The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Performance Varies Too Much

(PSN)f_r_e_e_b_i_e_bg

Yes, PS4 is old hardware. Let's get that out of the picture.

When playing solo or with 2 sometime 3 people it can run well (solo it's rather smooth). When 4 people show up and specifically on some maps it becomes awfull. Screen tear, slowdowns, lag (not only due to connection), low FPS, hic-ups (mostly due to people joining etc.).

Deimos bounties have this happen very often. 4 people in with a very active vfx heavy wf's and it's terribly exprience.

Oberon with his ability that makes the ground coloured destroys perfromance like almost no other. It also looks very out of place (there I say straight up ugly) - causes a lot of specific objects to find or aim at hard.

Some of the new upgarded visual changes to other maps - like that long corpus defense in sorties, where enemies get suck everywhere and takes forever, just destroyes performance as well.

There is a lot of places with these issues or wf abilities causing them. Having a full party with decent fps is almost non-existent for me.

I know you can make some "visual" sacrifices so WF runs better. Pretty please look into it or at least give us more slider options to turn down.

Can live without some fancy flashy visuals.

p.s. for the sake of my eyes and the eyes of many others - a repeative request - turn down the intensity level of bright/darkk lights. I know there is/still is complains about it. People with more sensitive eyesight struggle a lot. Deimos have a lot of those issues. Having an action intesive fight there is the epithome of wtf is going on.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Yes, I definitely notice that when someone loads into a mission, my screen freezes or significantly slows with really choppy fps for probably 15 secs or so, which is you have three people load in on you, can end up being most of the mission. Phorid assassination that situation happens a lot, since it's generally a very quick mission, 90% of it is spent loading in is I'm joining, or choppily running and freezing through the map as others load in.

When I myself load in, timers and enemies have control long before I do, and I've been killed or failed missions from this situation many times (ESO specifically I lose so much time from being kicked around hosts, or high level defense, where enemies can chop at defense target's health really quickly if you're just standing there, and I end up failing.)

Also, the lights on maps are generally pretty good but in the orbiter the lights are stupid bright. I can't put up the drawings you get from the Nidus BP Quest because you literally can't see anything on them, they are blinding white, even turning off/down bloom and light effects in options doesn't effect it enough to make a difference and I've played with every setting available on PS4 to try to fix it. Flat decorations (like posters) in the orbiter glare like no one's business. A few warframe skins, posters and prex cards are effected too, maybe changing the texture of the objects would help. In context the lights don't seem too bad, but the glare on certain glossy objects makes it impossible to use some decorations.

Archived