Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interception Missions

(XBOX)V4L4KH

2 hours ago, (XBOX)V4L4KH said:

I mean most games I´ve played use a non pair to avoid ties when match ends. So why 4 control spots?

Because ties are impossible to happen in warframe's interception missions since control points always start with being enemy controlled. This means interception is a binary mission objective. Either you have an objective, or your enemy does. There is nothing in-between. Even when the round starts, the enemy team are the ones with all control points. So they can get away with 4 control points for 4 players in a full squad as ties are virtually impossible.

If you have only two players and control two points, the enemy will get control of the other two before you control your two points, because all points start out as "enemy controlled". This gives the enemy team the lead, and thus, ties are impossible.

This also means to win, you must, at one moment, gain control of 3 points simultaneously.

The "most games you played" were likely not binary mission objectives (meaning, there could be a state where neither your nor the enemy have control, which doesn't happen in warframe), as of such, ties were possible (although unlikely) and they use 3/5/7 control zones. 

2 hours ago, AltairFerenc said:

Because you gain points and whoever reaches max first wins not you win by just simply getting all 4 towers or lose by losing all 4 towers. The number of towers basicly mean nothing.

🙄 each tower is a multiplier so the number of towers actualle MEAN something, the more you have the faster you score, and even further all start "apparently" neutral, but as soon as you get one the remaining 3 automatically goes to the opposing team obviously giving them a x3 score multiplier vs your x1 multiplier making the match uneven at the start and longer than it should be.

The only possible excuse that I´ve think of is that the developer knew of the AI deficiencies and compensate as described before.

14 hours ago, (XBOX)V4L4KH said:

🙄 each tower is a multiplier so the number of towers actualle MEAN something, the more you have the faster you score, and even further all start "apparently" neutral, but as soon as you get one the remaining 3 automatically goes to the opposing team obviously giving them a x3 score multiplier vs your x1 multiplier making the match uneven at the start and longer than it should be.

The only possible excuse that I´ve think of is that the developer knew of the AI deficiencies and compensate as described before.

yes the towers "mean" something but as I said this isn't your tipical capture and hold the point where you get enough towers to win. You literally compared a capture and hold style match from any and every multiplayer game to a get points so you can win game wich absulutly makes no sense. If there would be only 3 towers to satisfy your "non pair numbers" need would change nothing with 3 towers the mode will be "slower" a bit and with 5 it would be "faster" a bit but overall the mode would not change at all.

17 hours ago, (XBOX)V4L4KH said:

Rather, its more likely that it makes zero sense whatsoever for all towers start out as true neutral (neither enemy nor you have it).

Think about it: We are stealing THEIR towers in THEIR places, disrupting and intercepting THEIR communications. Thats the whole objective of the mode. Its called "Interception" and not "Zone Control" for a reason you know.

I'm starting to think that you just want the tower count to be reduced to 3 instead of 4 but you can't find a good reason to justify it, other than the fact that you don't seem to like it at 4. Other than that I don't see a reason why you would blame poor AI as the motivator for DE to have towers start out as enemy controlled.

Even in good AI, the towers SHOULD be enemy controlled because its the common sense thing to do. Its their towers you are intercepting.

On 2020-11-29 at 12:01 PM, Aadi880 said:

Rather, its more likely that it makes zero sense whatsoever for all towers start out as true neutral (neither enemy nor you have it).

Think about it: We are stealing THEIR towers in THEIR places, disrupting and intercepting THEIR communications. Thats the whole objective of the mode. Its called "Interception" and not "Zone Control" for a reason you know.

I'm starting to think that you just want the tower count to be reduced to 3 instead of 4 but you can't find a good reason to justify it, other than the fact that you don't seem to like it at 4. Other than that I don't see a reason why you would blame poor AI as the motivator for DE to have towers start out as enemy controlled.

Even in good AI, the towers SHOULD be enemy controlled because its the common sense thing to do. Its their towers you are intercepting.

Then the common sense should say that there MUST BE AT LEAST ONE  enemy unit spawning at each tower at match start (which in turn will start the point multiplier since they control all towers but they didn´t bothered to do it) instead you got the scoring which starts as soon as a player captures a zone and then enemy units start spawning (yup, before that, there are no sentries, no alarms, no nothing to protect such an important device in enemy ops) and then all the remaining sites automatically go for the enemy (your excuse for "they built it therefore it´s theirs" in warfare seems weak when the place ain´t guarded to begin with). this game mode IS a control match (call it watever you want and justify it all lore wise IT IS a control match, same mechanics and all, otherwise you should use the Robocop thingy in your wrist to hack the damn towers instead of standing nearby). 

You can tell the poor AI the game have because any nearby unit to the control panel of the tower will head to it instead of attacking you (even the most powerful ones try to do that) when all they have to do is stand in the area, even further, the roach dudes when deploying their inflable barricades most of the time do it when they´re outside the zone (a very poor tactic if you ask me) and the harpoon enemies use it to drag you into the zone, and the rest of the ranged units will go for cover....which is mostly out of the zones. The archwing control zones are waaaay easier because of the enemy tracker and the overall speed and agility of the archwing, but seriously this need some polishing.  

Archived