Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So,what About People Who Want The Detron?

VodkaGR

The ocean is made entirely of drops.  Want it bad enough?  Don't just grind, rally your clan.  Rally the tenno.  Convince others to fight with you.

But whining about it is guaranteed to change nothing.

Not whining, it's feedback. I'm not saying "give us everything we deserve it", I'm saying " next time, let players influence their own rewards". I can rally maybe 3 people. We can't tip the scales.

So far event rewards had been within our grasp. If we took part in the event we could decide if we were going to get those rewards. This time we can't.

Edited by The_Doc

Win the event. If not, DE said any unearned rewards will be put into the vault. So it's possible they will return in the future in some way.

Its not possible, its certain.....in this game there is no exclusivity, you can get anything at one point or another as far as content. 

Seems like a silly way to do it. You get the weapon you didn't find appealing if your side loses? 

I hadn't thought of it that way, but that is kind of silly now that I do. Wouldn't it make more sense to only get the unpotatoted BP version of the upgraded model of the item you were faction loyal to?

Not whining, it's feedback. I'm not saying "give us everything we deserve it", I'm saying " next time, let players influence their own rewards". I can rally maybe 3 people. We can't tip the scales.

So far event rewards had been within our grasp. If we took part in the event we could decide if we were going to get those rewards. This time we can't.

You've never been able to determine your own rewards though, have you?  You can always determine if you get a reward or not, but not what that reward is.

What, didn't read the announcement?  If you support the Corpus and they lose, you'll get the Corpus emblem, a Machete Wraith, and a Brakk BP.

I read the announcement, and dont find it right.

I like more the looks of the Detron, not the Brakk, so if I join this event I will support Corpus not Grineer.

If the Corpus lose, we who supported them should get the Detron bp, not the Brakk bp, since we joined to get the Detron, not the Brakk. And the Detron build with this bp will not have a catalyst, which is reasonable if the Corpus lose.

But no, we will receive a Brakk bp, which we dont want. So I dont see why I should play this event if the Corpus is losing.

But no, we will receive a Brakk bp, which we dont want. So I dont see why I should play this event if the Corpus is losing.

Yeah it is totally stupid. The Grineer are guaranteed a win now because what's the point of fighting for The Corpus? You'll just end up with the crappier version of the Grineer reward anyway.

The ocean is made entirely of drops.  Want it bad enough?  Don't just grind, rally your clan.  Rally the tenno.  Convince others to fight with you.

But whining about it is guaranteed to change nothing.

EXCEPT that the Grineer side has momentum at the start of the event just by having better rewards. DE just barely decided to balance that S#&$ out, but guess what? Grineer now have momentum AND a freaking 5 point lead. No one is going to fight on the losing side. Fighting for Corpus now is a lost cause.

TL;DR, we're getting the stupid Seer reskin whether we want it or not. DE wanted Grineer to win.

Edited by goozilla

EXCEPT that the Grineer side has momentum at the start of the event just by having better rewards. DE just barely decided to balance that S#&$ out, but guess what? Grineer now have momentum AND a freaking 5 point lead. No one is going to fight on the losing side. Fighting for Corpus now is a lost cause.

Cause really, no faction in the history of mankind has ever managed to reverse a trend after a bad start. 

"I GOT DIS BUT I WANTED DIS ONE!" What are you guys, 5?

They're weapons. Weapons that probably won't be nearly as good as acrid/galatine/soma/flux rifle. What you guys are doing isn't "feedback", it's throwing a hissy fit. Be happy you get something for losing. Damn, people are so entitled these days, be happy with what you get. If you really want that corpus weapon so damn badly then start putting grineer through the grinder, hopping on the forum and stomping your feet isn't going to get anything done.

They're weapons. Weapons that probably won't be nearly as good as acrid/galatine/soma/flux rifle. What you guys are doing isn't "feedback", it's throwing a hissy fit. Be happy you get something for losing. Damn, people are so entitled these days, be happy with what you get. If you really want that corpus weapon so damn badly then start putting grineer through the grinder, hopping on the forum and stomping your feet isn't going to get anything done.

