Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow for premade chat bubbles

Zzz-Somnus-zzZ

Ok so since typing in game is gonna get you killed at higher levels, this is a similar solution to Monster Hunter World's chat pop-ups that are announced to the whole team.

Right now we have a gesture submenu which is completely useless in gameplay: the Nartas don't even deal damage nor do they have ragdoll gimmicks :/

I would rather it have SOME functionality, such as being able to display customisable text in missions when used (not in relays). Can even make it such that they spawn a mannequin of light that displays the gestures if you had to move quickly after using the gestures to avoid certain death. 

Having an arbitration gesture to tell people to head to extraction when I've found it before the survival timer ends beats the ambiguous waypoint

54 minutes ago, Zzz-Somnus-zzZ said:

Having an arbitration gesture to tell people to head to extraction when I've found it before the survival timer ends beats the ambiguous waypoint

This seems like a bad example. Just drop a waypoint, enter void mode and type “extraction here”. That seems much more useful than spawning something on yourself that your squad won’t see if you’re not near them. 

Based on your explanation, it seems like a total waste of time. It just seems to have such a small niche. Maybe you have explained it badly and relied on people to know how it works in Monster Hunter - I don’t play that game, so have to go off the information you have given. 

Yea no you're right, I forgot god mode existed. 

Guess it makes gestures completely irrelevant in missions then. 

18 minutes ago, krc473 said:

how it works in Monster Hunter:

There is no chat tab in Monster Hunter so they have shoutouts that can only be customised prior to quest start: 

imagine using the hotkey for your glyph prism but instead of having the glyph popup, a premade message is entered into chat.

Was thinking of situations like in disruption where the few seconds spent typing to ask for help in chat would mean that you would've already lost the conduit.

7 hours ago, Zzz-Somnus-zzZ said:

imagine using the hotkey for your glyph prism but instead of having the glyph popup, a premade message is entered into chat.

Oh, it could have some use if it shows in the chat. I was thinking you meant just a chat bubble with a mannequin. It could be something fun, even if it’s not very useful.

But god mode does tend to invalidate that kind of thing. 

Archived