Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Colour Picker A Is So Wrong After Update 6.4

Disthe

I can't stand the 6.4 version turns the colours into some duller and darker hue.

Argh! CRAP is the first word came out from my mind. Sorry, I'm a bit cross but I feel like being cheated.

"You bought a Windows 7 and feel good using it, until one day it suddenly turns into Windows 3.1......"

I know devs ready to divide color into more packs for sale. Deteriorate the goods u had sold to boost new goods?

That's just too mean.

Seriously, may I ask Customer Service for refund?

Currently I think the best solution would be refund the color picker unlocks, Add color picker B with the brighter colors for the same price as color picker A.

-------------------------------------

We had accidentally swapped a color picker in the data. We were in a crappy place where people noticed the bug and said "What the hell, give me my old colors back" vs. "I want the new (accidental) one." We went with our original intention (the original scheme).

I will see what we can do on Monday to fix this up for both camps.

Edited by Disthe

The current dull color is actually dated pretty far back I think (not sure; only started playing last Dec.), which was updated to the brighter colors only after 6.3 (ish, again not too sure). After today's hotfix patch, some people who liked the dull colors (who kept their dull colors even though they were no longer available after the update to the brighter ones) had their colors switched to the bright counterparts, and thus were complaining on the 6.4 hotfix thread. The devs fixed it by bringing back the old dull colors.

That's what happened.

Edited by Gestalt

Not much of a "fix" if you ask me. I quite enjoyed the new colours, old ones look really really bad and matte, none of the old colours represent the actual colours in the palette either. Red is pink, black is gray and so on.

I really hope they'll re-fix it and never ever touch it again :P EVER

"You bought a Windows 7 and feel good using it, until one day it suddenly turns into Windows 8......"

Fix'd.

As for the subject at hand, the colors, I don't care either way. Both the original darker hues (this one) and the brighter ones were nice.

I really liked the brighter and more vibrant colors we had which is why I bought the color picker. I don't really like any of these faded looking been through 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 runs in a washer machine colors it got reverted back to. I wouldn't have bought the color picker if it had always been those faded colors. :/

Currently I think the best solution would be refund the color picker unlocks, Add color picker B with the brighter colors for the same price as color picker A.

Then all of us that bought the color picker regardless of when it was purchased can get the palette we actually wanted.

I can really go either, way. There are colors and schemes I like using both the old and new/temp colors. Unfortunately at this point there is no way to keep everyone happy with changing the current colors to either.

So yes, it seems like the most realistic solution is to introduce a second basic color picker with the brighter colors, and most likely start with the middle row unlocked as Color Picker A currently starts with.

The Original Faded colors were there. Then DE changed to TRUE colors and it was avalible to everyone at no cost, this making this the new default pallet. Now I for one thought this changed was AWESOME and had nothing bad to say about it.

Now that this revert to this I ran a race and got mud on my face color pallet has gone throught I can do nothing else than agree that it was the wrong decision.

If anyone likes the DULL uninspiring colors then by all means do add a DULL COLOR pack and allow these people to purchase it. However as far as I see it, true colors are usually the default in ANY game and any other versions of these colors are usually add-ons / DLC.

I actually don´t like the dull colors at all and as such I have to agree that we get the true colors back. This thread is in the wrong section however and should be moved to ART section.

Regards Oktalz

If you would check "6.4 hotfixes" topic you would find this post:

https://forums.warfr...post__p__101851

Mistake on their part or not, this could have been hotfixed / adressed at once. As such leaving it as it was untill this update for such a long time making it the "new" default color picker has truly sparked a flame and people now see it as the default color picker. As it seems the majority will not like the old washed out look when compared to this new "true" color picker. As one of my gripes from the start was that RED was never truly RED, the same thing with Blue and Green and basically the rest of the colors aswell, I though their ACCIDENT was actually the new way to go.

If they wanna do anything about this then as colors are the concern here, they should make the DULL version be a purchase or free since it was a mistake anyway. From a starting point in any game you always have access to "true" colors. I see there should be no difference here.

My 2 cents.

That's because the 1 credit set is the original one. Things got borked and some people liked the new ones more while others wanted their old ones back. As such, they made the old ones available for one credit for a week.

No no no. The ones for sale for 1 credit are the ones wher ethey borked up. They weren't supposed to be that bright in the first place.

Just leaves the question did this color picker appear for 1 credit provided you bought color picker A or did everyone get a chance to buy this regardless of anything for just 1 credit?

Everyone. I was able to at least and I never bought the palette A.

If you still feel ripped off after a week, feel free to send in a support ticket for a refund.

Well we're in a tough spot because the palettes got switched. So if you paid plat for it 3 weeks ago you got classic and felt ripped off when the new one accidentally overwrote it. So I'm trying to make amends - basically giving the other for 1 cred for a limited time only. After the week is up and you're still feeling ripped off, we'll refund you and you can buy the single one you want.

Keep in mind they will both go back to regular price. So this is getting 2 for one for a short time because we screwed up. It does devalue one of them which I apologize for.

Just trying to make amends, not rip anyone off at all.

Everyone. I was able to at least and I never bought the palette A.

If you still feel ripped off after a week, feel free to send in a support ticket for a refund.

Thanks for posting that quote. Hopefully people will finally chill out a little.

I bought the color palette myself with plat, but you don't see me griping about the woopsie DE made. Everyone just needs to take a chill pill for a moment and let them fix the problem. It's extremely obvious they aren't out to rip off anyone, and are literally trying to make everyone happy.

No no no. The ones for sale for 1 credit are the ones wher ethey borked up. They weren't supposed to be that bright in the first place.

When comparing the less saturated ones with the ones in the store, I know the ones in the store resemble much more closely (ad so I assumed were the same) as what I previously had.