Can you put extractors in The Void now, or did I bug out the game again..?

Question

Well title really says everything...
I was searching for my third extractor because I thought I only had 2 deployed, and my cap is 3.
Looked around but couldn't find it, so logged into the mobile app...

O8nHVju.png

Why hello there... yepp...

JSppm3P.jpg

I mean I don't particularly mind farming Argon crystal with extractor, but unless I missed something in the patch notes...
I'm pretty sure this isn't normal.

I have a pretty good idea about how it happened. Story time...

I had forgotten to put out extractors after retrieving them, and was trying to last-second deploy an extractor at Deimos as I was loading into a relic-run on a void node. I never got to see the confirmation dialog and assumed I was too late / it had failed. After the mission I looked at Deimos, saw no extractor there, and tried to deploy again. Max allocation reached, it said. I figured I was probably just tired or something. I couldn't be bothered and went on to do other missions... About an hour later and I was just browsing Navigation, wondering which mission to do next, so I started looking at the planets for the missing extractor, totally expecting an "oh... right" moment as I would inevitably find it and jog my memory in the process. But I didn't find it, and I was so confused and curious I had to log out, and open the mobile app to figure out what had happened to my last extractor. I mean of course I never bothered to look for it in The Void.

Edited by AnorZaken
Added chain of events
  • Like 3

4 answers to this question

That's a bug.  I've heard of cases where people managed to deploy extractors to the void by doing exactly what you described, loading into a mission there while attempting to deploy one elsewhere.  In a lot of these cases, people struggled to retrieve those extractors.  Let us know if you get back when it's done.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AlyxisPrime said:

That's a bug.  I've heard of cases where people managed to deploy extractors to the void by doing exactly what you described, loading into a mission there while attempting to deploy one elsewhere.  In a lot of these cases, people struggled to retrieve those extractors.  Let us know if you get back when it's done.

I didn't know that. I tried to replicate what I did the first time to see if my hypothesis was correct, but this time I used Mars as my deploy-planet instead; deploy on Mars while loading a capture in the void.
This time the extractor did not end up in The Void, or on Mars for that matter.... Instead I got this very interesting result:

MHeqPz3.png

It really makes me wonder if there is some consistent offset.
That being said, I don't think I'll make any more attempts, I don't want to take the risk of playing around with bugs.

EDIT:
For the record I was able to retrieve it just fine. So it said it was ready to claim, I claimed it, and then it said 2h left (for the second one).

Edited by AnorZaken

Lol, 2 times Deimos?  Well at least you were able to retrieve the one from the Void.  But you should submit a bug report, be sure to explain how you were able to consistently reproduce the bug.  And yeah, I wouldn't do it anymore.

Edited by AlyxisPrime
  • Like 1