Your entire argument falls apart when you realize that even if they lost, they still grinded 100+ missions.

They freaking deserve the correct reward. It is not being entitled at all - they worked their asses off, just like the players on the winning side.

Cause really, no faction in the history of mankind has ever managed to reverse a trend after a bad start. 

True, however here the problem is those who started Grineer for the ressource instead of the credits are likely to keep going for that faction. Thus, the first Invasion mission already decided the victor : Grineer supporters were going to pick Grineer anyway, the undecided ones picked Grineer for the ressource and some Corpus supporter went to Grineer because the first reward was much more attractive than the Corpus'.

Then, since you've already started gathering wins for your faction, why would you bother going to the other, especially since now there's already a large majority of the players on the winning side?

I'm sticking to Corpus out of principle but I know a few people who went Grineer simply because of the first Invasion mission's reward. If that's not stacking the odds, then I don't know what is.

Also, I would have expected your supported faction to reward your efforts and not a contrived "reverse-engineering" plot to justify getting the enemy faction's weapons.

WIN : You get the weapons of your factions, crafted and catalysted as payment for service rendered leading to a profitable victory.

LOSE : You get the blueprints of your faction's weapons since the cost of production can't be covered by your faction due to war expenses, thus you have to shoulder it yourself, including ressources, credit cost and catalyst.

The completed items would signify the winning faction had to pay to get those manufactured while the losing faction literally just sent you data and pictures.

Edited by Wiegraf

Sigh,no matter what you're discussing about,there is always someone pretending to be a smart-&#!

First of all,nothing is as good as these 4 weapons.Just because you want to use the 4 easiest weapons in a game with about 30-40,it doesnt mean others can't put fun above effectiveness regarding their choices.I am tired of seeing the same 4-5 cancer weapons each run

Secondly,we are not entitled to anything.The point is,the rewards make no sense.If i don't want the braxx,why do i get the braxx? I worked for the detron.Why not give us the gun choice,and then determine if it's BP or crafted + slot depending on if you want

Thirdly,due to rewards and clans already commited,and about 2x population on grineer side,there is absolutely zero chance of turning this around.

Correction, support the corpus and do 100 missions, if the Corpus lose you get the Brakk blueprint.

Would it not be better if people got a reward based upon the faction they supported? Ie you support corpus and get detron blueprint if grineer win?

Otherwise it seems like you are having a reward forced upon you (with the majority of people siding with grineer) and being punished for supporting corpus.

I know it is free stuff and it sounds whiney, I'm not fussed as I'm pro grineer. But would it not make more sense and appease corpus fans?

Your entire argument falls apart when you realize that even if they lost, they still grinded 100+ missions.

They freaking deserve the correct reward. It is not being entitled at all - they worked their asses off, just like the players on the winning side.

Did DE put a gun to your head and say "DO THESE 100 MISSIONS NAO"? No. You also get extremely nice rewards just for plugging in 5 missions here or there. The 25 and 100 mission milestone is just a heap of icing on a cake.

Wanna know what made me pick Grineer? I originally picked corpus but then the grineer were nice enough to drop continuity for me and then I was like "Damn, y'all are real bros, f*ck these guys, I'm switching sides. :D" You're also all acting like you've already lost, as far as I can tell grineer only have a small but manageable lead.

The reason I say you're acting entitled is because DE could've just as easily said "No battle pay for you guys, and you either win or no reward" I personally don't care what weapons I get because chances are I'm only going to lvl them to 30 then shelve them.

The Grineer will win  - I guarantee it.

Mainly because supporting the Corpus is illogical.

Why?

Because you will still get the same reward playing for both sides, but a S#&$tier version if you stick with Corpus. If Corpus had given out the Detron even if they lost, why then there'd still be a reason for the Corpus fans to stick with them. Currently there is no reason whatsoever.

Edited by Brimir

Nooo. You get the prova vandal just for doing 25 missions with corpus, regardless of who wins. That's how the original announcement describes it. 

