Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

CONCEPT: Corpus Apex

TCT2019

I had an idea. Everyone knows about Kuva Liches and Grineer Kuva weapons, right? WELL: what if the Corpus, being the money-grubbing opportunists that they are, managed to steal a batch of Kuva from a Grineer cargo vessel? After some experimenting, they discovered that fusing the Kuva with the material Hexanon created a stabilized version of Kuva, dubbed "Kuvex Serum". When this new serum is injected into the body of a  *ahem* "willing Corpus participant", it transforms them into the perfect counter of the Grineer Lich: the Corpus Apex.

Farming for Apex's would work a bit differently, for variety's sake. Instead of hunting down murmurs and Thralls, special Ospreys would spawn in Apex controlled levels. These Kuvex Ospreys would come equipped with special cargo containers that contain a variety of special goodies ripe for the taking, including the rare Granum Sigil. Kuvex Ospreys would have a 50% chance to drop any random rare material when destroyed, a 35% chance to drop high amounts of Oxium (1-2 hundred, making it a MUCH simpler and faster way to farm Oxium) and a measly 15% chance of giving you the Granum Sigil.

Farming for murmurs and getting the 3 requiem mods is how you take down a Kuva Lich. Farming for a total of 5 Granum Sigils is all you'd need to bring down a Corpus Apex, and you wouldn't even need to guess the order. HERE'S THE CATCH: Apex missions are particularly high leveled, meaning lots of tough enemies. That, and there's no guarantee that Kuvex Ospreys will even spawn, unlike Kuva Thralls that ALWAYS spawn in groups of about 10 or so. If you find and collect a Granum Sigil and die at any point afterwards, before safely extracting, that sigil data will corrupt and become USELESS. This adds a bit of a consequence for recklessness, and a game-play balance for the sigils not being as grindy as murmurs are.

And I'm still not done! What if you could have a Kuva Lich AND a Corpus Apex active at the same time? They could even take over the same planets at the same time like in crossfire missions. Very rarely, you'd actually have a crazy slim chance for a Lich and an Apex spawn in the same mission! If this happens, the two would exchange dialogue, egging each other on, and all the enemies would drop what they're doing, ignoring you completely, and go to cheer on their respective champions, as the Apex and Lich would immediately go at each others throats! There could even be a fun little minigame of sorts where all the players currently in that game could bet credits, platinum and even mods on whichever side they choose, winner taking all. Can you imagine how fun it would be to just kick back, relax a bit, and watch two juggernauts absolutely demolish each other like that? And better yet, there would be a minuscule 3% chance that the loser is weak enough to be finished off WITHOUT NEEDING MURMURS OR SIGILS, essentially giving you a free kill or conversion.

I feel like this idea would make the world of Warframe feel even more alive than it already is. I mean, the two primary factions will already slaughter each other for any reason they can get, and I think an Apex and a Lich meeting on the same planet would make MORE than enough of a reason to kill each other. XD

Oh, also it'd be a way to give Corpus weapons Apex variants. The Grineer having Kuva weapons is cool and all, but I feel the Corpus weapons are getting left behind a bit.

DE, let's fix that, shall we? Give the Grineer a run for their money! BRING FORTH THE APEX!

Archived