with a constant stream of spider webs slowing them down. Lobs a web mine periodically that tethers enemies. ( reduced the numbers of effects because there are 4 summons here , so outside of 4th one you should try to keep thing simple )

Armorboud: grants a bullet jump , wall and reload speed bonus ( tought bullet jump and wall latch where more spider like ).

Tap will summon the best 

Hold Will equip or unequip the best. 

If you tap while you have the best equipped , you will summon it again on the target position. (Doing this has a energy discount based on the remaining duration )

Btw you should fallow your own topic to get a notification whenever someone coments on your post.

Also did you know your concept ( the first version ) was featured in Rahetalius concept check out ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-10-27 at 2:49 AM, krc473 said:

My question: why is a specific frame required? It seems to do nothing except spawn companions. What is the synergy between the pets? How does having multiple positively/negatively impact the summons?

With the information in the post it just seems like they would be better as unique pets, and the frame not used. So, four new pets, no frame.

i love this idea its exactly what a summoner frame should be, id suggest adding a passive to the third that makes enemies attack it more as it looks like it would be a tank summon.

Archived