Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is warframe's dependence on the wiki bad?

continue

8 hours ago, Aldain said:

That card doesn't really work that well, considering one of my earliest gaming experiences was the original Megaman X back when I was about 4 years old, so I grew up long before the "handed on a silver platter" thing started.

So.. about mid 90s or so.  They had started the hand holding in games by about then.   Probably because memory space had grown more so maybe they could start to.  Let alone the idea that games were getting more complicated too.   But that would be console.   I wonder when hand holding started to happen in PC games given Ultima started back in the early 80s.  More button combos and different hardware, more things can be done.

Some of the early DRM was "pull out the instruction manual.  What is word X, line Y, page Z."  Which could be a backhanded way of hand holding now that I think about it.

*laughs*  Here is a thought.  How many developers/IT workers/Techs have to deal with people that refuse to read manuals.  That can upset those folks, justifiablly so.  Hand holding may have backhandedly start also because they got sick of people not reading the basic manuals to get a clue.  Gamer lazyness may have caused the problem that this thread is discussing.  Ah.. who knows.  Things are what they are now, for better or worse which is soley dependent upon one's perspective.

Archived