TIER TWO REWARDS - Complete 25 missions of any side, with the reward determined by the victor.

• IF the Corpus win: A deadly Vandal edition of the PROVA. Stun your friends in style. This weapon is super-charged and comes with a weapon slot!
  • IF the GRINEER win: A Wraith edition MACHETTE starving for blood. This weapon is super-charged and comes with a weapon slot!

Corpus supporters better get to it! :O

The Grineer will win  - I guarantee it.

Mainly because supporting the Corpus is illogical.

Why?

Because you will still get the same reward playing for both sides, but a S#&$tier version if you stick with Corpus. If Corpus had given out the Detron even if they lost, why then there'd still be a reason for the Corpus fans to stick with them. Currently there is no reason whatsoever.

And filling up the gameplay feedback forum with "Corpus are going to lose!" helps your situation...how, exactly? I guarantee 90% of people that just started the event as corpus are immediately going to switch sides for the phat loot. This is a golden example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

And filling up the gameplay feedback forum with "Corpus are going to lose!" helps your situation...how, exactly? I guarantee 90% of people that just started the event as corpus are immediately going to switch sides for the phat loot. This is a golden example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I'm just being realistic here. You can tell people that there is a chance for a Corpus comeback all you want, but that would be telling them lies. All the biggest clans are on the Grineer side of things and more and more people are jumping on the Grineer bandwagon. Sticking with the Corpus is admirable, but ultimately futile if you care about getting your just rewards.

I didn't design this event, so don't bite my head of because you can't handle the truth.

I'm just being realistic here. You can tell people that there is a chance for a Corpus comeback all you want, but that would be telling them lies. All the biggest clans are on the Grineer side of things and more and more people are jumping on the Grineer bandwagon. Sticking with the Corpus is admirable, but ultimately futile if you care about getting your just rewards.

I didn't design this event, so don't bite my head of because you can't handle the truth.

I'm not biting anyones head off. I'm stating a pretty well understood fact: A defeatist attitude will not get you a win. Even when I'm on the losing side I'm gungho about winning because there's always a chance. You could have 10 people rolling as solo rhinos, clearing 10 missions every 4-5 minutes(Probably faster but that's as quickly as I could do it"

Enjoy the event, pick your side and stick with it. The weapons will be available at some point down the road, the only exclusive "Never going to see again" stuff I've seen is wraith/vandal and let's be real for a minute; Do any of you even care about a wraith/vandal machete/prova? It's a fun event, I'm enjoying it, why can't you? Win or Lose the battlepay alone makes participating worth it.

I'm not biting anyones head off. I'm stating a pretty well understood fact: A defeatist attitude will not get you a win. Even when I'm on the losing side I'm gungho about winning because there's always a chance. You could have 10 people rolling as solo rhinos, clearing 10 missions every 4-5 minutes(Probably faster but that's as quickly as I could do it"

Enjoy the event, pick your side and stick with it. The weapons will be available at some point down the road, the only exclusive "Never going to see again" stuff I've seen is wraith/vandal and let's be real for a minute; Do any of you even care about a wraith/vandal machete/prova? It's a fun event, I'm enjoying it, why can't you? Win or Lose the battlepay alone makes participating worth it.

And all this is irrelevant,because we are discussing how the event could be better and even-more rewarding.

Edited by VodkaGR

https://forums.warfr...emma/?p=1462753

i like the idea of this, to change the tier 3 reward (100 missions done)

• IF the Corpus win:
  • And you supported them: The ferocious DETRON hand-cannon. The Detron will be super-charged along with a new weapon slot!
  • You did not support them: A BRAKK blueprint stolen from a Grineer datacenter.

• IF the Grineer win:
  •  And you supported them: The semi-automatic BRAKK hand-cannon. It comes super-charged and with a weapon slot included!
  • You did not support them: A DETRON blueprint, reverse-engineered by the Lotus.

This would guarantee that you get the weapon from the faction you want and you support. What did you think?